UPSC ESE/IES 2024: The Union Public Service Commission conducts the engineering services examination for the recruitment of various posts in engineering departments of the Ministry of Telecommunication and Information Technology, Central Public Works Department, Ministry of Railways, Geological Survey of India, Military Engineer Services, and many others. Candidates interested in applying need to fill out the application form online. The application form will be released in September 2023. To get complete details of the ESE Exam 2024, check the given article.
UPSC ESE 2024 Notification:
- UPSC IES 2024 Notification will be released on 6th September 2023.
IES 2024 Recruitment:
- Category I: Civil Engineering
- Category II: Mechanical Engineering
- Category III: Electrical Engineering
- Category IV: Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering
UPSC ESE/IES 2024: Highlights
|General Knowledge Online Quiz – Play Now|
|Exam Name||Indian Engineering Services/ Engineering Services Examination|
|Commonly Known as||IES|
|Conducting Authority||Union Public Service Commission|
|Frequency||Once a year|
|Application Mode||Online Mode|
|Exam Mode||Online Mode|
UPSC ESE 2024 Exam Date:
The dates for the UPSC ESE exam are provided below. Interested candidates can check the tentative schedule from the table:
|Announced date of IES Exam 2024 Notification:||6th September 2023|
|Application Form Released||6th September 2023|
|Deadline to submit Online Application Form||26th September 2023|
|Preliminary exam Admit Card Released||—|
|Preliminary Exam of ESE / IES2024 (Objective Paper):||18th February 2024|
|Admit Card released for Mains Exam:||—|
|Preliminary result date||—|
|Main Exam ESE /IES2024:||23rd June 2024 (1 Day)|
|Main exam date||—|
UPSC ESE/IES 2024 Application Form:
|Current Affairs Quiz – Play Now|
To apply for ESE 2024, fill out the application form. The application form will be released in online mode. First, go to the official website of UPSC, i.e., www.upsconline.nic.in. Now, click on the notifications and read the instructions carefully. As soon as you have checked the instructions, click ‘New Registration’. Make sure to enter all the crucial details asked for in the application form and upload the scanned documents mentioned in the application form. Most likely, submit the signature and latest photograph. Besides this, pay the application fee, and lastly, submit the duly filled-out application form. It is advised to take a printout of the application form for further use.
For Latest Updates Follow Us on Instagram – Click Here
ESE Application Fee:
All the candidates (except females, SC, ST, and PH, who are exempted from application fee payment) are required to pay a fee of Rs. 200 either by depositing the money in any branch of SBI via cash or by using the net banking facility of State Bank of India.
ESE Exam 2024 Eligibility Criteria:
The candidates are suggested to check their ESE Eligibility before applying for the exam. The ESE Eligibility criteria have been given in the following points:
- All the citizens of India are eligible to apply for the ESE 2024.
- Candidate must have done engineering/diploma from a recognized university or Institute.
- Candidates IES Age Limit 2024 must be 21 to 30 years.
- Candidates belonging to the reserved category will be offered relaxation in the upper age.
- The age relaxation in the upper age will be 3 years for OBC candidates and 5 years for the SC and ST candidates.
- Applying Candidates must be physically fit according to physical standards set by UPSC for the Engineering Services Examination, 2024.
UPSC ESE/IES 2024 Exam Pattern:
The ESE examination would be held in three stages. The details of the Exam Pattern has been given below:
- The first stage of the ESE examination is the Preliminary examination.
- The duration of the exam is of 2 hours.
- The Preliminary examination will be an objective-type paper with 2 sections.
- The total questions will be 500 marks of which 200 Marks are for Paper 1 and 300 marks for Paper-II.
- The second stage of the examination will be the Mains Exam.
- The ESE Mains 2024 will be a descriptive test of subjects having 2 question papers.
- The total marks for the Mains exam will be 600 of which, 300 marks are for each question paper.
- The Final Stage will be the Personality Test of 200 marks which must be qualified by the candidates.
Stage-I: Preliminary Examination (Objective Papers)
|PAPER-I||GENERAL STUDIES AND ENGINEERING APTITUDE||02 HOURS||200|
Stage-II: Mains Examination (Conventional Papers)
|TOTAL MARKS (MAINS)||600|
|TOTAL MARKS (MAINS + PRELIMS)||1100|
Stage-III: Personality Test
|STAGE-I+ STAGE-II+STAGE III||1300|
ESE / IES 2024 Syllabus:
Find below the IES Syllabus according to below topics candidates can prepare for IES Exam 2024 Examination:
- Engineering Mathematics and Numerical Analysis.
- Engineering Aptitude covering Logical reasoning and Analytical ability.
- Basics of Project Management.
- Basics of Engineering and Material Science.
- Quality practices and standards in Production, Construction Maintenance, and Services.
- Information and Communication Technologies based applications and their Tools in Engineering such as E-governance, Technology-based Education, Networking.
- Values and ethics in the profession of Engineers.
- Basics of Energy & Environment: Environment Pollution, Environment Impact Assessment, Conservation, Degradation, and Climate Change.
- Current topics of national and international importance related to economic, social, and industrial development.
- General Principles of Design, Drawing, and Importance of Safety.
UPSC ESE/IES 2024 Admit Card:
The UPSC IES 2024 Admit Card of pre and mains will be released separately. The admit card won’t be sent to any candidate through the post. Candidates can download it from the official site. The admit card will get released a few days before the examination. The candidates can download the admit card using the application number and password/date of birth. The candidate needs to carry the admit card along with them to the examination venue. Also, carry any ID proof along with you.
Centres of Engineering Services (Preliminary) Examination:
- PANAJI (GOA)
- KOCHI (COCHIN)
- PORT BLAIR
Centres for Engineering Services (Main) Examination:
- The IES 2024 Admit Card for Prelims and Mains will be released separately.
- The Engineering Services Examination admit card for the main exam will be released in May 2023.
- The admit card won’t be sent to the candidate through the post. A candidate has to download it from the official site.
- The candidates are requested to kindly read the guidelines before downloading the admit card.
- The admit card can be downloaded using the application number, password, and date of birth.
- A candidate without an admit card will not be allowed to attend the exam.
- Carry your ID proof along with you.
- UPSC IAS 2024 Application Form
- NDA 2024 Application Form
- UPSC CMS 2024 Application Form
- IFS 2024 Application Form
- UPSC CISF (AC) 2024
- UPSC GEO SCIENTIST 2024 Application Form
- UPSC CDS 2024 Application Form
- UPSC CAPF (AC) 2024 Application Form
- UPSC IES/ISS 2024
The ESE 2024 Result will be declared on the official website after the completion of each phase. Candidates need to visit the official website of UPSC to check the result. All the candidates can check their results by entering the roll number and password.
Get the Latest Update Join Us on Telegram – Click Here
3 thoughts on “UPSC ESE/IES 2024 Application Form, Exam Dates, Eligibility, Pattern, Syllabus”
I am studying b.tech 3rd year now..can I eligible for ESE 2021
Hello sir my dob is 19 Oct 1987 and my category as OBC is it eligible for 2021 ese
Please Provide ESE Syllabus InDetail In PDF Format …