CUSAT 2020: Every year Cochin University of Science and Technology (CUSAT) organize Common Admission Test (CAT) as well as various other entrance exams to offer admission to aspiring students in various Bachelors Degree and Masters Degree, Diploma as well as Certificate courses presented by the University. Thousands of students apply for CUSAT, and those who work hard and smart get fortunate to be a part of it. The interested candidate gets all the details about CUSAT 2020-21 Application Form, Exam Dates, Result Date, etc.
Admission Open 2020
|UPES Dehradun 2020 Admissions Open – Apply Now|
|KIITEE 2020 Admissions Open – Apply Now|
|Chandigarh University 2020 Admissions Open – Apply Now|
|Amity University 2020 Admissions Open – Apply Now|
|Amrita University 2020 Admissions Open – Apply Now|
|Manav Rachna 2020 Admissions Open – Apply Now|
|SRMIST Chennai B.Tech Admissions Open – Apply Now|
|GNIOT 2020 Admissions Open – Apply Now|
|Sharda University 2020 Admissions Open – Apply Now|
|BENNETT University 2020 Admissions Open – Apply Now|
|GD Goenka University 2020 Admissions Open – Apply Now|
CUSAT Notification 2020:
- The CUSAT 2020 Admit Card will be released on 27th March 2020.
- The Exam will be held from 18th to 19th April 2020.
CUSAT CAT Highlights:
|Full-Form||Cochin University of Science & Technology|
|Types of Exam||UG & PG Level|
|Courses Offered||Engineering, Humanities, Technology, Science, Law & Management|
|Level of Exam||National|
|Conducting Body||CUSAT Common Admission Test (CAT)|
|Mode of application form||Online|
|Mode of exam||Online (CBT)|
|Exam Duration||03 hours|
|CUSAT 2020 Exam Date||18th – 19th April 2020|
|Helpline Number||+91(484)2577290, +91(484)2862281|
CUSAT 2020 Exam Date:
|CUSAT CAT 2020 Notification Released||6th January 2020|
|Online Registration Form date start||8th January 2020|
|Deadline to submit Registration Form without late fee||10th February 2020|
|Last date of registration with late fee||11th February 2020|
|Fee Submit Last date||15th February 2020|
|Admit Card Released||27th March – 19th April 2020|
|CUSAT CAT 2020 Exam Date||18th – 19th April 2020|
|Result Announced||1st week of May 2020|
CUSAT Admit Card 2020:
The CUSAT Admit card will be released on 27th March 2020. The candidates will be required to check the official website. Admit cards will not be sent via post personally to any student, so the applicants must check the official online website. The Admit contain details like candidates name, roll no, exam venue, etc.
CUSAT 2020 Application Form:
The process for admission begins with filling the CUSAT application form. However, filling the application form alone will not ensure admission in any course. Here are some important points regarding the application form for students to take note of:
- Applications form will be invited through online mode only. No offline mode will be available to fill the application for CUSAT 2020.
- The application forms for CUSAT will be released most probably from the month of January/ February 2020.
- Though the University will not accept any application sent offline, Students who will be applying for courses like Ph.D., M.Phil, Diploma, Post Graduate Diploma and Certificate programs might get the written application personally or through mail post from the related departments.
- The application fee for the form will be accepted via online mode only. Students will be able to pay application form fee through net banking, credit card, or debit card.
- Fee for the application form will vary according to different categories:
- For applicants from the general category, it will be Rs. 1,000/-, and applicants from reserved categories (SC/ST) will be Rs. 500/-.
- For NRI applicants – Rs. 5,000/-
- Programs like PDF/Diploma/Certificate– general category candidates would have to pay Rs. 500/-, whereas for reserved categories students it will be Rs. 50.
- The candidate must keep a copy of the submitted application However, there is no need to send the same to the University.
CUSAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria:
Before filling the CUSAT 2020 Application Form, the applicants must check if they are eligible to appear for the entrance examination.
- Nationality: Candidate must be an Indian citizen or resident of Kerala.
- Age Limit: The maximum age limit will be 21 years and the minimum age limit will be 17 years of age.
For Under Graduate programs:
- Tech with Integrated M.Sc. – the candidate must have passed the senior secondary examination with at least 50% marks in mathematics alone, and 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics combined from Kerala state or recognized board.
- Tech Marine Engineering- the applicant must have qualified 10+2 examination with at least 60% of marks combined in English and PCM, and with a minimum of 50% of marks separately in Mathematics.
- BBA/LL.B (Hons)/B.Com.LL.B (Hons.)- The applicant should have a qualified senior secondary examination with a minimum of 60% marks. But for students from Arts or Humanities or Commerce sections at least a 55% score is compulsory.
For Post Graduate Courses:
- Tech – the candidates, must be holding a Bachelor’s Degree in B.Tech or BE from any recognized University by CUSAT with a minimum of 60% marks.
- If any candidate gas qualified the GATE exam, then he/she must show the applicable scorecard.
- L.M – the candidate should have qualified Graduation in Law with no less than 45% of marks.
CUSAT 2020 Exam Pattern:
It is better if students are acquainted with the pattern of the exam as it saves time and reduces anxiety. The pattern for CUSAT 2020 entrance exam will be:
- The question paper will be multiple choice based, that is, objective type question will be there.
- There will be a total of 250 questions, with 125 questions from mathematics, 75 questions from physics, and 25 questions from chemistry.
- The exam will be conducted for 180 minutes, i.e. 3 hours.
- Candidates would have to be very careful while attempting the exam because there will be negative marking.
- 3 marks will be awarded to the candidate for every right question attempted, where there will a deduction of 1 mark for every wrong attempted answer.
Distributions of questions:
|Course||Sections||No. of questions|
|1st year B.Tech/ Integrated M.Sc. in Photonics||Mathematics||125|
|BB.A.LL.B. (Hons.)/B.Com. LL.B. (Hons.)||General English||50|
|Reasoning and Logical Thinking Ability||50|
|General Awareness and Current Affairs||25|
|Law Related Matter||25|
|General Knowledge/ Current Affairs||25|
CUSAT 2020 Syllabus:
As such, there is no CUSAT 2020 Syllabus prescribed, but the students must have the basic knowledge of the subjects that they have studied so far, and also of the subject they are applying for. Students applying for CUSAT 2020 must pay special attention to the syllabus of class 11th and class 12th for their concerned subjects.
- For B.Tech and 5 Year Integrated M.Sc. Programmes: Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry.
- For Lateral Entry of B.Tech Programme: English, Mathematics, Engineering Mechanics, Engineering Graphics and General Engineering.
- For BBA LL.B. (Hons.)/B.Com. LL.B. (Hons.): General English, Ability in Reasoning and Logical Thinking, General Knowledge and Current Affairs and Law-Related Matters.
- For 3 year LL.B. Course: English, Comprehension Ability, General Knowledge, Current Affairs, Legal Aptitude, and Logical Reasoning.
CUSAT Result 2020:
Results for CUSAT 2020 will be announced near about in May 2020. The candidates who would qualify the entrance exam will be given ranks, and after that, there will be the commencement of the procedure of counselling accordingly. The counselling schedule will be notified on the official website of the University.
CUSAT Counselling 2020:
The Counselling will be started in June 2020. Candidates who will get better ranks in the merit list will be allotted the seats in the counselling rounds.