Indira Gandhi Post Graduate Scholarship 2023: The decreasing number of girls as compared to boys is a matter of concern. Education to women is becoming necessary to make them financially strong. An educated woman can bring a change in the mindset of people. The Government of India has taken several steps to educate girls’ child and one such step is Indira Gandhi Post Graduate Scholarship 2023. The article discusses eligibility criteria, the aim of the scholarship, the process to apply, and so on.
Indira Gandhi Post Graduate Scholarship 2023: Highlights
|Scholarship Name||Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship|
|Provided by||University Grants Commission|
|Eligible Course||Post Graduate|
|Who can Apply||Only Girls can apply|
|Scholarship Amount||Rs. 32,600 per year|
|Scholarship Duration||2 years|
Indira Gandhi single girl child scholarship: Important Dates
|Application Form Release Date||To be announced|
|Last date to apply||To be announced|
Check the eligibility criteria to apply for Indira Gandhi Post Graduate Scholarship 2023. Check below steps if you are eligible then apply for this Scholarship:
- There are overall 3000 slots.
- The age of the girl child should be 30 years at the time of admission in the first year of PG courses.
- The scheme applies to the single girl child taken admission in regular, full-time first-year Masters Degree course in any designated university or a post-graduate college.
- However, Admission to PG Course in Distance education mode is not applicable under this scheme.
Steps to Apply for Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship:
Those who fulfill the eligibility criteria need to apply online on National Scholarship Portal after the application notice will be published on the UGC website. Here is the process to apply:
- It is essential that the host institution where the applicant is studying verify the online application. The institution where the student has taken the admission in the 1st year PG course need not charge the tuition fee from the girl student to attain PG degree course in universities, colleges, and institutions.
- Make sure to fill the application forms correctly and completely. Incomplete forms lead to cancellation.
- Upload the affidavit regarding Single girl child status
Purpose of the Scholarship:
Here is the objective of the Indira Gandhi Post Graduate Scholarship 2023
- To provide post-graduate education to the single girl children.
- To recognize the value of small family norms.
For Latest Updates Follow Us on Instagram – Click Here
Girl students who are admitted in the 1st year of Postgraduate courses in the following universities/Colleges and the only girl child in the family.
- Institutions/Colleges/Universities under section 2(f) & and 12(B) of UGC Act.
- Deemed to be Universities under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956 and eligible to receive grants-in-aid from UGC and the Deemed Universities which do not receive funds from the Central/State Government are ineligible institutes under the scheme.
- Universities/Institutions/College funded by Central/State Government.
- Institutes of National Importance.
- Girl students with no brother or the girl student who are twin daughters/fraternal daughters may also apply for scholarships.
- Ensure that a family with one son and one daughter then can’t apply for the scholarship.
The amount of scholarship is Rs.36, 200/- p.a. for two years i.e. full duration of a Post Graduation course. Other than this, no other additional grant will be payable instead of hostel charges as well as medical charges.
Process of Selection:
Given below is the selection process:
- 3,000 fresh scholarships will be awarded every year.
- The awarded can acquire the other scholarship during the scholarship tenure.
- And once selected, the girl student can join the university/college/institution.
- The selected candidates will be paid scholarships on DBT mode annually.
- The scholarship will be renewed next year on the receipt of renewal.
- Those who fail to promote to the next class need to give up the scholarship.
- Permission will not be given to change the course.
- UGC is responsible for the scheme.
Get the Latest Update Join Us on Telegram – Click Here