GURET 2022: Every year, Gauhati University commences the common examination named GURET for students looking forward to taking admission in research courses. The full name of the examination is Gauhati University Research Eligibility Test or GURET and the entire information will be available on the official website. Moreover, the article describes everything about GURET 2022 application process, application fee, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, result, and many more details.
GURET 2022 Notification:
- The GURET 2022 Application Form will be released soon.
GURET 2022 – Highlights:
Here are the highlights of GURET 2022:
|Name of the Examination:||Gauhati University Research Entrance Test (GURET) 2022|
|Entrance Exam||IIT JEE, CEE, GATE|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Selection Criteria||Based on Combined Merit|
GURET Exam Date 2022:
|Application Form Release Date||To be announced|
|Last date to Apply||To be announced|
|Admit Card||To be announced|
|GURET 2022 Exam Date||To be announced|
|Result||To be announced|
GURET 2022 Application Form:
The application process for GURET 2022 will be commenced via Central Application Process (CAP). Applicants are required to fill out the form for Ph.D. and M.Phil courses via CAP. Those who have been exempted from taking GURET 2022 need to fill the CAP and submit the fee. Go to the official website to fill the form with appropriate information.
The Application Fee for GURET 2022 is Rs 1000/-. All candidates are required to go through CAP and submit the CAP fee after completing the CAP. Submit the fee via online mode.
For Latest Updates Follow Us on Instagram – Click Here
GURET 2022 Eligibility Criteria:
Before applying for GURET 2022, make sure to check the eligibility criteria given below:
- Entrant must have completed post-graduation from some recognized university or institute in the Faculties of Arts, Science, Commerce, Management, Law, Technology, Fine Arts, Engineering, and Medicine or other professional subjects of GU with the minimum of 55% marks or equivalent in the concerned subject may apply for Ph.D. However, marks relaxation for SC/ST/OBC candidates or a differently-abled (with equal to or more than 40% disability) of 50% or equivalent grade.
- For Medical Sciences, the rules of the Medical Council of India/Indian Nursing Council/Rehabilitation Council of India/ recommendation of the Faculty of Medicine for Clinical Courses will take place (where necessary).
- Those who have appeared or are appearing in their postgraduate final exams may also apply for admission to Ph.D. Programmes. Such candidates need to submit their results before the final selection list of successful applicants is prepared by the authority.
- Applicant who is doing a job needs to submit a “No Objection Certificate” from the employer before applying.
Eligibility Criteria – International Candidates:
- An International Applicant, who is not a domicile of India needs not to appear in GURET 2022. Rather, they appear for the Counselling process which is commenced via different methods.
- Interested candidates must have cleared the Master’s level exam from the university/ institute recognized by the UGC.
- Applicant must have attained at least 55% or equivalent grade in the post-graduation exam.
- Qualifying Exam: To seek admission in Ph.D. Programme, you MUST have cleared the course which is equal to the two-year Master’s Programme taken after twelve (12) years of school and three (3) years of the undergraduate course. This means the applicant must have completed 17 years of formal education to attain admission in M.Phil & Ph.D. Programme. This may vary from one course to the other.
- Besides all this, International applicants must appear in standardized tests such as TOEFL, IELTS, etc. Or else, via the proven record of receiving education in the English language over a big length of time.
- The concerned department will take into consideration the merit of the research proposal, reference letters, and scores acquired in standardized tests such as the GRE.
- International Applicants need not pay the application fee.
- They must visit the IRW (International Relations Wing) to know the process of applying.
- GURET 2022 will be conducted in offline mode.
- The candidate will get 2 hours to complete 100 Multiple Choice Questions.
- The applicant will receive 4 marks for every correct answer and there will be a deduction of 1 mark for incorrect answer.
- No marks will be given on un-attempted questions.
In each discipline, out of the 100 questions, 10 questions will be included from general awareness in the subject concerned and others will be subject related.
The Ph.D. programme will be proffered in the following disciplines:
- Science & Technology
- Commerce, Law & Medical
In some disciplines (specifically in Science & Technology departments), Ph.D. applicants must have prior expertise in a certain area to get enrolled in a Ph.D. programme. The syllabus will be for the Master’s subject.
Course Fee structure:
Check the fee structure of the courses below:
- Ph.D. in Arts, Law, Fine Arts: Rs 10200
- Ph.D. in Science, Technology, Commerce, and Management: Rs 19000
- M.Phil in Arts, Law, Fine Arts: Rs 22400
- M.Phil in Science, Technology, Commerce, and Management: Rs 27900
After completing the application process successfully, applicants can download the admit card from the official website. The admit card will consist of information such as exam date/time etc. The admit card is a crucial document and every candidate must carry it to the examination center.
To acquire admission in the desired course, applicants need to acquire at least minimum scores set by the exam conducting authorities. The exam board decides the cut-off marks which every candidate must secure. Based on the applicant’s qualification, the merit list will be created and released. And only those who have names on the merit list will participate in further admission formalities. Steps to download Exam Result are as follows:
- First, go to the official portal of Gauhati University Admissions at admissions.Gauhati.ac.in.
- Then go to the Homepage and click on “Ph.D. Programme”.
- In the list, choose “GURET 2022”
- Finally, GURET 2022 web page will open up.
- Once you reach there, click on “Download the Merit List”.
- Choose the respective research subject and the link attached to it will direct the page to the new tab.
- A PDF file opens and here search roll number and name.
- Download the document
- Click to download the result/merit list.
Those who have their names on the merit list will appear for the counseling process. The counseling will be conducted based on the subjects. The following documents are required for the counseling round:
- The original document of mark sheets and certificates
- Original or Certified copy of fellowships or the scholarships referred by those who were exempted from the GURET Exam.
- No Objection Certificate or NOC from the employer (if the applicant is working)
Admission: As soon as counseling gets over, the applicant will participate in admission.
Get the Latest Update Join Us on Telegram – Click Here