CLAT 2021: Common Law Admission Test or CLAT is a national-level examination organized for the candidates who are interested to seek admission in the courses of integrated law at UG and PG levels. This entrance exam commenced on rotation via 17 different National Law Universities or NLUs of India. Last year, Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab managed the exam. Get brief information such as CLAT 2021 Application Form, Exam Dates, Eligibility, Paper Pattern, Result, and Admit Card here:
CLAT 2021 Notifications:
- 14th July 2021: CLAT 2021 Admit Card has been released. Click here to download the Admit Card.
CLAT 2021 Exam Overview:
|NDA eBook For Current Affairs, Mathematics, etc – Buy Now|
|Name of Exam||CLAT 2021|
|Full-Form||Common-Law Admission Test|
|Conducted By||NUSRL, Ranchi|
|Exam Level||National Level|
|Category||Law Entrance Exams|
|Total seats||Around 2500 for UG and 720 for postgraduate (NLUs only)|
|Courses offered||BSW LLB, BA LLB, BBA LLB, B.Sc LLB, B.Com LLB & LLM|
|Official Website||http://www.clat.ac.in/ OR https://consortiumofnlus.ac.in/|
|Contact Number||09446899010, 09446899050|
CLAT 2021 Exam Dates:
Admission Open 2021
|VIT-AP UG Application Form-2021 – Apply Now|
|NIIT University 2021 Admissions Open – Apply Now|
|LPU NEST 2021 Admissions Open – Apply Now|
For more details about the CLAT 2021 Exam Dates & Schedule. Candidates can check here all details about the exam:
|The date for issuing the first admission notification:||1st January 2021|
|The beginning of the availability of the online application:||1st January 2021|
|Last date to submit the filled-in online application form:||15th June 2021|
|Availability of the Admit Card:||13th July 2021|
|Date for the Entrance Exam:||23rd July 2021|
|Availability of the Answer Key:||May 2021|
|Result date declaration:||June 2021|
|Date for Merit List:||June 2021|
|Starting for the Counselling:||June 2021|
CLAT 2021 Application Form:
The CLAT 2021 Application Form is provided through the online mode from the official portal. The application is provided in the first week of January 2021. Make sure for scanning the documents such as the photograph, SC/ST/SAP certificate (if applicable), signature, and domicile certificate (if applicable) before filling the application form. Also, submit the form on time otherwise it will be considered non-applicable. Thus, the last date will be March 2021 (tentative). Ensure for sending the application form via offline mode as online is the valid mode to send the form. There is no need to send the application form through an offline process.
Application Fee: Candidates, those who belong to the category such as UR/OBC/SAP need to submit Rs. 4,000 as an application form fee while it is Rs. 3,500 for those who belong to SC/ST category. Pay the amount for the application form via challan or through online mode. There may be additional charges for the transitions. The fee won’t be refunded.
Steps to Apply for CLAT 2021 Application Form:
- Go to the official website of CLAT 2021.
- Then click on the ‘new registration’ link.
- Register yourself by providing basic details i.e. name, mobile number mail ID, etc.
- The login credentials will be sent to your registered mobile number or mail.
- Now login using your login credentials i.e. mobile number and password.
- Then select the course for which you are applying i.e. UG or PG.
- Now fill the Application Form with details such as education, personal, and other details.
- Upload documents i.e. photograph, signature, and other required certificates.
- Now click on the ‘next’ button.
- Click on the ‘make payment’ and submit the application form.
- Check all details and verify it.
- Now click on the ‘submit’ button.
- Take the printout of the completely filled in application form.
CLAT 2021 Application Form: Apply here
CLAT Eligibility Criteria:
Candidates can check the below-given eligibility & criteria for the CLAT exam. Here an applicant check CLAT 2021 Eligibility Criteria for the UG and PG programmes:
For UG Programmes:
- Those who are looking to apply for UG programmes need to have passed 10+2 or equivalent with at least 45% marks if belong to the Unreserved/OBC/SAP categories or least need to have attained 40% belong to the SC/ST category.
- Those who are appearing for the 10+2 or equivalent exam can also apply for the examination.
- Also, ensure that candidates show the passing qualifying application at the time of admission procedure
- Age limit is not a criterion to worry about.
|GK Book for All Competitive Exams – Buy Now|
For PG Programmes:
- Those who have passed with the LL.B. or equivalent degree with at least 55% marks in the categories such as Unreserved/OBC/SAP can fill the application form and 50% marks is for those belonging to the categories like SC and ST
- Those who are applying in the examination an also apply for CLAT 2021
- Candidates are required to show proof of the qualifying examination during the time of admission.
- Age limit is not the criteria to worry about.
CLAT 2021 is a purely computer-based examination. Thus, it is done via online mode which is done in the English medium. There will different exam pattern for PG and UG based examination.
The examination in the UG level will be 200 marks overall. For every correct answer, 1 mark will be given and there will be a deduction of 0.25 marks for every incorrect answer. The exam duration is 2 hours.
Marks Criteria for UG programme:
- English Comprehension for 40 Marks
- General Knowledge and Current Affairs for 50 Marks
- Elementary Mathematics including Numerical Ability for 20 Marks
- Legal Aptitude for 50 Marks
- Logical Reasoning for 40 Marks
For PG programmes:
The examination in the PG level will be 150 marks overall. For every correct answer, 1 mark will be given and there will be a deduction of 0.25 marks for every incorrect answer.
Marks Criteria for PG programme:
- Constitutional Law for 50 Marks
- Jurisprudence for 50 Marks
- Other Subjects like Contract, Torts, International Law, Criminal Law, IPR, etc. for 50 Marks
CLAT Syllabus includes 6 sections – English (including comprehension), General Knowledge & Current Affairs, Mathematics, Legal Aptitude, and Logical Reasoning.
|English (including Comprehension)||Antonyms, Synonyms, Analogies, Word Rearrangement, Cloze Test, Spotting Errors, Spelling Errors, Reading Comprehension, Idioms & Phrases, Sentence Rearrangement, Sentence Improvement, One Word Substitution, Fill in the blanks|
|Numerical Ability (Elementary Maths)||Percentage, Partnerships, Discounts, Areas, and Volumes, Simplification & Approximation, Averages, Ratio, HCF & LCM, Surds & Indices, Proportion, Interest, Fractions & Decimals, Square Roots, Number Systems, Profit & Loss|
|General Knowledge & Current Affairs||Static GK, current happenings, Books, Authors Science & Technology, Persons and Places, Sports, Economics|
|Logical Reasoning||Distance and Direction, Coding-Decoding, Ranking, Syllogism, Series, Number Test, analogy, Statement & Assumption/ Argument/ Conclusion/ Course of action, Time & Sequence, Blood Relations, Alphabet Test, Classification|
|Legal Aptitude||Important Supreme Court Judgments; The Important and recent acts and amendments of the legislature; Important topics from Contract law, Criminal law, tort law and Constitutional law; Legal GK and current affairs; International treaties and conventions affecting national legal framework, etc.|
|Admission Enquiry Form – Apply Now|
Download the admit card using the online mode from the official website. There will be the availability of the admit card from April month during the third week. There will not be the availability of the admit card via any of the modes such as e-mail or post. Make sure for carrying the admit card along with you during the time of examination as it is the mandatory document for the candidates. Also, avail with the documents such as Aadhar card/ Passport/ voter id/ Driving license.
The final outcome of CLAT 2021 will be announced in the third week of May 2021. The result needs to be acquired through the official portal. Post announcement of the result, the merit list will have appeared soon in the first week of June 2021.