UCEED 2021: UCEED is a computer-based national level designing entrance exam for undergraduates conducted by IIT Bombay. Undergraduates Common Entrance Examination for Design (UCEED) was established in 1969 at Mumbai, Maharashtra, India and it works under the guidance of the UCEED-CEED Implementation Committee. It is conducted once a year to admit eligible candidates in different Bachelor of Design (B Des) courses mainly in various IIT colleges and many other colleges accepting UCEED scores. There is a total of 18 colleges in India that accept the score of the UCEED exam for the admission of students in the B Des course. Last year a total of 12,414 candidates had appeared for the UCEED exam out of which only 2,930 candidates could qualify for the exam which eventually proves that the level of question paper is really quite high.
UCEED 2021 Notification:
- UCEED 2021 Admit Card has been released on 1st January 2021.
- The last date to apply for UPCEED 2021 has been extended to 10th November 2020.
- The last date to apply for the application will be 12th November 2020 with a late fee.
- The Application Form for UCEED 2021 has been released on 9th September 2020.
UCEED 2021: Highlights
|NDA eBook For Current Affairs, Mathematics, etc – Buy Now|
|Exam Name||UCEED 2021|
|Full-Form||Undergraduate Common Entrance Exam for Design|
|Exam Types||UG Level (Undergraduate)|
|Exam Level||National Level|
|Application Mode||Online mode|
|Exam Mode||Online mode|
|Exam Date||17th January 2021|
|Helpline||Tel: 91 22 2576 4063 / 9093 / 9094
|Email Id||[email protected]|
UCEED 2021 Exam Date
Admission Open 2021
|VIT-AP UG Application Form-2021 – Apply Now|
|NIIT University 2021 Admissions Open – Apply Now|
|LPU NEST 2021 Admissions Open – Apply Now|
|Events||Dates of Exam|
|Application form available||9th September 2020|
|Last date to submit the Application form without late fee (Extended)||10th November 2020|
|Application form last date to submit with late fee (Extended)||12th November 2020|
|Admit Card||1st January 2021|
|UCEED Exam Date 2021||17th January 2021|
|Answer Key Release date||21st January 2021|
|Last date for sending comments about Draft Answer Key||24th January 2021|
|Result Date Announcement||10th March 2021|
|Application for B. Des programme||11th- 31st March 2021|
|1st round seat allotment||10th April 2021|
|2nd round seat allotment||10th May 2021|
|3rd round seat allotment||10th June 2021|
UCEED 2021 Application Form:
The interested candidates have to fill the application form online through the official website http://www.uceed.iitb.ac.in/. UCEED 2021 exam application forms have been available from 9th September 2020 with a regular fee till the 17th of October 2020.
All the applicants have to pay an application fee. The application fee for all the general and OBC category candidates is Rs.3000 and for SC/ST/PWD and the female candidates application fee is Rs.1500. If the candidate is unable to pay the registration fee within the given time limit then they will have to pay the application fee (as mentioned above) + late fee (Rs.500) till October 2020.
The candidate has to pay the application fee online through credit card, debit card, or net banking. Candidates have to upload a scanned image of their full signature with a white background, qualifying examination certificate if appeared in 2021 or before, date of birth proof such as a birth certificate or passport.
|UCEED 2021 Information Brochure: Click here
UCEED 2021 Application Form: Click here
Steps to Apply for UCEED 2021:
- Visit the official website of UCEED.
- Then click on “Register” and fill the personal details such as name, email ID, phone number, etc.
- Now you will receive mail & SMS on your registered ID and no.
- Click on the link given & login using login credentials.
- After that, fill all other asked & required details such as qualification details, address, etc.
- Upload passport size photograph, signature, and other documents.
- Verify the given details. After verification, proceed to submit the application fee.
- Once the fee will get submitted, click on the “submit” option.
- Now the confirmation page will appear on your computer screen.
- Take the printout of your confirmation page.
UCEED 2021 Eligibility Criteria:
Find below the UCEED 2021 Eligibility Criteria candidates also find here what qualification need in this course:
- Candidates who had appeared in their 12th exam for the first time in 2020 are not eligible for giving UCEED 2021.
- The Candidates who have completed their class 12th or equivalent examination in 2020 or the candidates appearing for the class 12th exam in 2021 are eligible for giving UCEED 2021 entrance exam.
- Candidates from all the streams such as science, commerce, arts, and humanities are eligible for giving this exam.
- The maximum number of attempts for this exam is two times and that too in consecutive years.
Age limit: Candidates belonging to the general/open or OBC/NCL category should be born on or after 1st October 1995 whereas the candidates belonging to SC/ST/PWD category should be born on or after 1st October 1990.
- The medium of question paper will be English and the duration is 3 hours.
- The question paper is of a total of 300 marks.
- The question paper comprises 2 parts: Part A and Part B.
- Part A is of 240 marks and Part B is of 60 marks. Part A consists of 3 sections: In section 1 numerical answer questions (NAQ) are asked, in section 2 multiple select questions (MSQ) are asked and in section 3 again MSQ are asked.
- The total number of questions in sections 1 and 2 will be 18, for every correct answer candidate will score 4 marks and for every incorrect answer, 0.19 will be deducted from section 2 whereas for section 1 there will be no negative marking.
- The total number of questions in section 3 will be 32, for every correct answer 3 marks will be given, and for every incorrect answer, 0.71 will be deducted.
- Part B is a drawing section for which the question is shown on the screen and the candidate has to answer/draw on the answer booklet which will be collected by the examiners for evaluation.
- Part B will consist of only 1 question, in case of correct answer candidate will get 60 marks and in case of the wrong answer, the candidate will get 0 marks.
Distribution of questions and marks for UCEED 2021 Exam:
|Section||No. of Questions||Question Numbers||Marks if correct||Marks if wrong||Marks if not attempted||Total marks|
|GK Book for All Competitive Exams – Buy Now|
|N0. of Questions||Question Numbers||Marks if correct||Marks if wrong||Marks if not attempted||Total marks|
|Total (Part A & Part B combined): 300 marks|
UCEED 2021 Syllabus:
UCEED 2021 exam consists of questions in the paper will be from various topics – Visualization and Spatial ability, Observation & Design sensitivity, Environmental and Social Awareness, Language and creativity, Analytical and logical reasoning, and Design thinking and problem-solving. The Syllabus details in brief for Part A and B for the topics mentioned below:
- Visualization and Spatial Ability: Diagrammatic questions & pictorial questions to test, understanding of transformation and/or manipulation of 3D objects and 2D shapes and their spatial relationships, knowledge of practical and everyday mechanical and scientific concepts.
- Observation and Design Sensitivity: The candidate’s ability to detect concealed properties in ordinary things, situations, and thinking critically about them, people and events will be checked. Also through this section, the candidate’s ability to discern subtle differences in visual properties & aesthetic outcomes will be seen.
- Environmental and Social Awareness: Awareness of social and cultural connection with the design, history of the designed artifact, and socially responsible, sculpture, history of art and literature. General awareness of environmental factors such as climate, water, population, vegetation, etc.
- Analytical & Logical Reasoning: The candidate’s ability to look at information, be it qualitative or quantitative in nature, and discern patterns within the information will be checked.
- Language and Creativity: Student’s ability to think creatively in terms of alternatives, ability to understand and use Standard English, ability to distinguish innovative options and think out of the box, reading comprehension, knowledge of English grammar will be seen in this section.
- Design thinking and problem: In this section, the ability to use metaphors, visual analogies, ability to understand complexity, signs, and symbols, identify the problem, evaluate options and select solutions generate alternatives will be checked, etc.
- Drawing: Ability to draw people, scenes, or products, in proportion with good line quality perspective composition, proportion, and shading.
UCEED Admit Card:
|Admission Enquiry Form – Apply Now|
UCEED 2021 entrance exam will be held on 17th January 2021. Candidates can download their UCEED 2021 admit card from 1st January 2021. Candidates are strongly prohibited to use any electronic device in the examination hall such as smartphones, digital/ smart watches, calculators, tablets. Materials such as the abacus, slide rule, logbooks, geometry box, or study material of any type are not allowed in the examination hall.
Note: Only the candidates from the science stream (PCM) are eligible to apply for admission to IIT Bombay, IIT Guwahati, IIT Hyderabad, and IITDM Jabalpur. Candidates from other fields like commerce or arts can apply only to IIT Bombay and IITDM Jabalpur.
Steps to Download UCEED 2021 Admit Card:
- Visit the official website of UCEED 2021.
- On the homepage, a link for Admit will be available.
- Then a login page will be opened on the screen.
- Fill your “Email ID” & “Password”.
- Click on the “Login” button.
- The admit card will be displayed on the computer screen.
- Take the printout of it and keep it safe till the admission process is over.
The Result for UCEED 2021 exam will be declared by IIT Bombay on 10th March 2021. Candidates can check their result only through online mode. The authority will publish the merit list which will indicate the candidate’s rank obtained in the exam. Also, Candidates through the merit list will get to know their qualifying status.