Central University of Kerala Admission 2023: Central University of Kerala or CUK is a well-known university founded in 2009 under the Central Universities Act. It is situated in Kasaragod, the north-western coastal district of Kerala. It is accredited by NAAC and offers various degree programmes at the levels such as undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctoral levels. Furthermore, the article informs about the Central University of Kerala Admission 2023 process, eligibility criteria, and other details through this article.
Central University of Kerala 2023 Application Process:
For admission to any of the courses at the Central University of Kerala, candidates need to visit the official website of CUET Here is the step-by-step process:
- First, go to the official website of CUET i.e. (www.cucetexam.in), and click on ‘Online Application Form’
- Now, click on ‘Click Here for New Registration’
- Select the preferred course and start the registration
- Start filling in personal, educational, and other details in the form.
- Once the application form gets over, go through the form carefully lastly, submit the form and application fee.
Central University of Kerala Admission 2023 Exam Date:
|Application Form Release Date||To be announced|
|Last Date To Apply||To be announced|
|Admit Card||To be announced|
|Exam Date||To be announced|
|Result||To be announced|
Central University of Kerala: Important Details
The admission process at the Central University of Kerala begins in March every year.
Admission to Undergraduate and Postgraduate programmes is via scores attained in the Central University Entrance Test (CUET). In addition to these scores, the applicant has to follow the eligibility criteria set by the University.
- UG Course: The minimum qualification for admission to UG courses includes class XII from some recognized board
- PG Course: The candidate must be a graduate for admission to PG courses in the relevant discipline from some recognized university
- Those who are applying for Ph.D. must have completed post-graduation in the relevant subject from the university recognized by University Grants Commission (UGC)
Check the course wise eligibility conditions before applying:
To do a BA in International Relations, the applicant must have completed class 12th with at least 50% aggregate or equivalent from a recognized board (45% aggregate for SC/ST category candidates)
Various PG courses such as MA, M.Sc, MSW, M.Ed, LLM, MPH, and PG Diploma require applicants to must have appeared in their final exams and those who are waiting for the final result may also apply for admission. Applicants also need to go through the entrance exam, minimum eligibility criteria, etc as per the details mentioned below:
- To apply for MA in Economics and Public Administration & Policy Studies, Applicant must be possessed the Bachelor’s degree in any discipline with a minimum of 50% aggregate from the recognized university (45% aggregate for SC/ ST category candidates)
- If you are applying for, English & Comparative Literature and Linguistics & Language Technology, the applicant must be possessed a degree of graduation in any discipline with a minimum 50% aggregate in total as well as in English subject from some recognized university (45% aggregate for SC/ ST category candidates)
- To apply for MA in Hindi & Comparative Literature, the minimum qualification is a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline with a minimum 50% aggregate in total as well as in Hindi subject from a recognized university. SC/ ST category candidates will get a mark relaxation of 5%.
- To apply for MA in International Relations & Political Science, the applicant must have completed a Bachelor’s degree in International Relations, Political Science, Public Administration, Economics, History, Law, Media, and Communication Studies with a minimum of 50% aggregate from a recognized university
- To do an MA in Malayalam, an applicant must be possessed with the degree of Bachelors in any discipline with a minimum 50% aggregate in Malayalam subject from some recognized university. However, 5% marks relaxation will be given to SC/ST category applicants.
For Latest Updates Follow Us on Instagram – Click Here
CUK offers various M. Sc. programmes and here are the details about the same:
- To apply for M.Sc in Mathematics, the applicant must have completed B. Sc in Mathematics with at least 55% marks from some recognized university and 50% aggregate for SC/ST category applicants.
- To apply for M. Sc. in Physics, the candidate must have done a B. Sc with at least 55% aggregate from some recognized university and 50% aggregate for SC/ST category candidates.
- If you are interested in applying for M.Sc in Chemistry, the minimum qualification of the applicant is B. Sc with a minimum 55% aggregate in Science subjects, with Chemistry as the main or one of the main subjects, and Mathematics as one of the subsidiary subjects. Reserved category applicants must have attained at least 50% marks.
- For doing M.Sc in Computer Science, the applicant must have completed BSc Computer Science/BCA/BTech Computer Science or equivalent with at least 55% aggregate from some recognized university (50% aggregate for SC/ ST category candidates)
Other PG Courses:
The Central University of Kerala offers admission into courses as well. These courses include MSW, MEd, LLM, and MPH. Admission to these four pogrammes is based on the scores attained in the CUCET entrance test.
- MEd and LLM: 28 years
- MPH: 25 years
Note: The age as of July 01 of the year of admission
- To apply for MSW, a candidate must have completed graduation in any discipline with a minimum 50% aggregate from some recognized university and 45% for SC/ ST category candidates.
- To apply for M.Ed, the minimum qualification is B.Ed in any discipline with a minimum 50% aggregate from some recognized university (45% for SC/ ST category candidates)
- To do LLM, the applicant, candidate must have completed Three-year/ five-year regular LLB degree from some recognized university with a minimum of 50% marks from a recognized university and 45% for SC/ ST category candidates.
- For doing MPH, the candidate must have done MBBS/BDS/BSc Nursing/any branch of Engineering/ BPharm/ Bachelor’s of Physiotherapy/ BVSc/ MSW
PG Diploma Admission:
Besides Postgraduate programmes, the university also offers PG Diploma in two specializations. PG Diploma admission is fully based on the applicant’s scores acquired in CUCET. Check the eligibility criteria below:
- To do a PG Diploma in Yoga, the applicant must have done graduation in any discipline and attained a minimum 50% aggregate from a recognized university. However, reserved category applicants must have acquired at least 45% marks.
- To apply for NRI Laws, a degree of graduation is a must to have with the applicant from some recognized university
The Central University of Kerala also offers courses at the Doctoral level. It provides Ph.D. in 21 specializations and to acquire a Ph.D. programme applicants need to appear in the CUCET exam as well. Kindly note, that applicants with research fellowships awarded by the Government of India need not take CUCET
The eligible candidates need to appear and discuss their research interests in an interview.
- Applicants must have acquired at least 70% in the entrance exam and 30% in the interview for the selection of the candidates. Find the basic eligibility criteria for the Ph.D. programme:
- To apply for Ph.D. in Economics, English and Comparative Literature, Linguistics, and Hindi & Comparative Literature, the candidate must have completed post-graduation in the concerned/allied/relevant subject with a minimum of 55% marks and 50% aggregate for SC/ST category candidates from a University recognized by UGC
Get the Latest Update Join Us on Telegram – Click Here