IIT Palakkad Admission 2023: IIT Palakkad is a well-known public autonomous engineering and research institute located in Kerala. It is one of the five new IITs that came into being in the 2014 Union Budget. The institute consisted of 94 faculty members, 63 non-teaching staff members, and more than 970 students enrolled. It offers degrees at the UG, PG, and research levels in Engineering & Technology, Sciences, Humanities, and Social Sciences via 10 departments and 1 center. It has two campuses to fulfill the academic purpose. The temporary campus is situated in Kozhippara at the Ahalia Integrated Campus and the permanent campus is located in Kanjikode. Both these campuses are fully developed with all modern academic and recreational facilities.
IIT Palakkad Admission 2023:
IIT Palakkad provides admission to degree courses such as B.Tech, M.Tech, M.Sc, M.S (By Research), and Ph.D. And admission to all these courses is based on the national-level entrance exam. The JEE Advanced entrance scores are used for determining admission to the 4-year B.Tech program. Those who are applying for the B.Tech program must have a JEE rank between 3716 and 14227. For final admission to the IIT Palakkad MTech program, candidates must have attained the GATE score of 400-600.
IIT Palakkad Admission 2023-Highlights:
- Hostel: IIT Palakkad has accommodation facilities through its hostels. It has four hostels on Ahalia Campus and three hostels on the Nila campus.
- Financial Help: IIT Palakkad offers scholarships and financial aid to its students under the central sector scheme, UGC/AICTE scholarship schemes, Institutional schemes, etc. Take a note that scholarships offered to students by IIT Palakkad are based on merit.
- Faculty: The institute consisted of staff with 150+ members. It includes 94 faculty members, 34 technical staff, and 29 administrative staff. Also, it is a multi-disciplinary institution with above 5000 students and more than 250 faculty members.
- Collaborations: IIT Palakkad has collaborated with 20 MoUs with academia and industries in India and abroad. These MoUs consisted of Bexel India Consulting, Electro-Optical Systems, TECHIN, University of Alberta, National Taiwan University, NHAI, SCTIMST, ITI Ltd. Palakkad, etc., and others.
- Research: The institute works on research projects and has published several research papers as well as journals of 2022. These research papers consisted of topics such as Collective motion of cells modeled as ring polymers, remodeling of chromatin and implications, consumer responses during the covid-19 lockdown, restoration of established systemic inflammation, etc.
IIT Palakkad Courses:
Here is the list of courses, specialization, eligibility criteria and selection process for different courses at IIT Palakkad:
- B.Tech: This course is for the duration of 4 years. It offers Full-time Specializations such as CSE / CE / EE / ME. Applicant must have cleared class XII with PCM and English. And the selection is based on JEE Advanced + JoSAA Counselling
- M.Tech: It is a 2 years duration course. It offers full-time specializations in Data Science, Geotechnical Engineering, Computing & Mathematics, etc. Applicant must have cleared B.E./B.Tech with minimum 60% aggregate marks from recognized institutions. The selection of the application is based on GATE + Counselling + Interview/Written Test
- M.Sc: This course is for the duration of 2 years. It offers Full-time Specializations in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. To seek admission in M. Sc. the Candidate must have completed B.Sc or equivalent degree. The selection is based on IIT JAM and Counseling
- MS: This is the course for the duration of 2 years. Candidate must have cleared Master’s degree or equivalent from some recognized institution. The selection is based on entrance scores
- Ph.D: This course is for the duration of 4 years and one can attain it as Full time/ Part-time. The minimum eligibility is post-graduation or graduation with a minimum of 60% marks. To seek admission, the candidate needs to appear in entrance test along with the Interview and Written Test
Entrance Accepted Courses:
Some of the courses are based on the entrance. Here are the details:
- B.Tech: JEE Advanced Score
- M.Tech: GATE
- M.Sc: IIT JAM
- Ph.D: GATE/ UGC-NET/ CSIR-NET/ ICAR or ICMR score –
IIT Palakkad Admission 2023 Important Dates:
|Application form available
|Last date to submit the application form
|Selection list appears
|Date of joining
For Latest Updates Follow Us on Instagram – Click Here
How to Apply?
The admission process is an online process. Those who are willing to acquire admission in the courses, are required to submit the application form. Here are the steps to apply:
- First, visit the website
- Choose the application for the course of choice.
- Now, use the relevant Id and password.
- Access the application with the credentials.
- Submit the important information.
- Attach or upload the relevant documents.
- Submit the application fee
- Keep a copy of the application form for further reference.
Scholarships at IIT Palakkad:
IIT Palakkad offers scholarships to bright students but with bad financial status. Check the scholarships provided below:
- Merit cum Means Scholarship: The parents’ income is less than INR 4.5 LPA. Their tuition is exempted and is given INR 1,000 per month.
- Free Studentship: Parents’ income is less than INR 4.5 LPA and their tuition fee is exempted.
- SC/ST Scholarship: In this category, students are given a rebate in mess charge up to INR 800 per month. In addition to this, they also get the facility of free lodging and 250 INR as a pocket allowance.
- Ph.D. Scholars Stipend: The students admitted to MS (Research) and Ph.D. get a fellowship of INR 12,400 and INR 25,000 on the monthly basis.
Get the Latest Update Join Us on Telegram – Click Here