IIT Guwahati Ph.D. Admission 2023: Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati is a public technical and research university in India. It was founded by the Government of India in the year of 1994 by the act of Parliament in the place Guwahati of the state of Assam in India. It has taken the sixth position in India as the Indian Institute of Technology. This Institute has also earned a signified acknowledgment by the government of India as an Institute of National Importance.
IIT Guwahati PhD Admission 2023 Application Form:
The online application form for seeking admission to Ph.D. programme will be circulated on the official website. The date of submission of the application after fulfilling all requisite information has relaxed behind the scheduled time due to the unexpected spread of COVID-19. This Institute regulates seventeen categories of Ph.D. courses. In the time of admission, candidates have to face written entrance examinations followed by an interview at a stretch. The candidate will collect the application form by the help of online mode. They must be aware of eligibility before filling the application.
IIT Guwahati PhD Application Fee:
The Application Fee for all candidates will be Rs.300 except for the female applicants, transgender candidates, SC, ST and PwD applicants who have to pay Rs. 150 as an application fee.
IIT Guwahati PhD 2023 Exam Date:
|Registration for JEE Main April Session||February 2023|
|April Session JEE Main Exam||March 2023|
|Registration for GATE||March 2023|
|GATE Exam||April 2023|
|M.Tech Registration||May 2023|
|M.Des Registration||June 2023|
|Ph.D Registration||June 2023|
IIT Guwahati Ph.D. Admission:
The admission form will be available on the website. They must be ensured with the eligibility quality as per the guideline given on the website. It is mandatory that first of all registration of a candidate will be done online for selection. At the time of registration, the userID and password will be created. The candidate will upload all supported papers along with images for eligibility purposes online.
Engineering & Allied Programme:
- Candidate should be qualified for a master’s degree in the field of Engineering/Medical Sciences/Pharmacy Veterinary Sciences /Technology/ with 60% marks at least.
- Four years of bachelor’s degree in the branches of Engineering/Technology/Medical Sciences with 70% marks are fit to apply.
- Candidates with 70% marks in MSc with Mathematics are eligible to apply for the program.
- Candidate having 6.0 or 60% of marks as a minimum (CPI), in the field of M.Des/M.Arch or M.E/M.Tech degree etc
- Master degree holders with a minimum 60 % score from the course of Ergonomics/Fine Arts/Applied Arts/Occupational safety/Psychology/Health/Physiology & Journalism/Mass Media Communication can apply.
- 60% marks in Master’s degree with Management are fit to apply
Ph.D in Science-Sector:
- Master degree holder in Science/Engineering/Design/Technology followed with a minimum of 60%marks.
- 4 years Bachelors’s program in Design/Engineering/Technology with 70 % marks at least.
Ph.D-Humanities & Social Sciences:
- Master degree holder in Science/Arts/Commerce having 55% marks.
- Master degree holder in Technology/Engineering/Design with 60% marks.
- 4 years of Bachelors’ program in Design/Engineering/Technology with 70 % marks at least.
Ph.D in Linguistic Science and Technology:
- Master degree holder in Engineering/Design/Technology in CSE/EEE/ECE followed with a minimum of 60%marks.
- Master degree in Linguistics or equivalent with at least 50% marks.
- Bachelor’s degree holder in Engineering/Design/Technology in CSE/EEE/ECE followed with minimum of 70%marks.
Ph.D in Rural Technology:
- Master degree holder in Engineering/EVS/Technology/ agriculture followed with a minimum of 60%marks.
- Bachelor’s degree holder in Engineering/Agriculture/Technology followed with minimum 70%marks.
General information for Ph.D Admission:
Applicable for all applicants:
Aspiring candidates are required to fulfill the following criteria for joining Ph.D. programs in all Disciplines. Candidate should have a minimum graduate or postgraduate degree in basic sciences /Postgraduate Degree in Professional stream and one of the two, as described below, are to be adhered to
- They will come from the Selection process held by National Eligibility Tests (UGC-NET) including assistant Professorship and by getting or
- They have to face the selection process which will be followed as the National Level examinations conducted by MHRD and with their associated agencies like IIT/IISC/UGC/IISER/IIIT, etc.
Regular and Full time:
- The regular and full-time category is pursuing Ph.D. with a view to getting a financial assistantship from the Institute or from external financial sources on a full-time basis.
- CSIR/UGC or other recognized funding agencies arrange this Fellowship/Assistantship or they will receive the same from IIT Guwahati. This Fellowship will be granted on the performance of satisfactory assigned teaching duty as per governing rules.
- In case of granting this type of Fellowship from the other funding sources, these candidates must satisfy the following requirements ie graduation in BE/B Tech/BDes or equivalent degree with a valid GATE score.
- Candidate having an MSc degree with qualifying GATE scorecard or valid CSIR-NET(JRF)/INSPIRE/NBHM-Ph.D qualification etc.
- Candidates having Master’s degree in any Humanities subjects or Social Sciences or equivalent subjects along with valid UGC-NET qualification.
Some relaxation against valid GATE/CEED/NET/INSPIRE etc for the candidate who will meet the following
- Must have a qualifying degree in B.Tech/BDes Bachelor course or holding MA/MSc degree from an Indian Institute of Technology (IIT)
- A minimum Postgraduate degree in basic Sciences or attained a professional course in graduate or post-graduate stream and who will be selected through National eligibility Test-UGC NET and GATE including Lectureship (Assistant Professorship).
- Examination through the National level organized by MHRD and associated agencies as UGC/IIT/IISC/IIIT/ER/IIS, etc are to be strictly counted.
Sponsored Full-Time candidate:
Require a study leave of three years will be sponsored by a recognized R&D organization or government body. They will spare full time to pursue this program. The final admission is based on the performance in the written test and interview taken by the concerned academic department. No financial assistance is made from the Institute for this fellowship.
Fellowship for Employment and Part-time:
Employed persons at least one year experience at the time of applying with a no-objection certificate from the employer, on a part-time basis they will continue their PhD programme in professional work on which they are seeking admission. No scholarship/fellowship will be given in this category.
Self –Financed and Full time:
No financial support will be provided in this category from the IIT Institute Guwahati. A full-time course will be pursued and candidates need to attain classes regularly as per schedule.
There are also other provisions in pursuing this Ph D programme which are (a) Self-Financed and Part-Time (b) Project Staff and Full Time(c) Project Staff and Part-Time (d) External and Part-Time (e) Self-Financed and Full-Time Foreign Students etc. Details information about this programme is available on the official website.
Field of Research Areas:
Every selected candidate will be allowed to choose three areas (minimum) as per interest for Ph.D. thesis papers. They will be informed via online mode. In online mode, one has to provide Names, e-mail addresses of two references who are associated with the candidate and have complete knowledge of the academic credentials and character of the candidate. Details are to be seen on the website.
As soon as the application process is completed, each candidate has to approach for payment of fees using the online system. Application may not be considered if payment is not made in a proper way. Details about the fee structure can be accessed from the official website.
Category wise Reservation:
Special attention has been given to the allocation of seats for reserved categories viz. SC/ST/OBC/EWS and PWD as per Government rules. Requisite certificates for this special category needs to be submitted at the time of submission of the application form either by using an online or offline method.
As per merit on written test and interview candidates will be shortlisted and the admission procedure will start by providing an offer letter to the respective candidates. No hard copy will be delivered by post. The selected candidates will be instructed to produce the documents i.e. copy of online Ph.D. application forms, color passport size Photographs, a Photocopy of all certificates, and necessary papers along with originals. Candidates should be ensured to get their registration at IIT Guwahati before joining the Ph.D. Programme.
Get the Latest Update Join Us on Telegram – Click Here