IIT JAM 2022 is another competitive examination that will open a gateway for many aspirants. This specific examination will be commenced by IIT Kanpur from the Ministry of Human Resources Development (MHRD). The national level exam will be organized for offering admission into courses such as M.Sc. (Two Years), Masters in Economics (Two Years), Joint M.Sc.-Ph.D., M.Sc.-Ph.D. Dual Degree, and other Post-Bachelor’s Degree Programmes at different IITs and Integrated Ph.D. Programmes at the IISc. For your ease, all the exam related details are mentioned below:
IIT JAM 2022 Notification:
- 21st March 2022: IIT JAM 2022 Result has been released on 17th March 2022.
- JAM 2022 Highlights
- IIT JAM 2022 Exam Date
- IIT JAM 2022 Application Form
- JAM 2022 Eligibility Criteria
- IIT JAM 2022 Exam Pattern
- JAM Syllabus 2022
- Admit Card
- Answer Key
- JAM 2022 Result
Admission Open 2023:
- IIAD Admission 2023 – Apply Now
IIT JAM 2022: Highlights
|Name of the Exam||JAM – Joint Admission Test for M.Sc.|
|Conducting Body||IISc, Bangalore|
|Level of Examination||All India Level Examination|
|Type of Exam||Postgraduate Examination|
|Courses Offered||Post-Bachelor’s Degree Courses|
|Application Mode||Online Mode|
|Exam Mode||Online (CBT)|
|Contact Number||0512-259 0151|
|Email Address||[email protected]|
IIT JAM 2022 Exam Date:
|Start the Online registration form:||25th August 2021|
|The deadline to submit the Application form||14th October 2021|
|Registered candidates whose payment is not reflecting in the application are advised to make the payment by||17th October 2021|
|Application Correction Process||20th October 2021|
|Admit Card Download||16th January 2022|
|Mock Test Available||To be announced|
|IIT JAM 2022 Exam Date||13th February 2022|
|Candidates Response||To be announced|
|Answer Key date Release||To be announced|
|Result date Declaration||17th March 2022|
|Rank & Merit List will be announced||To be announced|
|Date of Score Card Release||To be announced|
|Admission Form Availability||To be announced|
|Last Date to request for change of category||To be announced|
|First List of Admission Declaration||To be announced|
IIT JAM 2022 Application Form:
The JAM 2022 Application Form is the foremost crucial thing that every candidate should be ready with so that it would be easy to apply for the exam.
- Fill the application form via online mode and ensure to collect it prior to the month of October.
- Register for the examination by using details like name, email address, contact number, and password.
- Application form details comprise of the following processes-online registration, image upload, payment of application fee, and print of the application form.
- Upload the signature, recent photo, and documents such as category certificates, etc.
- After registration gets over successfully, the user password and user ID will be sent via email
- The enrolment ID will also be provided using the candidate’s mobile number.
- Candidates can appear for one paper or two papers.
- Make sure to go through the application status once you submit the application form.
For Latest Updates Follow Us on Instagram – Click Here
- In addition, to submit the application form, it is equally important for any candidate who is applying for IIT JAM 2022 to make payment for the application form. You can pay the amount using modes such as credit card, debit card, or net banking, etc.
- If there is a situation where the application fee amount has debited the account but JOAPS failed to acknowledge then the money will be sent back to your account. Fee details are as follows:
- Female candidates of all categories and candidates belonging to the SC/ST/PWD category will pay Rs 750/- for the paper I and Rs 1050/- for paper II.
- Those who belong to General, OBC, and other categories are required to make payment of Rs. 1500/- for the paper I and Rs. 2100/- for paper II.
|Group/ Category||Application Fee|
|One test paper||Two test paper|
|Female (All Categories)/ SC/ ST/ PwD||Rs.750/-||Rs.1050/-|
|IIT JAM 2022 Application Form||Click here|
|IIT JAM 2022 Admission Procedure||Click here|
|GATE 2022||Click here|
- The candidate must be of Indian origin or Foreign.
- Candidate must have completed graduation from some recognized board or university.
- The Candidate of the general category must have attained at least 55% marks in the qualifying exam and SC/ST/PWD candidates must have attained 50% marks.
- There will be no specific age criteria to apply for IIT JAM 2022.
- Those who are appearing in their last year’s degree programme are also applicable to apply but on the condition that they need to submit passing proof of the qualifying examination during verification of document.
IIT JAM 2022 Exam Pattern:
- The exam will be commenced through online mode.
- The exam duration will be 3 hours.
- The total number of questions will be 60.
- Questions will be both multiple-choice and Numerical answer types.
- Overall 7 papers will be organized for the examination.
- The question paper will be of 100 marks.
- There will be negative marking will be only for section I.
|Sections||No. of Questions||Questions Types||Total Marks|
|Section A||30||Multiple-choice questions||50|
|Section B||10||Multiple select questions||20|
|Section C||20||Numerical answer type questions||30|
JAM 2022 Syllabus:
Exam syllabus includes the following topics and chapters from various subjects such as biotechnology, biological science, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics, Geology, etc. The exam syllabus is completely based on the topics covered at the graduation level.
JAM Subject Wise Topics are as follows:
Geology: This section includes questions from topics such as planet earth, structural geology, geomorphology, paleontology, petrology, stratigraphy, economic geology, applied geology, and mineralogy, etc.
Mathematics Statics: This section includes questions from topics such as integral calculus, matrix, differential calculus, sequence and series, probability, joint distributions, sampling distributions, random variables, estimation, limit theorem, testing of hypothesis, etc.
Chemistry: This section comprises of mathematical concepts, solid-state, chemical thermodynamics, a theory of gases, electrochemistry, spectroscopy, the basic concept of organic chemistry, adsorption, organic reaction mechanism, natural products chemistry, aromatic and heterocyclic chemistry periodic table, main group elements, chemical bonding and shapes, bioinorganic chemistry, analytical chemistry, etc.
Biotechnology: The question includes topics like biochemistry, General biology, and physiology, basic biotechnology, etc.
Mathematics: This section comprises topics such as integral calculation, differential calculus, function and one variable, linear algebra, vector calculus, real analysis, group theory and sequence and series, and real number tec.
Physics: This section includes questions from topics such as mechanics and general properties of matter, oscillation waves and optics, thermodynamics, modern physics, mathematical methods, kinetics theory, electricity and mechanism, solid-state physics, devices, electronics & modern physics.
IIT JAM 2022 Syllabus in detail:
The candidate will receive the admit card from the exam conducting authority a few days prior to the exam date via online mode. This card includes details like examination date, time, venue, roll number, etc. You must carry the admit card along with you on the day of the exam.
Steps to Download Admit Card:
- Visit the Official website of IIT JAM 2022.
- On the homepage, the link of the Admit card will be available there.
- Then enter the login credentials like Enrolment ID/Email ID and password.
- After submitting the details, the admit card will be displayed in PDF format.
- Download the Admit card and take the printout of it.
IIT JAM Final Answer key 2022 will release in March 2022. The candidates will get the answer key online mode. They can download the answer by entering their Login Credentials.
Steps to Download the Answer key:
- First, visit the official website of JAM.
- Then click on the link on the website.
- Then the screen will display the login page.
- After login, the screen will display the answer key screen.
- It will be in PDF form and download.
To get an exam result, ensure to make use of online mode. On the fixed date, you will be getting an examination result.
Steps To Download IIT JAM Result 2022:
- Visit the official site @ www.jam.iitk.ac.in.
- Then the “Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur” home page will be opened on the screen.
- At the top of the page click on the Examinations section.
- Then in the Examinations section Check on the “Results”.
- After that, the Rank and Merit List Section will be opened.
- Then check for IIT JAM Result 2022.
- Now enter your login details.
- Click on the submit button.
- Check & download the Result along with the Merit list.
IIT JAM Score Card:
- The Score Card will be available for download from the official website @ jam.iitk.ac.in from 31st March to 31st July 2022.
- The scorecard shows the All India Ranks and the marks obtained by the candidates.
IIT JAM Tie-Breaking:
- The tie-breaking criterion for awarding the ranks to candidates scoring the same aggregate marks in a test paper will be as follows:
- The candidate with a higher ratio of positive marks to negative marks will be given a higher rank. If this criterion fails to break ties, the concerned candidates will be awarded the same rank.
JAM Counselling 2022:
IIT JAM counseling 2022 will start after the Result declaration. The candidates who will qualify in the exam are called for counseling. The first admission list will be available in July 2022. The admission form will be available online mode through the website.
Candidates have to fill the admission form of IIT Jam 2022 from April to May 2022 to participate in the counseling. The admission fee will be Rs. 600/-
The original documents with photocopies needs at the time of admission are given below:
- 10th and 12th mark sheet/certificate.
- Category certificate.
- Graduation degree.
- Caste certificate.
- Transfer certificate.
- Passport size photographs (2).
- Any ID proof.
Get the Latest Update Join Us on Telegram – Click Here