NIIFT Mohali 2022: NIIFT or Northern India Institute of Fashion Technology (NIIFT) aims at providing admission to candidates in undergraduate and postgraduate design courses. NIIFT has its campuses situated in three prominent places of India-Mohali, Ludhiana, and Jalandhar. There are immense of important details to be checked before appearing for the exam.
Candidates who fulfill the eligibility criteria may appear in the exam. Check the details of the same below:
- Applicant must have successfully cleared class XII from some recognized central/state board.
- A candidate who appeared for the General Certificate Education (GCE) exam (London/Cambridge/Sri Lanka) at an advanced level may apply.
- Those who have cleared any public school/board/university exam in India or abroad recognized by the Association of Indian Universities may also apply.
- Those who have successfully cleared class XII exam with a minimum of five subjects commenced by National Open School.
- Applicant must hold a 3 or 4-year diploma recognized by the State Board of Technical Education or AICTE.
Important: 85% of seats will be reserved for the candidates from within the Punjab State whereas 15% will be open to candidates on An India basis.
Courses Offered through NIIFT Entrance Exam:
Check the list of various courses offered below:
Candidates who fulfill any of the below-mentioned parameters are eligible to appear for NIIFT entrance exam 2020 for admission in PG design courses.
Under Graduate Programs:
- BSc Fashion Design
- BSc Fashion Design (KNITS)
- BSc Textile Design
Post Graduate Programs:
- MSc Garment Manufacturing Technology
- MSc Fashion Marketing & Management
NIIFT Mohali 2022 Exam Date:
|Online registration start||March 2022|
|Deadline to submit the application form||May 2022|
|Admit Card Released||May 2022|
|NIIFT Mohali 2022 Exam Date||June 2022|
NIIFT Mohali 2022 Admission Process:
Apply for Entrance Exam: For entrance exam registrations, start with filling the application form using online or offline mode.
- Fill the application form available on the website using online mode.
- Take a printout of the duly-filled application form.
- Post the duly filled form at the address: The Manager CMS, All India Management Association, Management House, Lodhi Road, New Delhi-11000.
Buy the prospectus along with the entrance examination form from any of the campuses of the college or the selected branches of HDFC bank. Candidates can collect the application form by post submitting the entrance fee through DD drawn in favor of NIIFT Mohali and payable at Mohali. Send the duly-filled application forms at this address: The Director, NIIFT, Opposite DIC, Phase -1, Industrial Area Mohali, Punjab.
- General: Rs 1,200
- SC/ ST/ PH: Rs 300
- Foreign National/ NRI: USD $ 100
- General: Rs 1,750
- SC/ ST/ PH: Rs 440
- Foreign National/ NRI: USD $ 100
Paper will be divided into five sections:
- Quantitative ability
- Communication ability
- English comprehension
- Analytical ability
All the above given four sections will be consisted of 25 questions for 25 marks. Excluding Creative ability where the candidate will get questions for 25 marks.
For Latest Updates Follow Us on Instagram – Click Here
There is no specific syllabus to prepare from, however, the topics given below can be used for preparation:
- Quantitative ability
- Fractions percentages
- Work and tasks
- Ratio and proportion
- Speed and distance
- Profit and loss
- Communication ability:
- Words with corresponding meaning
- Fill in the blanks
- One word substitution
- Idioms and phrases
- Correct spellings
- Analog test
Appear for NIIFT Entrance Exam: Appear to the examination center on time to appear for the examination. Candidates will get three hours to appear in the examination. The paper will be comprises of 100 marks.
Situation Test: After appearing in the written test, candidates will appear for the situation test. This test generally conducted to evaluate the ability and skills of the given set of materials.
Interview Round: Those who are shortlisted in the situation test will next appear for the interview round. In the interview round, the candidate will be judged on the parameters such as General awareness, Design aptitude, Career orientation, Communication skills, Overall personality traits, Academic achievements and Co-curricular activities
Those who have successfully submitted the application form and paid the application fee will receive an admit card from the official website. Download the admit card through the website. Make sure to take a print of the admit card for further requirements. Also, note to affix the two latest attested photos. The admit card is compulsory to carry at the examination center. After receiving the admit card, quickly check the details mentioned in it.
- Candidates will get 3 hours to complete the paper.
- I mark will be granted for every correct answer.
- There will be no negative marking
- NIIFT entrance test for UG courses contains 60% weight, situation test 20% weight, and Interview round 20% weight
After the completion of all the rounds, the result will be announced on the official website. The admission will be done on the basis of merit. Results are easy to check by using login credentials.
Those who have their names on the merit list will appear for counseling session conducted at NIIFT Campus, Mohali. The schedule of the counseling for the final allotment of seats at NIIFT campuses will be displayed on the college website.
Documents required during counseling:
- Passing Certificates and Mark sheets of SSC and HSC
- Degree/Provisional degree and Mark sheets of each semester of the UG course (for PG courses).
- Caste and PwD certificate (if applicable).
- Certificate of Medical Fitness to be signed by a Registered Medical Practitioner.
- Valid certificates if seeking reservation under any category.
The entrance exam will be commenced in six different cities across India. Here is the list of Exam centers:
Get the Latest Update Join Us on Telegram – Click Here