SLIET SET is also popular as the Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering and Technology Entrance Exam. Sant Longowal Institute commences SLIET SET for providing admission to integrated Certificate-Diploma (ICD), SET IA – 2nd year into the Integrated Certificate-Diploma (ICD), SET III – For BE Lateral entry and SET V – For PhD. The exam is commenced in four phases – SET I/SET IA/SET III/SET V. The institute also offers 4 year BE, MTech, MBA & MSc courses. Admission will be provided to these courses on the basis of scores attained and centralized counselling. Those who successfully complete the paper will get the chance to appear in counselling process, document verification, and seat allotment. To know more about the SLIET SET 2022, check the information mentioned below:
SLIET SET 2022 Exam Highlights:
- Exam Name: SLIET SET (Sant Longowal Institute of Science & Technology SET)
- Exam Conducting Body: Sant Longowal Institute of Science & Technology
- Exam Level: Undergraduate
- Exam Frequency: Once a year
- Exam Mode: Offline
- Exam Duration: 150 minutes
- Language: English
- Exam Purpose: Admission to courses available at Sant Longowal Institute of Science & Technology
- Number of Test Cities: 64
- Official Website: http://www.sliet.net.in/
SLIET SET Application Form 2022:
Go to the official website and get the application form. Fill all the details carefully in the application form. It is important that you add the information such as Name, Valid Email ID, Mobile Number, Personal Details, Details of Qualifying Exam, address, Date of Birth, Exam centre of your choice, and Professional experience details (if applicable), etc. Incorrect information may lead to the form cancellation.
Reservation Of Seats:
- Scheduled Caste: 15%
- Scheduled tribe: 7.5%
- Other Backward Classes: 27%
- Physically Handicapped/EWS: 5%
Admission 2023 Open:
- Manipal Admission 2023 Open – Apply Now
Candidates need to submit the application fee in the following categories:
- General and Other Categories (Boys) will submit INR 1750
- General and Other Categories (Girls) will pay the amount INR 1250
- SC/ ST Categories (Boys and Girls) will submit INR 1000
SLIET SET 2022 Exam Date:
|Release date of application form||March|
|End to submit the application form||April|
|The final date of Receipt of the complete Application form||May|
|Admit Card Released||May|
|SLIET SET 2022 Exam Date||June|
|Result date announced||June|
|Online counselling Round 1||June|
|Online counselling Round 2||June|
SLIET SET Eligibility Criteria 2022:
The eligibility varies from one course to the other. For an instance, if the candidate is applying for BE Programme then the eligibility is to acquire with the relevant JEE Main score. The general eligibility is given below:
As per the seat reservation: There are two admission modes:
- Direct Entry seats
- Vertical Entry seats
The admission process via vertical entries is according to the admission policy designed by the Institute.
Seats to which reservations apply:
If the admission is accepted via vertical promotion from certificate course to diploma course and diploma course to BE (Lateral Entry), there will be no reservation for the categories such as SC / ST / OBC / PH. The admissions to the reserved category will be provided in the direct entry seats for admission to ICD/BE/Post-graduate/PhD programmes.
- SC: 15%
- ST: 7.5%
- PH: 3%
- OBC: 27%
Check this too:
- NRI/Foreign Nationals will be given admission under the DASA scheme for a few seats available under UG/PG programmes.
- There is no provision of a vertical promotion system for those who are seeking admission under the NRI Category.
- Students looking for admissions in 2nd year of ICD programme under the vertical promotion scheme of the institute via SET-IA will also not be considered for the higher module.
For Latest Updates Follow Us on Instagram – Click Here
SLIET SET Criteria:
- There is no age limit to apply for State Eligibility Test
- If you are applying for ICD 3 years, then you must have successfully cleared the class X exam or appeared for the exam.
- To apply for ICD (Lateral Entry), the candidate’s age should be 22-years and must be possessed with ITI/ Certificate/ 10+2 (Vocational) with two years recognized in the industrial experience
- To apply for B.E (4 years degree course), the applicant must have done JEE (Main)
- For B.E (Lateral entry), an applicant must have done a diploma course with at least 55% marks (50% for reserved categories). Those who are in their final year may also apply.
- To apply for M.Sc Program, it is mandatory to be possessed with a Bachelor’s Degree with at least 55% marks (50% in case of reserved categories) in the subject applying for.
- To apply for Ph.D. Program, an applicant must be possessed with Master’s Degree in Engineering, Technology, Science, Humanities, Management with at least 55% marks (50% for reserved categories) in the relevant disciplines.
- To opt for M. Tech Program, the candidate must have done B. Tech/ B.E/ B.Sc (Engg) with at least 60% marks (55% for reserved categories) in addition to the valid GATE score.
- For MBA Programme, the candidate must have done graduation with at least 55% marks (50% for reserved categories) with the relevant CAT/ CMAT score.
Those who have successfully filled the application form will avail the admit card from the official website. The admit card will be released a few days prior to the examination date. Download the admit card from the official website. After downloading the admit card, check the details mentioned in the admit card such as candidate’s name, exam centre, exam venue address, etc.
Check the exam pattern given below:
- The exam will be for the duration of two & a half hours.
- Exam will be for 150 marks.
- Paper will be consisted of Objective Type Questions
- There will be a deduction of 1/4th of the total marks for every incorrect answer.
- The exam will be conducted in the English language.
SLIET SET 2022 examination will be commenced in the following examination centers:
Amritsar, Gandhinagar, Jammu, Nagpur, Bangaluru, Gangtok, Kolkata, Patiala, Bathinda, Gorakhpur, Kurukshetra, Patna, Bhagalpur, Guwahati, Longowal, Ranchi, Bhopal, Hamirpur, Lucknow, Shillong, Chandigarh, Hissar, Ludhiana, Shimla, Chennai, Hyderabad, Mandi, Trivandrum, Darbhanga, Imphal, Meerut, Varanasi, Dehradun, Jaipur, Mumbai, Delhi, Jalandhar, and Muzaffarpur
Given below is the course wise syllabus:
- ICD (Integrated Certificate Diploma) Programme comprises of the syllabus from English, General Knowledge, Mental Aptitude, Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry
- B.E (4 year degree course) consisted of JEE (main) syllabus
- B.E (Lateral entry) comprises of syllabus from General Knowledge, Mental Aptitude, English, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, and Basics of Engineering.
- M. Tech Programme will be consisted of Admission for M. Tech is through GATE 2022 and the syllabus follows the GATE guidelines as well.
- MBA Programme admission will be based on the valid CAT/CMAT score.
- M. Sc Programme admission will be via CCMN 2022 and the syllabus follows the CCMN guidelines.
- Ph.D Programme comprises of syllabus of the stream in which the candidate has chosen the Ph.D programme.
To check SLIET SET 2022 result, go to the official website. Steps to download the scorecard:
- Download the scorecard from the official website
- Avail the Login using form number and password
- View/download scorecard
- Print the scorecard
- Based on the marks acquired in the entrance exam, a merit/rank list will be prepared by the concerned authorities.
- Those who get their names in the merit list will be called for counseling
Tie Breaker: In the situation where two or more candidates attain the same SLIET SET 2022 scores , will follow the tie-breaking based on the following aspects:
- Candidate in older will be given preference
- If tie fails to solve then candidate scored higher marks will be given preference.
- Online counselling will be commenced for all the programs (excluding MBA and Ph.D).
- For Ph.D. programs, offline counselling will be commenced and qualified candidates will appear personally for counselling and carry original documents along with them.
- Candidates will be provided with the provisional allotment of seats and then documents will be verified.
- The provisional seats allotment will be cancelled if the candidate fails to bring documents for verification and submit the fee.
- If is compulsory to participate in counseling
Get the Latest Update Join Us on Telegram – Click Here