UPSC IES/ISS Exam 2024: Every year the UPSC conducts the Indian Economic Service (IES) and Indian Statistical Service (ISS) Exam. The IES and ISS is the administrative inter-ministerial civil service under Group A of the Central Civil Services of the executive branch of the Government of India. Given below are the details for the IES 2024 examination such as Application Form, Deadline to submit the registration, Exam Date, Syllabus, Exam Pattern, Eligibility Criteria, Admit Card & Result:
UPSC IES/ISS 2024 Notification:
- No official notification released right now for this exam.
UPSC IES/ISS Recruitment 2024: Highlights
|Name of Exam||Indian Economic Service/Indian Statistical Service (IES/ISS)|
|Conducting Body||Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)|
|Recruitment of the Year||2024-25|
|Frequency||Once a year|
|Total Vacancies||Indian Economic Service: 15
Indian Statistical Service: 11
|Minimum Eligibility||Post Graduation/Graduation|
|Application Mode||Online Mode|
|Mode of Exam||Offline Mode|
UPSC IES/ISS 2024 Exam Date:
|General Knowledge Online Quiz – Play Now|
|Notification Date Released||April 2024|
|Application Form Released||April 2024|
|Deadline to submit the Online Application Form||April 2024|
|Online Applications can be withdrawn||May 2024|
|Admit Card Released||—-|
|UPSC IES/ISS 2024 Exam Date||July 2024 (3 Days)|
IES/ISS Exam 2024 Application Form:
- Candidates are required to fill the application form which is available from the official website.
- Check the instructions before you fill the application form.
- Once you are through with filling in the personal and other details, scan the recent photograph as well as signature.
- Don’t forget to pay the application fee in any branch of SBI.
- Most importantly, take a printout of the application form and challan also for further reference.
- While filling the application form online, the candidate will automatically get the registration number and while filling the challan number and registration number, press enters to end the process.
UPSC IES 2024 Application Fee:
|Current Affairs Quiz – Play Now|
- The cost of the application fee will be Rs.200/- for General/OBC candidates.
- SC/ST/PH /female candidates are exempted from paying the application fee.
- Mode of payment can be a credit card, debit card, or internet banking
- You can also make payment via offline mode using e-challan through any branch of SBI.
For Latest Updates Follow Us on Instagram – Click Here
Steps to Apply for IES Application Form 2024:
- Visit the official website of UPSC i.e, upsc.gov.in
- Then enter your name, date of birth, email ID, mobile number, and other personal details.
- Now, pay the Registration Fee via online as well as offline mode
- Then fill the Application Form.
- Enter your category, communication details, work experience details, etc.
- Upload scanned images of passport size photograph, signature, and photo ID proof.
- The last step is to read the declaration and click on “I agree”.
- Click on Final Submit and download the filled-in form for future reference.
Find below the IES/ISS 2024 Eligibility Criteria steps. Before applying candidates need to read out the below steps:
A candidate must be either a Citizen of India, or a subject of Nepal, or a subject of Bhutan, or a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before January 1, 1962, intending to permanently settle in India, or a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka or East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, and Ethiopia or from Vietnam to permanently settle in India.
For Indian Economic Service (IES):
The candidates must have completed Post Graduate Degree in Economics/Applied Economics/Business Economics/Econometrics from a recognized university or a foreign university approved by the Central Government of India from time to time.
For Indian Statistical Service (ISS):
- The candidates must have a Bachelor’s Degree with Statistics/Mathematical Statistics/Applied Statistics as one of the subjects OR
- The candidates should hold a Master’s degree in Statistics/Mathematical Statistics/Applied Statistics from a recognized university or a foreign university approved by the Central Government of India from time to time.
The minimum age to attend the exam will be 21 years and the maximum age will be 30 years. Age Relaxation is given below as per the category of the candidate.
|SC/ ST||5 years|
|Domicile of Jammu & Kashmir||5 years|
|Defense Services Personnel disabled
in operations during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area
|Ex-servicemen including Commissioned Officers and ECO/SSCO||5 years|
UPSC IES ISS 2024 Exam Centre:
Candidates check the list of exam centers given in the table below.
The candidates will be selected through two stages of the Exam:
- Written Examination: 1000 marks
- Viva Voce (Interview): 200 marks of candidates who will be shortlisted by UPSC.
- UPSC IES ISS Written Exam will consist of 6 Papers.
- The questions papers in all the subjects will be of conventional (essay) type.
- The language of the paper will be English only.
- There will be a negative marking of 0.33 for the incorrect answer in the Objective Paper.
UPSC Indian Economic Service:
|General English||100||3 hrs|
|General Studies||100||3 hrs|
|General Economics-I||200||3 hrs|
|General Economics-II||200||3 hrs|
|General Economics-III||200||3 hrs|
|Indian Economics||200||3 hrs|
Indian Statistical Service
|General English||100||3 hrs|
|General Studies||100||3 hrs|
|Statistics-I (Objective)||200||2 hrs|
|Statistics-II (Objective)||200||2 hrs|
|Statistics-III (Descriptive)||200||3 hrs|
|Statistics-IV (Descriptive)||200||3 hrs|
The second stage of the exam will be an Interview or Viva Voce. The candidates who will clear the written test as per the cut-off set by the commission will be called for the Viva-voce.
UPSC IES 2024 Syllabus:
UPSC ISS Syllabus 2024:
- Download the admit card from the official website.
- The Admit Card will release 3 weeks before the Exam.
UPSC ISS 2024 Answer Key:
UPSC ISS 2024 Answer Key will be released online at the UPSC official website. To download UPSC ISS 2024 Answer, candidates have to visit the website and just download the answer key given in PDF format.
IES 2024 Result:
- The exam result will be declared through the website upsc.gov.in.
- Kindly enter your roll number to check the result.
- Upload the PDF file of the result on the official website by the UPSC.
Get the Latest Update Join Us on Telegram – Click Here