Eligibility Criteria: As we all know that the eligibility criteria are the most important part of the examination. After knowing the eligibility criteria, candidates can apply for the Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya. The candidates who wish to urge admission can get complete information about the JNVST Eligibility Criteria from this article.
Eligibility criteria for Class VI:
- Only candidates are eligible to apply for admission, who belong from the district where the Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya has been opened. However, in the district where the JNV is opened and is bifurcated at a later date, the old boundaries of the district are considered for eligibility for admission in the JNVs. This applies to cases where new Vidyalaya has not yet been started in the newly bifurcated district.
- The Age limit for the candidates who are seeking admission must be within the age group of 9 to 13 years. This age limit applies to candidates of all categories, including those who belong to the Scheduled Castes(SCs) and Scheduled Tribes (STs).
- Candidates appearing for the selection test must be studying in Class-V for the entire academic session in a Government/Government-Aided, other recognized school, or ‘B’ Certificate Competency Course of National Institute of Open Schooling, in the same district where he/she seeks admission.
- A school will be deemed to have been recognized if it is declared so by the Government or by any other agency authorized on behalf of the Government. Schools, where students have obtained a ‘B’ certificate under the National Institute of Open Schooling should have accreditation of NIOS. A candidate must complete Class-V. Actual admission in Class-VI will be subject to these conditions.
- The candidate who has not been promoted and admitted to Class-V before 30th September 2020 is not eligible to apply. No candidate is eligible to appear in the selection test for the second time, under any circumstances.
- A candidate claiming admission from rural quota must have studied and passed Classes- III, IV, and V from a Govt./Govt. Aided/recognized school spending one full academic session each year in a school located in a rural area.
- A candidate who has studied in a school located in an urban area even for a single day of a session in any of the Classes-III, IV or V, will be considered as an Urban area candidate. Urban areas are those, which are so notified in the 2011 Census or through a subsequent Government Notification. All other areas will be considered as rural.
- No separate reservation for transgender category candidates is provided and they will be included in the Boys category for reservation purpose, under various sub-categories such as Rural, Urban, SC, ST, and Divyang.
Eligibility criteria for Class IX:
- Candidates who have studied in Class-VIII in one of the Govt./Govt. recognized schools of the district where the JNV is functioning can seek admission in Class-IX.
- The Age limit of the candidates who are seeking admission must be between the age group 13-16 years on 1st May of the year of admission for which the Selection Test is conducted. This applies to all categories of candidates including those who belong to the Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes.
|Navodaya Vidyalaya Admission: Click here|
Eligibility for Admission in Class-XI:
- Candidates seeking admission in Class–XI should be within the age limit of 14-18 years as on 1st July, of the year of admission.
- The candidate must have passed Class–X from a recognized school (affiliated to CBSE or any other State Education Board) of the district where the JNV is located during the academic session of the year of admission.
- The merit list will be prepared as per marks obtained by the applicant in the Class–X Board Exam and the admission will be given as per eligibility of the candidate and the seats available in the JNV concerned.
Get the Latest Update Join Us on Telegram – Click Here