IIST Eligibility Criteria: IIST stands for the Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology is the govt-aided institute that proffers so many programmes under various levels. These levels include undergraduate, postgraduate and lastly doctorate into various areas which are extremely important for the application, space and technology. The admission to the UG and dual degree courses entirely based on the JEE advanced rank. For seeking admission to the course, one is provided with the complete IIST Eligibility Criteria so that so queries left later.
Age Eligibility for IIST UG level Courses:
Those who belong to the General, as well as OBC category, must have taken birth on or after Oct 01, 1992. On the other side, those who belong to SC, ST, and PWD categories must have born on or later Oct 01, 1987. This age criterion is based on the Date of Birth attained in the High School, Board, or some equivalent
Age Eligibility for PG level Courses:
Those who are applying for PG courses must have attained 28 years of age as of May. However, there is a proviso for age relaxation for those who belong to SC, ST, and PWD category according to the government of India
Admission 2023 Open:
- Manipal Admission 2023 Open – Apply Now
Age Eligibility for Ph.D. Courses:
In this category, the candidate must be 28 years old as of December. However, age relaxation is followed here as well according to the government Rules
IISTEligibility & Minimum Qualification for UG:
Those who are desperate to seek admission to the IISTEligibility for UG curse need to have completed class XII or some equivalent exam with at least 75% aggregate percentage. This percentage is for General category candidates. For SC/PWD/ST categories, the percentage must be 65% in aggregate.
Candidates must have completed XII with subjects such as Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, a language (if an applicant has taken more than 1 language, then at that point in time, the language with higher marks will be considered). In case of any other subject, excluding Maths, language, Chemistry, and Physics, the subject with the highest marks will be taken into consideration
It is also mandatory for candidates to attain the minimum mentioned below category-wise marks in JEE (Advanced)-2016:
- General category Candidates: Candidate must have attained 20% marks in aggregate and 5% marks in each of three subjects such as Physics, Maths, and Chemistry
- OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) category Candidates: Candidate must have attained 18% marks in aggregate and 4.5% marks in each of three subjects such as Physics, Maths, and Chemistry
- SC/ST/PWD category Candidates: Candidate must have acquired10% marks in aggregate and 2.5% marks in each of the three subjects such as Physics, Maths, and Chemistry
Qualification for PG courses:
Those who are applying for PG level courses need to have pass B.Tech/ BE//M.Sc/M.S. or some equivalent degree in first class with at least 60% marks or CGPA 6.5 out of 10. The applicable course need to be applicable in the JEST/ GATE/ UGC NET in the relevant area for which the candidate is applying
For Latest Updates Follow Us on Instagram – Click Here
Qualification for Ph.D. Courses:
- If applying for IIST Ph.D. level then the candidate must have acquired a Master’s degree in Engineering/Technology. On the basis of the scores in GATE, a candidate must have attained the degree of Post Graduation. However, candidates with Integrated Master’s degree or some dual degree in Technology or Engineering from IISC and IIT with at least CGPA 9.0/10 will be taken into consideration without GATE
- Candidate must have attained a Master’s degree in Science in the apt area with first-class or say equivalent in Master’s level. It is also important to pass CSIR NET-JRF/ UGC/ JEST (or) GATE in the art areas.
- Those who have acquired a graduation degree in Technology and Engineering with an ace academic record can apply for IIST Ph.D. courses. In fact, they will get direct admission to the Ph.D. programmes. It is important that such applicants must have attained CGPA of 9.0/10 or some better GATE score of 675 or B. Tech/B.E. from IITs with CGPA better than 9.0/10 do not need GATE.
Get the Latest Update Join Us on Telegram – Click Here