GATE 2022 stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. It is a national level PG Engineering entrance exam which is commenced by the Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, and seven other Indian Institute of Technology (IITs). Through this exam, candidates get admission in Masters and Doctoral Programs. There is immense information that should reach you for better convenience, given below is the complete list:
GATE 2022 Notification:
- 22nd March 2022: The GATE 2022 Score Card has been released on the official website.
- GATE 2022 Highlights
- GATE Exam Date 2022
- GATE 2022 Application Form
- Eligibility Criteria
- Exam Pattern
- Admit Card
- Answer Key
- Score Card
- Preparation Tips
Gate 2022: Highlights
|Exam Name||GATE 2022|
|Full-Form||Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering|
|Conducting Body||IIT Bombay|
|Administered By||Jointly by IISc Bangalore and Seven IITs|
|Purpose of Examination||Qualifying Examination for M.E./M.Tech/Ph.D admissions and PSU Recruitment|
|Frequency of Examination||Annual|
|Total Number of Exam Cities||195 (excluding 6 international centers)|
|Number of GATE Papers||29 (2 New Papers)
Marine Engineering & Naval Architecture (NM) and Geomatics Engineering (GE)
|Validity of GATE Score/Grade||3 Years|
|Mode of Examination||Computer-Based Mode|
|Application Release Date||2nd September 2021|
|Last Date||30th September 2021|
|Exam Date||5th, 6th, 12th, and 13th February 2022|
GATE 2022 Exam Date:
Find below the GATE Exam Date related information such as Application form submit date, GATE 2022 Last Date, Admit Card Download, etc:
|Process the submit Online Application Form||2nd September 2021|
|Last Date of Registration||30th September 2021|
|Last date for submission of Application form with additional (late fee)||7th October 2021|
|Display of defects in the application form||26th October 2021|
|Application Correction started||1st November 2021|
|Last date to change the GATE exam paper, category, and city||15th November 2021|
|Release of GATE mock test||22nd November 2021|
|Admit Card Release Date||15th January 2022|
|GATE 2022 Exam Date||5th, 6th, 12th, and 13th February 2022|
|Release of GATE response sheets||To be announced|
|Availability of GATE 2022 question paper||To be announced|
|GATE answer key release date||To be announced|
|Challenging of answer key||To be announced|
|Release of Final Answer Key||To be announced|
|Result Date Announcement||17th march 2022|
|Availability of scorecard||22nd March 2022 to 31st May 2022|
GATE 2022 Application Form:
The GATE 2022 Application Form will be provided online mode. Candidates need to enter all the crucial details in the application form such as a photograph, category certificate, scanned copies signature, certificate of the qualifying exam will require to be uploaded in the application form. Enter the number of identity proof of PAN card, Voter ID, Employee ID, Passport, Aadhar, College ID, and driving license.
For Latest Updates Follow Us on Instagram – Click Here
- The cost of the application fee for SC/PwD// ST/ Female Candidates will be Rs. 750/- and for other categories, it is Rs. 1500/-
- Those who have an exam center in Addis Ababa, Dhaka, Colombo, Kathmandu are required to make a payment of US $ 50 as an application fee.
- For those who have an exam center in Dubai or Singapore, they need to make payment of US $ 100
Mode of Payment:
- Candidates can make payment of the application fee via modes such as credit/ debit card or by Net banking.
Steps to apply for GATE 2022:
- Visit the official site i.e, https://gate.iitkgp.ac.in/.
- On the home page, click on “Apply Online“.
- Then click on the Gate 2022 IIT Kharagpur Registration link.
- After that fill the application form.
- Fill in all the details in the form correctly.
- Then click on submit.
- Save the form in PDF and download it for future reference.
Before submitting the GATE 2022 Form just check the Eligibility Criteria below:
- There is no specific age limit. You can appear in the examination as many times as you wish to.
- Candidates of Indian Nationality and candidates from Sri Lanka, Ethiopia, Bangladesh, Nepal, Singapore, and UAE can apply for GATE.
- The candidate must be in a final year or must have completed graduation with the degree of Engineering/Technology.
- Those who have the degree of Master’s in Science with relevant subjects are also eligible to apply.
Qualifying Degrees Appropriate for GATE:
|Qualifying degree||Currently in Year/Completed|
|BE / BPharm / BTech||Completed|
|BS/BSc (Research)||4th or Completed|
|MSc / MCA/ MA||Final or completed|
|Int ME / MTech (post BSc)||2nd / 3rd / 4th or completed|
|Int ME / MTech or Dual degree (after Diploma or 10+2)||4th / 5th or completed|
|Int MSc / Int BS-MS||Final or completed|
|Professional society exam equivalent to BE / BTech / BArch||Completed Section A or Equivalent of Such a Course|
Gate 2022 Papers List:
GATE 2022 will be conducted on 29 subjects (papers). Students who are looking forward to preparing and appear in GATE Examination need to select any one or UP TO TWO papers of the GATE examination. The candidate can check the complete list of GATE 2022 Papers.
- There will be 29 papers.
- An exam will conduct online.
- Questions will be based on multiple-choice Questions and Numerical.
- There will be an overall 65 questions.
- Maximum Marks will be 100.
- Each question is of 1 mark and some questions will be carrying 2 marks.
- Negative Marking: 1/3rd mark will be reduced from 1 mark questions and 2/3rd marks will be reduced for 2 mark questions. There will be no negative marking for numerical ability type questions.
- Exam duration will be for 3 hours duration
- Subjects, as well as marks distribution, is dependent on the paper you attempt in the examination. Exam pattern is common for various papers which is as follows:
For Paper Codes CE, CH, CS, EC, AE, AG, BT, EE, IN, ME, MN, MT, PE, PI, TF & XF:
- The subject such as Engineering Mathematics comprises 15%
- General Aptitude comprises 15 %
- The main Subject of the Paper comprises 70 %
- For paper codes AR, CY, EY, GG, MA, PH, and XL, marks distribution will be as follows:
- General Aptitude will be for 15%
- The main Subject of the Paper will be of 85 %
There Will be Two Types of Questions:
- Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs), questions will be objective type in this type. Each question consisted of 4 options and one will be correct out of four. If a candidate chooses and marks an incorrect answer then marks will be deducted.
- Numerical Answer Type (NAT), for this type of question, the candidate is required to use a virtual keypad available on the screen. There will be a provision for an on-screen calculator for students.
There are 29 papers to take place in GATE 2022 examination and the syllabus will be different for every paper. But, the General Aptitude section will be the common section in all the papers. The syllabus for General Aptitude is mentioned and for the other subjects prepare as per the qualifying examination.
- GATE Syllabus for Botany
- GATE Syllabus for Chemistry
- Syllabus For Materials Science (XE-C)
- Syllabus for Polymer Science and Engineering (XE – F)
- GATE Syllabus For Microbiology ( XL–K)
- Syllabus for Solid Mechanics (XE-D)
- Syllabus of Thermodynamics (XE-E)
- GATE Syllabus for Biochemistry (XL-I)
Syllabus for General Aptitude:
Verbal Ability: Instructions, Sentence Completion, Word Groups, English Grammar, Verbal Analogies, Verbal Deduction & Critical Reasoning.
Numerical Ability: Numerical computation, Numerical Estimation of Numerical Reasoning, and Data Interpretation:
Other Subjects of GATE 2022 IIT Delhi are AS Follows:
- Aerospace Engineering
- Agricultural Engineering
- Architecture and Planning
- Civil Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Computer Sc. and Information Technology
- Electronics and Communication Engg.
- Electrical Engineering
- Ecology and Evolution
- Geology and Geophysics
- Instrumentation Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Metallurgical Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering
- Production and Industrial Engineering
- Statistics – New addition
- Textile Engineering and Fibre Science
- Engineering Mathematics
- Fluid Mechanics
- Materials Science
- Solid Mechanics
- Polymer Science and Engineering
- Food Technology
- Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences
- Food Technology
Download the admit card through online mode. Make sure to seek the printout of the downloaded admit card along with photo identity proof at the exam center. There should be one photo identity proof in original as photocopies will not be accepted.
GATE 2022 Answer Key will be published after the conduct GATE Exam. Candidates can check the answer key on the official website online mode. Candidates also can download the answer key. The answer key will available for various GATE Papers. Candidates also challenge authority if they are not satisfied with your score.
Steps To Download GATE 2022 Answer Key:
- Visit the official site of gate 2022 i.e, gate.iitb.ac.in.
- On the home page, click on the link of GATE Answer Key 2022 PDF.
- The GATE 2022 Answer Key will be displayed.
- Check the answers mentioned on the GATE Response Sheet.
- Download the GATE Exam Key.
GATE 2022 result will be declared in the third week of March most probably. Make sure to check the result from the official website. The scores achieved in GATE will be valid for three years. After the result is announced, qualified candidates can download scorecards.
GATE 2022 Score Card will release after few days of declaring the result. Qualified candidates can check your Score Card:
- Score Card validity will be three years from the date to declare the result.
- candidates can download their scorecard in March 2022.
- Between the date, candidates download your scorecard. If they want the soft copy after the last day, they should pay 500 rupees for that.
- Candidates have to analyze the whole syllabus for GATE 2022.
- Prepare a study schedule.
- Make short notes for the revision.
- Take mocks.
- Practice the previous year’s exam papers.
Get the Latest Update Join Us on Telegram – Click Here