NID Entrance Exam: NID Entrance Exam is will be commenced by the National Institute of Design. This national level entrance examination commenced for enrolling the eligible candidates into several undergraduate and postgraduate courses provided by the institution. Those who are eligible will seek admission in the courses such as B.Des/ GDPD and M.Des based on the scores acquired in two phases– prelims and mains. There are important details related to the examination which candidates should get aware of before applying. Given below is the complete information about the examination:
- NID Application Form not released.
NID Admission Highlights:
|Name of the Examination:||National Institute of Design Entrance Exam|
|Exam Conducting Body:||National Institute of Design|
|Mode of Application Form:||Online|
|Types of Exam:||UG & PG Courses|
NID Exam Date:
|Events||B.Des Exam||M.Des Exam|
|NID Form Online Start to submit||January||January|
|Deadline to submit NID Registration||February||February|
|Application form submission with late fee||February||February|
|Correction date of application fee||February||February|
|DAT Prelims Admit Card available||March||March|
|NID Exam Date (DAT Prelims)||March||March|
|Result date declaration||April||April|
|Announced of Merit list||—||—|
|Counseling Date start from||—||—|
NID Application Form:
Find below the steps that help you NID Registration. Candidates can find below the NID Form Submit Date start and end:
- The NID Registration procedure has been started in January.
- The last date for registration will be until February.
- Go through all the details before you fill the application form.
- The application process includes registration, filling of the application form, upload of documents, and paying the application fee.
- If there are some mistakes in filling the application then make desirable changes or corrections in February. (go through the official website for seeking the correct date)
- Submit the application form and take a print out for further reference.
- Candidate can make payment via Demand Draft which they need to send the print out of the application form along with Demand Draft in favor of ‘All India Management Association’ which is payable at New Delhi at the address:
The Project Manager – CMS
All India Management Association
Management House, Link Road,
Lajpat Nagar Part 3, New Delhi 110024
NID Admission Fee:
- Make a payment of the NID Admission Application Fee via modes such as online mode or offline.
- You can make payment via credit/debit card and also via net banking.
- Those who are paying via offline mode can create the draft in the favour of ‘All India Management Association’ payable at New Delhi.
- Application fee varies from one category to another.
- For course such as B. Des/GGPDP, General /OBC category candidates can make payment of Rs 2000, SC/ST/PwD candidates will make payment of Rs 1000, Overseas Candidates will pay Rs 3000/-
- For M. Des course General /OBC category candidates need to pay Rs 2000 (discipline 1); 4000 (discipline 2). On the other hand, SC/ST/PD category candidates need to pay Rs 1000 (discipline 1); 2000 (discipline 2). If you are an overseas Candidates then pay Rs 3000 (discipline 1); 6000 (discipline 2)
- Those who are Indian and foreign nationals overseas can apply for the examination
- Those who are appearing in their qualifying exam can also apply for the exam but they need to submit proof of passing during admission.
- Age Limit for B.Des/GDPD candidates needs to be 20 years as of 30 June. Those who belong to ST/SC/OBC category will get 3 years of age relaxation; PwD category candidates will get an age relaxation of 5 years.
- Candidates who have completed 3 years of full-time diploma after their X approved by AICTE can also apply for the examination.
- If you are applying for M. Des Course then you must have done a degree of four years/Bachelor’s degree of three years in any stream/Full-time diploma of minimum 4 years of duration in applied arts/ design/ fine arts/ architecture after 12th is eligible to apply for the exam.
- The age Limit for M.Des candidates should be 30 years as of 30 June. Those who belong to the ST/SC/OBC category will get 3 years of age relaxation while PwD will get age relaxation of 5 years.
- If you are applying for B. Des/GDPD Course then you must have successfully cleared or appearing in class 12th in Science, Commerce, Arts streams, or equivalent from some recognized board/university to apply for the examination.
Find below the NID Entrance Exam Pattern for DAT Prelims & Mains Examination:
Exam Pattern for DAT Prelims:
- The Paper will consist of 100 marks.
- The exam will be conducted in the English language only.
- The exam will be commenced in offline mode.
- Questions will be objective and subjective type both.
- The candidate needs to complete the paper in 3 hours.
- There will be no negative marking.
For DAT Mains:
The exam will take place in two parts:
- Studio Test: DAT Mains Test will commence in various formats in English. This test will be for 100 marks and time duration will be 3 hours.
- The interview will commence for various disciplines after the studio test.
NID Entrance Exam Syllabus:
- The studio test syllabus will consist of topics like Body Language, Observation Test, 3D Modeling, Portfolio Making, Creative Thinking, etc.
- The syllabus for the written test will consist of so many questions from different topics such as Knowledge and Visualization, Creativity, Comprehension, Memory Drawing, Drawing Skills, General Mental Ability, etc.
NID Admit cards will be released on the official website. Candidates have to download and print their admit cards. Those who fail to receive the admit card for the entrance test are required to contact the NID Admission Cell. Download the admit cards in February or March.
NID Prelims Exam will be conducted in the following cities in India are:
- New Delhi
|NDA eBook For Current Affairs, Mathematics, etc – Buy Now|
|CDS Exam eBook with Solved Paper – Buy Now|
To get the answer key, make use of the official website. The answer key will be released a few days after the commencement of the examination. Check the answers and calculate the expected scores in the examination.
Use the official website for checking the examination result on the day allotted for the results. Candidates can check the result through online mode. There is no other mode to check the NID Result: