GCET 2021: Goa Common Entrance Test (GCET) is conducted by the Directorate of Technical Education, Government of Goa. It is conducted to offer admission to candidates in engineering and other courses. GCET is a state-level entrance examination that is conducted once a year. The admission will be offered based on marks scored by candidates in the entrance exam. Candidates successfully qualifying for the examination will able to get admission in the state government/aided engineering colleges of Goa state. The admission into the MBBS course will be offered through the NEET score and in the B.Arch course through the NATA score. Candidates appearing for GCET will have to fill and submit the application form before the last date of applying for an application form. Check the below-given article to know all about the application form of Goa CET 2021.
GCET 2021 Notification:
- 19th May 2021: GCET 2021 Exam Date has been Postponed, Now the Exam will be conducted on 15th & 16th June 2021.
GCET 2021: Highlights
|NDA eBook For Current Affairs, Mathematics, etc – Buy Now|
|Name Of The Exam||Goa Common Entrance Test (GCET 2021)|
|Name Of The Organization||Directorate of Technical Education, Goa|
|Exam Level||State Level|
|Category||Engineering Entrance Exam|
|Mode Of Application||Online Mode|
|Exam Mode||Online Mode|
GCET 2021 Exam Date:
Admission Open 2021
|VIT-AP UG Application Form-2021 – Apply Now|
|NIIT University 2021 Admissions Open – Apply Now|
|LPU NEST 2021 Admissions Open – Apply Now|
The tentative schedule for GCET Exam Date 2021 is given in the table below. Interested candidates can check the schedule and apply for the examination process.
|Notification Released:||May 2021|
|Application form availability (online and Offline):||To Be announced|
|Date to collect GCET admit card:||To Be announced|
|GCET Exam Date 2021 (Postponed)||15th & 16th June 2021|
|GCET Exam Result out:||To Be announced|
|Submission of the application:||To Be announced|
|Commencement of the First round of GCET admission:||To Be announced|
|Commencement of the Second round of GCET admission:||To Be announced|
How to fill the GCET 2021 Application Form:
The Candidates are advised to check the eligibility and the procedure to apply before submitting the application form. The steps to fill the application form are given below.
- The GCET 2021 application form will be started from the first week of April 2021.
- The mode of filling the application form is offline.
- Candidates first need to visit the official site.
- Candidates then have to download the application from the official website.
- It is required to take a good quality printout of the application form on the A4 sheet.
- Next fill in all the required details of the application form like personal details, details related to the category of the candidates, etc.
- Fill in the contact details and the academic details
- Paste a recent colored passport sized photograph on the application form.
- Also, attach the required document with the application form.
- the name of the candidate should be in capital
- The postal code and address also have to be submitted by the candidates.
- The candidates have to submit the application form along with the demand draft of the application fee and all the relevant documents to the DTE office.
|GK Book for All Competitive Exams – Buy Now|
- The application fee will be 2000/-.
- The application fee has to be submitted through a demand draft drawn in favor of “Director of Technical Education” at Panaji, Goa, on any Scheduled Bank.
GCET 2021 Eligibility Criteria:
- The candidate must be a citizen of India.
- NRI/ OCI/ PIO candidates will be allowed to apply under the NRI category.
For 1st year B.E
- The candidate must have qualified 10+2 or equivalent exam with English, Physics, and Mathematics as compulsory subjects and any one of the Chemistry/Bio-Technology/Computer Science /Biology subjects.
- The candidate must have qualified 10+2 or equivalent exam with 45% (40% for SC/ST and OBC candidates) aggregate marks in physics, mathematics, and any one of the Chemistry/Bio-Technology/Computer Science /Biology subjects.
For 1st year B.Pharma
- The candidate must have qualified 10+2 or equivalent exam with English, Physics, and chemistry as the compulsory subjects and any one of the Mathematics/Bio-Technology/Computer Science /Biology subjects.
- The candidate must have qualified with 45% (40% for SC/ST and OBC candidates) aggregate marks in the above-mentioned subjects.
GCET 2021 Exam Pattern:
The exam pattern for GCET 2021 will be as follows:
- Mode of Exam: Offline (Pen and Paper Based Exam)
- Type of Questions: Multiple choice questions
- Total Number of Questions: 225
- The medium of Exam: English
- Sections: Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry.
- Duration of Exam: 6 Hours (2 Hours for each section)
- Marking Scheme: 1 mark will be given for a correct answer
- Negative Marking: Not applicable
Goa CET 2021 Syllabus:
The syllabus for GCET 2021 will be as per the curriculum of class 12th (Science) of the Goa Board of Secondary & Higher Secondary Education, Porvorim. Important topics from each subject are as follows:
- Physics: Electrostatics, Current Electricity, Magnetic effects Of Current and Magnetism, Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents, Electromagnetic Waves, Optics, Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation, Atoms and Nuclei, Electronic Devices, Communication Systems Etc.
- Chemistry: Solid State, Solutions, Electrochemistry, Chemical Kinetics, Surface Chemistry, General Principles And Processes Of Isolation Of Elements, D And F Block Elements, Coordination Compounds, Haloalkanes and Haloarenes, Alcohols, Phenols And Ethers, aldehydes, ketones and Carboxylic Acids, Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen Etc.
- Mathematics: Relations and Functions, Algebra, Calculus, Vectors and Three-Dimensional Geometry, Linear Programming, Probability Etc.
GCET Preparation Tips
- Candidates must first get complete details about the exam pattern & syllabus.
- After that prepare a timetable for the study.
- Make a timetable in such a way that you can give proper attention to all the subjects.
- Go through the previous year’s question papers as it will give you an idea about the type of questions asked.
- Solve model papers
- Do revisions daily.
- Take a break in between to maintain concentration.
GCET 2021 Admit Card will release in the first week of April 2021. To download the Admit card candidates will have to enter their login credentials. All candidates need to carry admit card at the examination center. No candidate will be allowed to sit in the exam hall without admit card. Candidates also have to carry one valid ID proof (Driving License/ Aadhar card etc.) along with Admit Card.
GCET 2021 Result:
|Admission Enquiry Form – Apply Now|
The GCET 2021 Result will be declared in the third week of May 2021. It will be released on the website via online mode. Authority will release a merit list for all offered courses based on GCET scores. Candidates will have to enter their login credentials to check their Result. Based on the merit list, candidates will get shortlisted for counseling rounds.
GCET 2021 Counselling:
The GCET 2021 Counseling process will start after the result declaration. Counseling will be started from the last week of May 2021 via online mode. It will be mandatory for all qualified candidates to participate in the counseling process. After submission of the admission form, candidates will be called for the counseling process. Candidates will also have to bring original as well as photo stated documents for verification & submission.