Career in Printing Technology: There are an immense of career options in front of students and one of them is a career in Printing Technology. It is based on the new printing technologies. It is a wide range of technology that are needed to run the printing and graphic communication jobs. Printing is a process to produce pictures or text by using different methods such as inked type, blocks, plates, etc.
It is one of the fields in engineering courses that deal with printing press operations, design and creation. Printing technology is the combination of several skills such as technical, artistic and scientific. It is a fast-growing industry in India. It is used in several industrial processes and it means creating a replica of the text or image through a printing press or inks.
Careen in Printing Technology Courses & Eligibility:
If you are looking forward to pursuing a course in printing technology then there are several options available for you. The courses include various levels such as diploma, bachelor, master and doctoral Here are some of the courses:
The diploma in Printing Press is a three-year duration course that can be applied after completing class X with Mathematics & Technology Science.
B.Tech/B.E. in Printing Technology: This course is for the duration of 4 years Applicants can seek admission to this course after completing class XII with Physics and Mathematics as mandatory subjects.
M.Tech/M.E. in Printing Technology: It is a master course for the duration of 2 years. To apply for this course, the applicant must have completed B.Tech or BE in the related field.
PhD. in Printing Technology: To seek admission in PhD courses, the applicant must be possessed with Master’s degree in the related field. This course is available in part-time an full-time.
For Latest Updates Follow Us on Instagram – Click Here
Other Certificate Courses:
Certificate courses in the Printing technology comprise of one year course. Here are some certificate courses are:
- Certificate in Printing Technology
- Certificate in Pre-Press Operations
- Certificate in Press Operations
- Certificate Course in Offset Press Work
- Certificate in Paper and Printing Technology
Subjects of Printing Technology:
- Theory of Printing Machine
- Printing Process
- Typography & Typesetting
- Electrical Systems in Printing Machines
- Quality Management
- Electrical & Electronics
- Security Printing
Admission to these Programmes:
In order to acquire admission the Bachelor courses such as BE/B.Tech, applicants are required to appear in JEE Main 2022 or any other state-level engineering entrance exam. Admission is based on the rank acquired by the applicant in the exam.
To attain admission in the Master’s course, merit list will be prepared as per the rank attained by the applicant in the GATE 2022 or some other state level examination.
Engineering Entrance Exams:
- JEE (Joint Entrance Exam) Main
- Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE)
- MU OET
- MH CET
- AP EAMCET
Colleges/Universities offering courses:
Check the list of colleges/universities offering courses in printing technology below:
- Anna University, College of Engineering Guindy, Chennai
- Jadavpur University, Faculty Of Engineering and Technology, Kolkata
- Manipal Institute of Technology, Manipal
- JNTU College Of Engineering, Hyderabad
- Calicut University : Institute of Engineering and Technology, Malappuram
- Institute of Printing Technology, Kerala
Career & Jobs in Printing Technology:
Here is the list of career opportunities and jobs after the Printing technology course:
- One can get jobs in magazines, newspapers and advertising agencies, government and private publication houses and teaching jobs at colleges and universities.
- It supports providing jobs in the private sector, and some government-run publishing houses
- A fresher can work as an editor, sub-editor, assistant sub-editor, associate editor or assistant editor in the publication division.
- It supports providing a job of IN-Charge In production.
Check the job profiles:
- Printing Supervisor
- Printing Trainee Engineer
- Screen Room Printing Engineer
- Printing Officer
- Marketing Manager
- Printing Technologists
- Quality Assurance Engineers
- Publishing Companies/houses
- News Papers Production
- Digital Printing
- Electronic Printing
- Security Printing
- Textile Industry
- Advertising Companies
- Polymer technology relating companies
- Indian Express
- Bennet and Coleman
- Shreeji printers
- Anandabazar Publications
- The Times of India
- Multi-Flex Lami Print
- Printing Machine Manufacturers in India
- Publication Division of India
- Security Printing and Minting Corporation of India
- State Textbook Corporations
- Directorate of Printing and Stationery
- Sahitya Academy
- National Book Trust
- National Council of Educational Research
- A degree holder in printing technology can earn a salary up to Rs.2 to 3 lacs in a year. You can earn higher salary packages as well.
- In USA, a Printer Technician can earn up to $50k in a year.
Get the Latest Update Join Us on Telegram – Click Here