ESE/IES Exam Pattern: UPSC ESE/IES Exam won’t be a complication to appear if you are provided with the complete info on the pattern of the examination. If you are a relevant candidate, filled the application form, got the hall ticket then you must be now curious about the pattern in which examination can appear into. The aim of the examination is to choose the apt candidates who wish to appear to work in the government sector.
Number of Exam Modes-Written Examination Test:
Those who applied for the IES examination need to go through various steps of the examination such as a written test as well as a personality test. After clearing the examination, candidates will be given the job in so many categories. The examination shall be conducted according to the following plan:—
- Stage‐I: Engineering Services (Preliminary/Stage‐I) Examination (Objective Type Papers) for the selection of candidates for the 2nd Stage Engineering Services (Main/Stage‐II) Examination.
- Stage‐II: Engineering Services (Main/Stage‐II) Examination (Conventional Type Papers).
- Stage‐III: Personality Test.
ESE/IES Exam Pattern:
Stage I (Prelims Exam Pattern):
- The Exam will consist of two objective types (multiple choices) of questions papers and carrying a maximum of 500 marks (Paper 1 – 200 Marks & Paper II – 300 Marks).
- Only those candidates who qualified in the Preliminary/Stage‐I Examination will be eligible for admission to the Main/Stage‐II Examination.
- There is four alternatives for the answers to every question. For each question for which a wrong answer has been given by the candidate, one‐third (1/3rd) of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty.
|PAPER-I||GENERAL STUDIES AND ENGINEERING APTITUDE||02 HOURS||200|
Stage II (Mains Exam Pattern):
- The Engineering Services (Main/stage‐II) Examination will consist two conventional type papers in Engineering Discipline specific with duration of three hours and maximum marks of 600 (300 Marks in each paper).
|TOTAL MARKS (MAINS)||600|
|TOTAL MARKS (MAINS + PRELIMS)||1100|
- Stage‐III will consist of Personality Test carrying 200 Marks.
- Those who qualify for Stage I will move to the Stage II exam. In order to move to the last stage i.e. personality test, candidates are required to have successfully completed stages I and II.
|STAGE-I+ STAGE-II+STAGE III||1300|
It is very crucial to have complete info about the examination pattern as this would lead to having a complete idea of the question paper and time duration. Provided this also let the candidate prepare accordingly. Thus, read the whole info about the pattern of the exam and then proceed further with the preparation.
Get the Latest Update Join Us on Telegram – Click Here