IIT Delhi Ph.D. Admission 2023: Like any other Ph.D. program, the IIT Delhi Ph.D. program is also based completely on research. The course for this particular program is limited because it will enhance both the depth as well as the breadth of the student. It will also help the student to do focused research. The main aim of the program is to ensure that the students become experts in the subject and are thereby able to do proper research of the ecosystem. The course is designed in a way that the students are able to contribute to the research in some of the best universities across the globe. The program is also based on some of the best practices that are followed in the top universities of the world.
IIT Delhi PhD 2023 Exam Date:
|Registration for JEE Main (April Session)
|JEE Main (April Session) Exam||March 2023|
|GATE Registration||April 2023|
|GATE Exam||May 2023|
|IIT JAM Registration||June 2023|
|IIT JAM Exam||July 2023|
IIT Delhi PhD Admission 2023 Application Form:
There are two different admission processes followed for the IIT Delhi PhD Admission 2023. You can go through the discussion below to get a better understanding of the processes:
Rolling admission: This is the admission process followed for those candidates who are quite clear about the specific field they want to work in. The candidates who are interested will have to work with those faculty members who deal with the particular subject in IIT Delhi. They will therefore have to get permission from the faculty members. But those candidates will have to follow a proper process of selection, in order to get admitted to the program.
Regular admission: Regular admission on the other hand happens in two different cycles- once in the month of February and then in the month of April every year. It again happens in the month of September and November. This is the time for winter admission.
There is an open advertisement given and it is through this that the application from the eligible candidates are invited. The candidates will have to appear for a written test and also an interview in order to qualify for the program. All students will not be invited for the written test or the interviews. The students who have a good academic record will only be invited for written tests and the interview. The candidates who will qualify for the written test will be called for the interview. As per the rules, the candidates belonging to the reserved category will be provided with some sort of relaxation.
The outstation candidates will also be eligible to appear for the written test and the interview and the training fee will be reimbursed to them. In order to get this facility, they will have to show proof of their travel. The candidate will be only reimbursed for the second sleeper. In case the candidate avails of the bus facility and comes through the shortest distance, even then he or she will be reimbursed.
In order to apply for this program, the candidate will have to follow the steps mentioned below:
- You will have to first visit the official website of IIT – D
- There you will have to click on the desired course option.
- After that the candidate will have to ” apply online” option that is there.
- After that they will have to register themselves as a “new user” and in order to do that they will have to fill in all the necessary details.
- After that the candidate will have to log in with the necessary details and then correctly fill out the application form.
- The candidate will then have to fill in the entire details of the application form and then pay the required admission fee.
The candidates will have to provide the documents that are mentioned below:
- The candidate will have to provide a scanned copy of the eligibility certificate and it should be in the PDF format. The eligibility certificate includes the provisional certificate, the degree certificate and the certificate from the head of the department or the head of the institute that will be available in the GOAPS website.
- The candidate will also require to provide a scanned copy of the PWD certificate in case it is applicable.
- If the candidate has dyslexia, then he or she will have to provide the dyslexic certificate in the PDF format.
- The scanned copy of the passport size photograph. The size should be varying between 480×640 to 240×320 pixels and it should be in the JPEG format.
- A scanned copy of the signature. The size of the image of the signature may vary between 160×560 to 80×280 pixels in JPEG format.
IIT Delhi PhD Application Fee:
The application fee for this program is Rs.29900/-. The candidate will have to pay this amount in order to complete the entire process of admission.
In order to apply for the IIT Delhi PhD program, the candidate will have to complete the M.Tech or M.E or M Sc or MBA degree with at least 60% marks or complete B.E/B.Tech with a minimum of 70% marks. The candidate will however be selected based on his or her score in the GATE or the NET entrance test that is conducted by the institute. This test is again followed by an interview.
The admit card will be available on the official website and it is necessary for the candidate to carry the admit card when he or she will go to the examination hall.
For Latest Updates Follow Us on Instagram – Click Here
The result of this program will be declared on the official website of the institute.
IIT Delhi is one of the most recognized institutes and therefore getting admission in the Ph.d program of this particular institute will certainly help him or her in the future.
Get the Latest Update Join Us on Telegram – Click Here