DBT JRF 2023: The DBT-JRF Program is conducted by the Department of Biotechnology (DBT). The DBT conducts the DBT-JRF or The Department of Biotechnology Junior Research Fellowship program for meritorious candidates to pursue research in the field of Biotechnology. Candidates are selected through the BET or Biotechnology Eligibility Test. The exam is held every year. The application forms are usually made available online in April and the selection of the candidates is done based on the DBT JRF BET.
DBT JRF 2023 Exam Date:
|Available the Online Application Form||1st week of February 2023|
|Online application form submission last date||2nd week of February 2023|
|Starts the Application Fee||3rd week of February 2023|
|Application form fee submit the last date||2nd week of March 2023|
|Admit Card||April 2023|
|DBT JRF 2023 Exam Date||April 2023|
|Display the question paper & answer key on the website||April 2023|
|Announce the Result||May 2023|
DBT JRF 2023 Application Process:
The DBT JRF 2023 application forms are expected early in the year 2023 online on the official website www.bcil.nic.in.
- Candidates are advised to check the eligibility criteria before submitting starting the registration process.
- The last date of submission of application forms is in March.
- The candidates should register themselves by filling in the necessary details like date of birth, email address, mobile number, etc.
- Post successful registration, the candidate’s user id and password will be generated
- The candidates can access the application form using the user Id and password.
- candidates are to fill in the details asked for in the application form.
- The candidates need to upload scanned copies of their signature, photograph, birth certificate, necessary qualification examination marks certificate, caste certificate (if any), PWD certificate, etc.
- Payment details need to be uploaded before the application form can be submitted.
- The candidates should remember to check the application form before making the final submission.
- The payment of the application fee has to be made first as the payment details have to be uploaded before the application form can be submitted.
- The payment of the application fee can be made online using net banking or debit card or credit card.
- The application fee for the general candidates is Rs. 1000/- and for Reserved Categories like SC or ST or PWD is Rs. 250/-.
DBT JRF 2023 Eligibility Criteria:
- The maximum age of the candidate should not be more than 28 years as on the last date of application.
- A relaxation of 5 years is made for candidates belonging to the Reserved Category like SC or ST or PWD and the same relaxation is extended to female candidates. The age relaxation is made up of 3 years for OBC-NCL candidates.
For Latest Updates Follow Us on Instagram – Click Here
MNS Entrance Exam eBook – Click Here
- Candidates need to complete either M.Sc or M.Tech or M.V.Sc or Integrated BS-MS or BE or B.Tech in Biotechnology or M.Sc or M.Tech in Bio-Informatics or Computational Biology or M.Sc either in Life Science or Bioscience or Zoology or Botany or Microbiology or Biochemistry or Bio-Physics.
- Candidates admitted under DBT supported postgraduate teaching programs are also considered eligible.
- The applicants who will appear in their final year exam in 2023 can are also eligible to apply.
- You need to get a minimum of 60% marks in the aggregate in the qualifying examination. The candidates belonging to the reserved category need to get a minimum of 55% marks.
Exam Pattern for DBT JRF 2023:
- The Mode of the Examination will be Online.
- The Duration of the Exam will be 3 hours.
- There will be 200 questions of 300 marks.
- DBT JRF BET Exam consists of two sections, Section A and Section B.
- Part-A is a test of aptitude and general biotechnology knowledge while Part-B is tests knowledge of general as well as specialized branches in Biotechnology
|Section||Topics||No. of questions||No. of Questions attempted||Total Marks|
|Section A||General Science, Mathematics, Chemistry, General Aptitude, Analytical Ability, Quantitative Ability, General Biotechnology, etc.||50||50||150|
|Section B||Specific Areas of Biotechnology||150||50||150|
DBT JRF Syllabus:
Part A: Aptitude & General Biotechnology
- Questions that include Comprehension-related, where the candidates are given a written paragraph to read, and then questions related to that paragraph.
- They might be designed to test the non verbally reasoning capacity, they may also be quantitative; designed to assess the candidate’s ability to comprehend large numbers and to perform basic calculations.
- Biomolecular structure and function
- Genetics, Phylogeny & Evolution
- Cellular processes
- Genomics and Proteomics
- Organization of structure and functions of prokaryotic and eukaryotic cells
- Recombinant DNA Technology
- Methods in Biotechnology
- IPR, Biosafety & Bioethics
Part B: Specialized Branches in Biotechnology:
Part B subpart 1.) Agricultural Biotechnology
- Plant Biology, physiology, molecular biology, and seed technology
- Tissue Culture, Transgenic Technologies, and Biotechnology
- Molecular Breeding and Genomics
- Abiotic and Biotic Stress Biology
Part B subpart 2.) Animal Biotechnology
- Animal Physiology and Biochemistry
- Animal Parasitology
- Molecular Diagnostics
- Animal Genetics
- Histology and Embryology
- Animal Virology
- Molecular Medicine and Surgery
- Research Methodologies
Part B subpart 3.) M. Tech. Biotechnology, Biochemical Engineering, and Industrial Biotechnology
- Introductory Mathematics
- Thermodynamics in Biological Systems
- Downstream Processing in Biotechnology
- Engineering Principles
- Bioprocess Engineering and Technology
- Bioprocess Plant Design
Part B subpart 4.) Bioinformatics & Computational Biology: Major Bioinformatics Resources, Application in drug design, Scoring Matrix, Pairwise sequence alignments, Multiple sequence alignments (MSA), Application in Taxonomy and phylogeny, Comparative genomics, DNA & RNA secondary and tertiary structures, t-RNA tertiary structure, Database Searches, Proteins, Sequence Analysis, Basic concepts, Structural Biology, Classification and comparison of protein 3D structures.
Part B subpart 5.) Environmental Biotechnology: Basic Ecological Concepts and Principles, Waste Water Treatment Systems, Environment-friendly technologies, Management of municipal, biomedical and agricultural solid waste, Chemistry of organic and inorganic chemicals polluting Environment (air, water, and soil), Pollution Monitoring, Water Pollution, Environmental Pollution Control, Environmental Pollution, Treatment of Typical Industrial Effluents, Global environmental problems
Part B subpart 6.) Marine Biotechnology: Important marine organisms and their behavior, Microbial interaction, Oceanography, Role of microbes in the marine environment, Marine resources assessment, Types of marine microbes and their biology, Population study and marine environment protection, Microbial Assessment, Microbial metabolites, Manipulation and microbial techniques, Marine organisms, and environment interaction, Culture systems, and hatchery techniques Fouling and corrosion, Introduction to marine pharmacology, Disease diagnosis, Pollution & Biomaterial interaction, Wastewater bio-treatment
Part B subpart 7.) Medical Biotechnology: Vaccinology, Infections of the Respiratory system, Proteomics based diagnosis, Host-pathogen interactions in the disease process, Immunotechnology, Human disease genes, Genetics of Neurogenetic disorders, CMI and Imaging techniques, Complex polygenic syndromes, Genetics in Medical Practice, Infections of the Nervous System, Genetic basis of eye disorders, Infections of the Gastrointestinal Tract, Components of genetic counseling, Pyrexial Illness, Sexually Transmitted Diseases, and Congenital Infections, Antibody-based diagnosis, Cellular therapy, DNA based diagnosis, Immunotherapy, Gene therapy, Recombinant therapy, Gene silencing technology.
Part B subpart 8.) Molecular and Human Genetics: Cell Biology and Cytogenetics, Organization of the human genome, Principles of Genetics, Chromosomal analysis, Human Genome, Common genetic disorders, Functional genomics
Part B subpart 9.) Neuroscience: Neurons, Neurophysiology and Behavior, Patterning, polarity and regionalization of the nervous system, Neuronal death during development, Glial cells, Electrical properties of excitable membranes, Major events in early embryonic development, Birth and migration of neurons, Synaptic transmission, and cellular signaling, Neurotrophic factors, Electrical properties of neurons, quantitative models of simulations, Hodgkin & Huxley’s analysis of squid giant axon, Chemical Control of Brain and Behavior, Neural Control of Heart, Cardiovascular Homeostasis, Sensation and perception, Cognitive development and aging, Fundamentals of Motor Systems, Neural Control of the Breathing, Sleep and Dreaming, Clinical neurochemistry and Neuropathology
Part B subpart 10.) Pharmaceutical Biotechnology:
- Drug metabolism
- Downstream processing
- Enzymes and microbial technology
- Pharmacological screening and assays
- Biochemical engineering
- Industrial applications
DBT JRF 2023 Admit Card:
The admit card is released on the official website. To download it, the candidates have to log in to the portal using their respective user Id and password. It is essential for being allowed entry into the examination hall of the DBT Junior Research Fellowship exam.
DBT JRF Result 2023:
The Department of Biotechnology declares the result of the DBT JRF BET at rcb.res.in. Based on the result of BET 2023, Category I and Category II merit lists are compiled.
The Department of Biotechnology selects candidates under two Categories. The department has provision to select 275 candidates under category I as JRFs each year eligible who can avail fellowship at any university or institute in India. The next 100 students, selected under category II, are eligible to join any DBT sponsored project provided they follow the complete selection process of the host institute. The students selected under category II are eligible to avail of fellowship equivalent to that of the NET qualification.
Get the Latest Update Join Us on Telegram – Click Here