Central University of Karnataka Admission 2023: The Central University of Karnataka is one of the well-known universities among several available options. CUK is a central university that offers a huge number of courses under the levels such as undergraduate and postgraduate. Find about the Central University of Karnataka Admission 2023 process, application procedure, eligibility criteria, and other details through this article.
Central University of Karnataka Admission 2023 Highlights:
Here are some important highlights of Central University of Karnataka Admission 2023:
- Type of University: Central University
- Year of Establishment: 2009
- Location: Gulbarga/ Kalburagi, Karnataka
- Affiliation: UGC, AIU
- Accreditation NAAC B++
- Official Website: https://www.cuk.ac.in/
Central University of Karnataka 2023 Application Form:
Candidates are required to begin admission to the desired course by filling in the application form from the official website. The university does not offer an offline form filling procedure. Here is the step-by-step process to apply:
- First, go to the official website of CUK
- After this, click on the ‘Apply Online’.
- Two options ‘New registration’ and ‘Already registered’ will appear on the screen
- After this, sign in to the official website and enter the details asked for.
- Start uploading the images.
- Once you click on ‘New Registration’, a registration window will flash on the screen. Start filling out the registration form
- Fill out the duly filled Registration form
- After you submit the form, a User ID and password will be sent to the registered mobile number.
- Use the Login credentials and fill out the application form.
- Make sure to take a print of the application form for further reference.
The application fee is the most important formality applicant needs to pay to apply for the desired programme. Find the details of the same below:
- Make the Application fee payment via modes such as Debit card/Credit card/Net banking/UPI.
- General/OBC/EWS category candidates will pay Rs. 800/- for UG and PG programs and Rs. 1000/- for PH. D program
- ST/SC category applicants will pay Rs. 350/- for UG and PG programs and Rs. Rs. 450/- for PH. D program.
Central University of Karnataka Admission 2023 Exam Date:
|Application Form Release Date||To be announced|
|Last Date To Apply||To be announced|
|Admit Card||To be announced|
|Exam Date||To be announced|
|Result||To be announced|
Check the reservation criteria for Central University of Karnataka Admission 2023 given below:
- OBC: 27%
- SC: 15%
- ST: 7.5%
- EWS: 10%
- UR: 50%
For Latest Updates Follow Us on Instagram – Click Here
M.Phil & Ph.D. Admission:
The details about M.Phil & Ph.D. Admission is as follows:
- For doing a Ph.D. in Hindi, Kannada, linguistics, Economics, Social work, Management, Commerce, Psychology, Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry, candidates must have completed UGC/CSIR/DST/MHRD – JRF is exempted from the entrance test, and appear for PI round. NET/SLET candidates need to appear for the entrance test.
- To do M.Phil in Psychiatric Social Work, the applicant must have done M.Phil or Master’s degree in Hindi with at least 55% marks and 50% for ST/SC/OBC category applicants. However, if a candidate scored 40% marks (35% for ST/SC/OBC) in CUCET will be called further for an interview. A merit list will be prepared as per the performance in the written exam and interview.
Admission through CUCET in CUK:
Admission to all the courses is provided based on the CUCET examination (Central Universities Common Entrance Test). This test is commenced by 14 central universities of India. It is a national-level exam that takes place once a year and applicants are required to clear the test to attain admission in various courses available at central universities at undergraduate & post-graduate levels.
UG and Integrated Programs:
The Central University provides 5-year Integrated programs in the disciplines such as Science, Engineering, and Humanities. It also provides a standalone program in Management Studies. The University offers applications for UG and Integrated Courses in March every year.
- To do BBA, Integrated M.Tech Power and Energy Engineering, Integrated M.Tech in Information and Communication Technology, Integrated MA in English, Economics, Psychology, Geography, and Geology, the applicant must have attained at least 50% marks in class XII with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as subjects, from a recognized Indian or foreign Institutions/Board, may apply for the course.
- However, ST/SC and Kashmiri Migrant students must have scored at least 45% marks in class XII. Besides this, the applicant must have acquired at least 40% marks in the Central Universities Common Entrance Test (CUCET). Candidates will seek admission to the course based on merit scored on the test. ST/SC and Kashmiri Migrant entrants will be given marks relaxation of 5% marks in CUCET.
- 33% – JEE Main
- 33% – CUCET (Central Universities Common Entrance Test)
- 34% – Karnataka State Common Entrance Test.
- 15% – SC
- 7% – ST
- 27% – OBC (Non-Creamy Layer)
- 3% – Supernumerary seats for Kashmiri Migrants
- 3% – Differently-abled candidates
- 1% – NCC/NSS/Sports
- 1% – Defence Personnel
The Central University of Karnataka provides various courses under the post-graduation level. It includes courses in disciplines such as Science, Humanities, Linguistics, Commerce, and Management. Admission to Postgraduate courses starts in June every year. Here are the details about the same:
- If you are interested in applying for M.A in English, Kannada, Linguistic, Folkloristic and Tribal Studies, Economics, and History then the applicant must have acquired an aggregate of 50% marks in graduation from a UGC recognized college and University. The university will provide a 5% mark relaxation to ST/SC and Kashmiri Migrant students upon graduation. Marks in graduation, the applicant must have attained a minimum of 40% marks in the Central Universities Common Entrance Test (CUCET). Besides all this, admission to the course is based on the merit scored on the test. Here also, ST/SC and Kashmiri Migrant applicants will be given a relaxation of 5% marks in the CUCET.
- To apply for M.Com, MBA, MCA, MSW, and Master in Public Administration & Governance, the applicant must have acquired an aggregate of 50% marks in graduation from a UGC-recognized college and University. The university will provide a 5% mark relaxation to ST/SC and Kashmiri Migrant students upon graduation. Marks in graduation, the applicant must have attained a minimum of 40% marks in the Central Universities Common Entrance Test (CUCET). Besides all this, admission to the course is based on the merit scored on the test. Here also, ST/SC and Kashmiri Migrant applicants will be given a relaxation of 5% marks in the CUCET.
- To do an MA in Psychology, and Applied Geography & Geoinformatics, applicants must have acquired at least 50% marks in aggregate in B.A/B.Sc with Geography or any other subject related to Earth Science from a UGC recognized College or University. However, a marks relaxation of 5% will be provided to the ST/SC and Kashmiri Migrant students upon graduation.
- To apply for M. Sc. in Applied Geology & Geoinformatics, applicants must have acquired at least 50% marks in aggregate in graduation (including Agriculture, Forestry, BCA, B.Tech) from the UGC recognized college or university. Applicants belonging to SC/ST/Kashmiri Migrant students must have attained at least 45% marks in graduation.
- To apply for M.Sc in Mathematics, Physics, or Chemistry, the applicant must have done a B.Sc/ B.Sc (Hons) with Physics as a subject with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate from a UGC recognized College/university. On the other hand, Kashmiri Migrant students/SC/ST must have attained at least 45% marks in graduation.
In all the disciplines of M.Sc, 50% of the seats will be filled by the applicants qualifying marks in JAM (Joint Admission Test for MSc) and the rest of the 50% seats will be filled based on the Entrance Test.
- 15% – SC
- 7% – ST
- 27% – OBC (Non-Creamy Layer)
- 3% Supernumerary seats for Kashmiri Migrants
- 3% – Differently-Abled
- 1% – NCC/NSS/Sports
- 1% – Wards of Defence Personnel
Get the Latest Update Join Us on Telegram – Click Here