VNIT Ph.D Admission 2022: Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology (VNIT) is a top-ranking engineer institute located in Nagpur, India. This Institute provides several undergraduate postgraduates as well as PhD courses. Applicants are invited for PhD admission in the Institute. Personal interviews and tests are conducted for admissions in the institute. Aim of the institute is to provide quality education and to make smart human resources. This article will cover the admission procedure followed by the institute.
VNIT Ph.D Admission 2022 Application Form:
The application form will be available for the candidates on the official website of the Institute. Candidates can check the official website and then send the form to the official address. Candidates are requested to attach a photocopy of all the necessary documents and passport size photo with the application form. Candidates are requested to check the form thoroughly before submitting it. Any error or incompletion in the form can lead to rejection of the form by the authorities. Forms will be automatically rejected after the due date. Photocopy of SB collect receipt is compulsory.
The application fees can be online paid through SBI collection. Candidates must mention the SBI collect reference number on the admission form. The Application fees are rupees 500 for all the students.
Admission Open 2023:
- IIAD Admission 2023 – Apply Now
- Candidate should have a master degree or equivalent from any recognised University
- Minimum of 5 year experience in an industry is required
- Physics:A master degree is required in the same subject. A National level exam equivalent with qualified score.
- Applied Mechanics: B.E. / B. Tech./ AMIE (Civil Engineering) and ME / M.Tech (Structural Engineering). GATE examequivalent with qualified marks.
- Mathematics: M.Sc. in Mathematics / Applied Mathematics. GATE/NET qualified applicants are welcomed.
- Chemistry: M.Sc. in Chemistry (Organic / Inorganic/ Analytical/ Physical Chemistry/ Biochemistry and other specializations). National level exam like GATE/NET qualified applicant is eligible
- Mechanical Engineering: M.E / M. Tech and qualified GATE or equivalent nation exam.
- Civil Engineering: B.E. / B.Tech / AMIE (Civil) and M.E / M.Tech in Civil engineering qualified GATE score or equivalent exam.
- Electrical Engineering: B.E./B.Tech in the subject and qualified GATE score.
- Chemical Engineering: BE / B. Tech./ AND M.E / M. Tech in the samebranch. The applicant should have qualified GATE.
- Computer Science and Engineering: B.E. / B. Tech. / AMIE or equivalent and M.E./M. Tech or equivalent. Applicant should have qualified GATE score
- Metallurgy and Materials Engineering: M.E / M. Tech (Metallurgy / Material Engineering / Mechanical / Production / Industrial / Chemical). Candidates with GATE qualified are eligible.
- Electronics & Communication Engineering: B.E. / B. Tech. /AMIE/AMIETE/B.Sc.(Engg.) in the required branch and M.Tech/M.E./M.S.
There will be an offline written exam followed by a personal interview. On the basis of these two types to tests candidates will be selected who are eligible for admissions.
VNIT Ph.D Syllabus:
There are a total of 15 departments and are as follows
- Mechanical engineering
- Electrical engineering
- Civil Engineering
- VISI Nanotechnology
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Computer Science Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Metallurgical Material Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Applied Mechanics
- Architecture Planning
Syllabus for all 15 departments as well asthe area of research for all these is given on the VNIT information brochure which is available on the website of the institute.
For Latest Updates Follow Us on Instagram – Click Here
The admit cards which are required to enter the examination hall will be provided by the institute after the last date for the submission of forms. Candidates can download the admit card from the website of the Institute. It is mandatory for each and every candidate to bring a photocopy of the admit card on the day of examination as it is the gate pass. Entry without admit card is prohibited. Candidate must keep Admit Cards with them even after the examination as it will be necessary for verification purposes.
Authorities will select the students according to marks obtained in the written test. Minimum marks are set to be 40% in order to qualify for the exam. Qualified candidates will then be called for a personal interview on a selected date. Then at last on the basis of interview candidates will be shortlisted who will get admission for PhD courses in the selected department. The institute will publish a brochure containing all necessary dates and documentation required.
Answer keys for GATE/JEE/NET are made available for students by respective authorities in various modes. Students can check the keys and calculate their estimate score.
The institute will take into consideration several factors before setting up thecut-off.
Some of these factors are:
- Number of students who applied for the test
- Number of seats available in the institute
- The difficulty level of the exam
- Previous year cut-off
Get the Latest Update Join Us on Telegram – Click Here