JIPMER 2023: The Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research (JIPMER) is one of the top medical colleges in India. It was established on 1 January 1823 by the French government. It is located at Pondicherry, the capital of the union territory of Puducherry, in southern India. It is an Indian central government-funded institute with the autonomy to run its internal Administration. In 2008, JIPMER became an institution of national importance under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India. It is an institution where a candidate gets courses for undergraduate and postgraduate medical training and a working hospital that provides good medical care to a large number of patients.
JIPMER has two campuses – the main campus is located in Pondicherry; the other campus is at Karaikal. There are a total of 200 seats under the JIPMER UG exam – 150 seats at the Pondicherry campus and 50 seats at the Karaikal campus. Around 2 lakh candidates appear for the exam every year for these 200 seats. JIPMER campus spreads over 192 acres (0.79 km2). It has about 200 faculty and 360 resident physicians and over 3,000 nursing, administrative and support staff.
The Vision of the JIPMER:
- To be distinguished as a world leader among medical institutions by providing exemplary medical education.
- Higher training.
- Safe patient care.
- Quality research and innovations through community collaboration.
The Mission of the JIPMER:
- Medical Education: To provide outstanding learner-centered medical education
- Clinical Care: To deliver excellent patient and family-focused care
- Research: To bring out advanced knowledge through innovation and discovery
- Community Service: To improve the health of the medically underserved community
Every year, JIPMER conducts JIPMER UG (2023) exam. The exam will select candidates for admission to the MBBS course in the institute. It is a national-level exam. The admission will be offered by the JIPMER Karaikal & Puducherry campuses. It is one of the three medical entrance exams in India, AIIMS UG (for admission to the All India Institutes of Medical Science) and NEET UG (for admission to all other medical and dental colleges in India – both government and private) being the other two. Here, we will give you all the information about JIPMER 2023 Notification.
JIPMER 2023 Application Form:
The JIPMER Application Form will be released online mode on the official website in the month of March 2023. The last date to apply for JIPMER will be April 2023.
Steps to Fill the Form:
- Step 1: Go to the official website of JIPMER – www.jipmer.edu.in
- Step 2: Click on the link to apply online for JIPMER 2023.
- Step 3: First register yourself by entering some basic details, like Name, Email ID, Phone Number, etc. Then your login details will be generated and sent to your registered email ID.
- Step 4: Now use your login details to log in.
- Step 5: Fill up the JIPMER online application form by entering your details.
- Step 6: Upload the scanned images of your Photograph and Signature.
- Step 7: Check the entered details and make changes if necessary.
- Step 8: Go to the “Payment” tab and make payment of the JIPMER application fee through Debit Cards, Credit Cards or Net Banking.
- Step 9: Submit your JIPMER application form.
- Step 10: Take a print out of your JIPMER online application form for the future.
JIPMER Application Fee:
|OPH & P-OPH||Exempted|
JIPMER 2023 Exam Date:
|Application form Summit Date Start:||1st week of March 2023|
|Last of Application form:||1st week of May 2023|
|Admit card:||3rd week of May 2023|
|JIPMER MBBS Exam date:||2nd week of June 2023|
|Announce Result Date:||4th week of June 2023|
|Start the Process of Seat Allotment:||Last week of June|
The Eligibility criteria for the JIPMER UG 2023 for Filling the Application Form:
- Nationality: Candidates must be an Indian citizen or Non-Resident Indians.
- Age: Candidates must be at least 17 years old. (No relaxation is considered for any category of candidates).
- Qualification: Candidates must have passed the Class 12 or equivalent exam from any recognized board. Candidates who are appearing for the Class 12 or equivalent exam in 2023 can also appear for the exam. Candidates should have Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English in Class 12. Candidates should have passed individually in Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English. The aggregate marks of Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology should be 50% (45% for General-OPH and 40% for SC/ST/OBC/OPH).
For Latest Updates Follow Us on Instagram – Click Here
- JIPMER is a computer-based exam and a single staged exam.
- The total time duration of the exam is 2 hours and 30 minutes.
- The exam is conducted in 2 shifts – The morning and Afternoon shifts.
- JIPMER is conducted only in English
- There will be 4 marks for every correct answer.
- For every incorrect answer, 1 mark will be deducted.
|Subjects||Number Of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|English Language & Comprehension||10||40|
|Logical and Quantitative Reasoning||10||40|
The JIPMER 2023 syllabus for UG is the same as the CBSE / state-board Physics, Chemistry and Biology syllabus of Class 11 and 12. Here is the syllabus for the exam.
Biology: Cell Structure and Function, Human Physiology, Plant Physiology, Structural Organization in Plants and Animals, Biotechnology, Genetics and Evolution, Diversity in Living Organisms, Biology and Human Warfare, Ecology & Environment.
Physics: Thermodynamics, Electromagnetic Induction & Alternating Current, Dual Matter of Nature, Current Electricity, Electrostatics, Electromagnetic Waves, Electronic Devices, Optics, Magnetic Effect of Current and Magnetism, Atoms & Nuclei.
Chemistry: Surface Chemistry, Electrochemistry, Biomolecules, Alcohols, Ketones and Carboxylic Acid, Aldehydes, Phenols and Ethers, P Block Elements, Isolation of Elements, Halo Alkanes and Haloarenes, Solid State, Solutions, Polymers, Chemistry in Everyday Life, Organic Compounds containing Nitrogen, Chemical Kinetics, Coordination Compounds, D & F Block Elements.
- Section A: Reading Unseen Passages and Note-Making
- Section B: Writing Skills
- Section C: Literature and Long Reading
Reasoning: Coding and Decoding, Substitution, Figure Completion Test, Blood Relationships, Number and Alphabetical Series, Theme Detection, Quantitative Aptitude, etc
Recommended Book for JIPMER MBBS 2023
- JIPMER Medical 15 Years’ Solved Papers (by Arihant publication)
- Topic Wise Solved Papers for Medical Entrance (by Disha publication)
- Chapter-wise Explorer JIPMER (by MTG publication)
- Objective Physics (by MTG publication)
- Objective Chemistry (by MTG publication)
- Objective Biology (by MTG publication)
- Guide to English Proficiency, Logic and Quantitative Reasoning for JIPMER with Past and Practice Papers (by Disha publication)
JIPMER Admit Card:
The Admit Card will be released in the month of May 2023 on the official website. The candidate should download the Admit card by the website. Admit card will have Candidate’s Name, Date of Birth, Photograph and Signature as uploaded in the form, Roll Number and Name and Address of JIPMER Center. It is compulsory to carry Admit card in the exam hall and also carry a valid ID proof like Aadhar Card, driving license, etc.
Steps to download Admit card:
- Step 1: Go to JIPMER official website: www.jipmer.edu.in
- Step 2: Click on a link named “EXAMINATION”.
- Step 3: Click on Link Heading “JIPMER MBBS ENTRANCE EXAMINATION 2023”.
- Step 4: Go to “HALL TICKET FOR JIPMER MBBS 2023”.
- Step 5: Now enter your USER ID and PASSWORD.
- Step 6: Click on LOGIN and your Hall Ticket (Admit card) will be opened.
- Step 7: Download it and Take a print
JIPMER Result 2023:
The result will be declared on the month of June 2023 after a week of the exam by online mode.
Steps to Download JIPMER Score Card:
- Step 1: Go to the official website of JIPMER www.jipmer.edu.in
- Step 2: Then Open the link “EXAMINATION”.
- Step 3: Go to the JIPMER MBBS ENTRANCE EXAMINATION.
- Step 4: Click Download Result.
- Step 5: Enter your JIPMER Login credentials namely User ID and Password.
- Step 6: Download and save it for future reference.
The JIPMER cut off marks for different categories are given below:
|Unreserved (UR) / NRI / OCI||50|
|Unreserved (UR) – OPH||45|
|SC / ST / OBC / -OPH||40|
A candidate who qualifies the exam they can register online for the counseling in the month of June. There will be a maximum of 3 rounds for the counseling.
- Step 1: Do your registration first.
- Step 2: Then Biometric Finger Print Verification.
- Step 3: Image/ Photo Verification
- Step 4: Certificate Verification
- Step 5: Counseling
- Step 6: Candidates can opt for JIPMER Puducherry (OR) JIPMER Karaikal (OR) May opt-out.
The Category-Wise Seat Distribution is Given Below:
|Category||JIPMER Puducherry / JIPMER Karaikal||Total|
|General (UR)||50 / 15||65|
|SC||16 / 6||22|
|ST||11 / 4||15|
|OBC||28 / 8||38|
|P – UR||23/7||30|
|P – OBC||11 / 5||16|
|P – SC||6/ 2||8|
|NRI / OCI||5 / 1||6|
Get the Latest Update Join Us on Telegram – Click Here