AFMC 2023: Armed Force Medical College is a premier Institute for medical science in India. It is known as the center of excellence for medical education & research and with career prospects in the defense services. The Institute was established on the 1st of May 1948. The B. C. Roy Committee recommended the amalgamation of various medical Institutions. The graduate wing of AFMC was established in August 1962, now affiliated to the Maharashtra University of Health science recognized by the Medical Council of India for conducting undergraduate and postgraduate courses in medical courses. It was established to provide a regular supply of medical officers to the armed forces of India.
AFMC 2023 Application Form:
- The AFMC 2023 Application Form for Admission to the AFMC undergraduate course shall make available from April 2023 onwards on the website: www.afmc.nic.in.
- The last date for registration for the AFMC 2023-24 examination is May 2023.
- Only the candidates who satisfy the minimum eligibility criteria shall be able to apply. All the necessary relevant details should be filled in the application form.
- The applicants should pay an application fee of Rs. 250.00 through SBI bank challan before the last day of submission of the application form.
- Applicants are required to create their login ID and password by visiting the official website.
- Before submitting the application form it should be confirmed to have entered the Full Name, Email ID, AIPMT Roll No., Mobile no., Scanned image of photograph and signature in JPG format of size less than or equal to 500 KB only, their qualification, personal and other details as required and save it.
- Then the application should be submitted by clicking on the “submit” button. The candidates shall get their password on their registered email ID and number.
AFMC 2023 Exam Date:
Below are the AFMC 2023 Exam Event dates. There are not official notification dates all dates are last year’s exam bases. For an update, we will mention it here as soon as possible.
|Online Application Form filling data starts:||April 2023|
|Last date for Application form submit:||May 2023|
|Online application form Last date for submission:||May 2023|
|Last date of Fee challan generation:||May 2023|
|Fee payment submits the Last date:||May 2023|
|Interview Date:||June/July 2023|
|Merit List date Release:||August 2023|
AFMC 2023 Eligibility Criteria:
Candidates can check below the AFMC Eligibility Criteria:
- The candidates should be a citizen of India, or a subject of Bhutan or Nepal, or a person who migrated from Pakistan or any other foreign country with the intention of settling permanently settling in India.
- Candidates must be unmarried, marrying during the course is not permitted.
- The candidates must be medically fit as prescribed by the govt. of India, Ministry of defense.
- The Student must have attained the age of 17 years and must not have attained the age of 22 years on the 31st December of the year of application (not more than24 years for the candidates who have passed or appeared in the final examination of B.Sc.).
- The candidates must have passed in all the subjects of the 10+2 final examination with English, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology taken simultaneously in their first attempt as regular students with a minimum of 60% marks in these science subjects and not less than 50% marks in English and each of the other science subjects.
- They must have passed in Mathematics in their 10th examination. Read More – AFMC 2023 Eligibility Criteria.
Duration of the MBBS Course:
The duration of the MBBE Course is four and a half years followed by one year of Internship.
The students have a compulsory liability to serve the Armed Force Medical Services as commissioned Officer. The offer on the type of commission will depend on the vacancies available. The Candidate’s parents/Guardians are required to sign a bond agreement at the time of admission to this effect.
Further information regarding MBBS admission can be obtained from the “MBBS Admission Link”.
For Latest Updates Follow Us on Instagram – Click Here
AFMC 2023 Exam Pattern:
- The entrance test for admission is of two hours duration of a single paper comprising of five parts.
- The subjects covered are Biology (50 marks), Physics (50marks), Chemistry (50 marks), Intelligence Logic and Reasoning (25marks), English Language and Comprehension (25 marks).
- The total number of questions will be 200; each question carries 1 mark for a correct answer and 0.25 marks negative for a wrong (incorrect) answer.
- The calculator is not allowed in the examination hall. Read More – AFMC Exam Pattern.
AFMC Syllabus 2023:
The general standard of the 11th and 12th class of 10+2 education system /Pre-medical / Intermediate Science or an equivalent examination of State Board of Education or University is the standard of Entrance Examination for Admission to its MBBS course. In this AFMC Syllabus include below subjects:
- English and Logical Reasoning
Genetics and Evolution, Reproduction and Development in Humans, Diversity in Living World, Cell: Structure and Function, The Unit of Life, Structure and Function – Animals, Plants, Reproduction, Structure, and Function, Growth and Movement in Plants, Ecology and Environment, Biotechnology and its Applications, Biology and Human Welfare.
AFMC Chemistry Syllabus:
States of matter, Some basic concepts in Chemistry, Chemical thermodynamics, Solutions, Chemical kinetics, Chemical bonding, Equilibrium, Classification of elements and periodicity in properties, Atomic structure, 5 Chemical energetic, Redox reactions, Solid-state Chemistry, Coordination compounds, Organic compounds with functional groups containing halogens (X), S-Block Elements (Alkali and Alkaline Earth metals), Purification and characterization of carbon compounds, Biomolecules, Chemistry in everyday life, Organic compounds with functional groups containing oxygen, Electrochemistry, Surface chemistry, Hydrogen, Some basic principles of Organic Chemistry, General principles and processes of isolation of elements, Hydrocarbons, p-Block Elements, The d-and f-Block elements, Polymers, Environmental Chemistry, Organic Compounds with a functional group containing nitrogen.
Introduction and Measurement, Ray Optics and Optical Instruments, Electrons and Photons, Rotational Motion, Gravitation, Magnetic Effect of Currents, Magnetism, Description of Motion in One Dimension, Atoms, Molecules and Nuclei, Solids and Semiconductor Devices, Heat and Thermodynamics, Oscillations, Waves, Electromagnetic Waves (Qualitative Treatment), Description of Motion in Two and Three Dimensions, Electrostatics, Current Electricity, Electromagnetic Induction, and Alternating Currents, Laws of Motion, Work, Energy, and Power, Thermal and Chemical Effects of Currents.
Intelligence, Logic, and Reasoning:
Arrangements, Coding, Family Tree, Series, Numerical grid
The Verbal Reasoning questions are on the following:
- Critical Reasoning.
English language and Comprehension:
- Reading comprehension
- Word meaning – Antonyms, Analogies, Synonyms – your ability to recognize relationships between words and concepts, parallel relationships, etc.
- Sentence Correction
- Sentence completions – your ability to recognize words or phrases that both logically and stylistically complete the meaning of a sentence
Students who fulfill all the eligibility criteria shall be called for the entrance examination at one of the examination centers on the first Sunday of May 2023. The selected candidates on the basis of merit in the entrance examination shall be called for an interview to be held in the month of May / June 2023 at AFMC Pune. About 900 candidates are called for the interview out of which about 120 students (105 Boys and 25 Girls) are finally selected for admission (10 seats for SC / ST).
AFMC MBBS Merit List 2023:
Every year AFMC provides a separate merit list for Boys & Girls. The Merit declares on the basis of entrance exam final scores. Candidates get admission on the basis of the AFMC 2023 Merit List. During the admission, candidates have all original documents such as passing certificates and Mark sheets of the qualifying exams.
Get the Latest Update Join Us on Telegram – Click Here