TIFR GS 2022: TIFR GS is a known national level based entrance exam. TIFR stands for the Tata Institute of Fundamental Research which aims to provide admission to candidates in postgraduate Science courses offered through the university. Through TIFR GS, candidates will be able to acquire admission in five-year integrated MSc courses and PhD programmes proffered at the institute. You must collect all the important info such as eligibility criteria, exam mode, application form, application fee, and other exam related info via this article. Here goes the complete info:
TIFR GS 2022 Notification:
- 25th November 2021: TIFR GS 2022 Admit Card has been released. Click here to download the Admit Card.
TIFR GS 2022 Highlights:
|Name of the Examination||Graduate School Admissions – Entrance Exam|
|Conducting Board||Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR)|
|Application Mode||Online Mode|
|Exam Mode||Online Mode|
|For Admissions Into||PhD, Integrated M.Sc.-Ph.D. and M.Sc. degree in Biology, Chemistry, Computer & Systems Science|
TIFR GS 2022 Exam Date:
|Application process||8th October 2021|
|Last date to apply||10th November 2021|
|Admit Card||25th November 2021|
|TIFR GS 2022 Entrance exam||12th December 2021|
TIFR GS 2022 Application Form:
TIFR GS 2022 Application Form released on the Official website. Interested candidates can apply before the Last Date. The Application form will release on 8th October 2021 and the last date to apply is 10th November 2021.
Submit the application fee along with the application form. The application fee for female applicants will be Rs.600 and Rs.1200 for male applicants. Candidates can submit the application fee via modes such as credit card/ debit card/ net banking/ UPI or any other mode provided in the payment gateway.
Documents needed with Application Form:
Candidates must be ready with the documents to be attached to the application form. Some of the documents are as follows:
- Scanned image of your latest passport size photograph.
- Scanned copy of the signature.
- If you are applying under the Fee Waiver category, then a scanned copy of the recommendation letter from the Principal/Head of Department of your college is required.
- If you are applying under the disability category, then upload the scanned copy of the disability certificate.
- A valid email id.
- A relevant mobile number.
- Qualifying degree mark sheet.
- Upload the latest photograph and signature in JPG format and size should be below 80 KB.
Check the Entire TIFR GS Admission Process:
Step 1: Register Online:
- Click on the direct link given on the page of TIFR GS 2022 Registration.
- Register online by entering details such as Name, Gender, Date of Birth, Nationality, Place of Birth, Email ID, Mobile Number, etc.
- Click on the “Register” button for submitting the details
- After successful registration, you will receive an Application Number. You will also receive SMS and Email confirming about the successful registration.
Step 2: Login:
- Check your email ID and login link as this will help in collecting all the info easily.
- Enter the User ID and Password.
- Submit all the details using the “Login” button and fill in the details in the Application Form.
Step 3: Fill Details in TIFR GS Application Form:
- On the top of the page, check the tab “Go to Application Form”, click on it
- An application form will appear on the screen. You will have to provide your personal details, address details, exam details, etc.
- Step 4: Upload Images in the Application Form
- Upload the scanned images – passport size photograph and signature according to the given specifications.
Step 5: Submit the Application Fee:
- Submit the application fee
Courses & Colleges Accepting Scores:
- Under Mathematics, courses provided include Ph.D., Integrated MSc-PhD and colleges accepting are School of Mathematics, TIFR Mumbai, Centre for Applicable Mathematics (CAM), Bengaluru, and International Centre for Theoretical Sciences (ICTS), Bengaluru (only Ph.D. programme)
- Under Physics, courses provided include Ph.D., Integrated MSc-PhD and colleges accepting the scores includes Department of Astronomy & Astrophysics, TIFR Mumbai, Department of Condensed Matter Physics & Materials Science, TIFR Mumbai, Department of High Energy Physics, TIFR Mumbai, Department of Nuclear & Atomic Physics, TIFR Mumbai, Department of Theoretical Physics, TIFR Mumbai, National Centre for Radio Astrophysics (NCRA), Pune, TIFR Centre for Interdisciplinary Sciences, Hyderabad (TIFR-H), and International Centre for Theoretical Sciences
- Chemistry, colleges accepting the scores are the Department of Chemical Sciences, TIFR, Mumbai, and TIFR Centre for Interdisciplinary Sciences, Hyderabad
- Under Biology, courses provided Ph.D., Integrated MSc-PhD, and MSc. Colleges accepting the scores are Department of Biological Sciences, TIFR, Mumbai, National Centre for Biological Sciences (NCBS), Bengaluru, and TIFR Centre for Interdisciplinary Sciences (TCIS), Hyderabad
- Under Computer & Systems Sciences (including Communications and Applied Probability) under PhD course, only one college is accepting the scores School of Technology & Computer Science (STCS), TIFR, Mumbai.
- In Science Education, PHD is the course and Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education (HBCSE), Mumbai accepts the course.
- Ph.D. Programme for 5 years
- Integrated MSc-PhD Programme for 6 Years
TIFR GS Test Centers:
Candidates will be able to appear for the examination in test centers such as
- Guntur, Andhra Pradesh
- Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh
- Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh
- Guwahati, Assam
- Patna, Bihar
- Bhillai, Chattisgarh
- Ahmedabad, Gujarat
- Mandi, Himachal Pradesh
- Jammu, J&K
- Srinagar, J&K
- Jamshedpur, Jharkhand
- Bengaluru, Karnataka
- Mangalore, Karnataka
- Cochin, Kerala
- Kozhikode, Kerala
- Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh
- Indore, Madhya Pradesh
- Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Nagpur, Maharashtra
- Pune, Maharashtra
- Bhubaneshwar, Odisha
- Amritsar, Punjab
- Chandigarh, Punjab
- Jalandhar, Punjab
- Jaipur, Rajasthan
- Chennai, Tamil Nadu
- Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu
- Madurai, Tamil Nadu
- Hyderabad, Telangana
- Agartala, Tripura
- Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh
- Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
- Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh
- Haldwani, Uttarakhand
- Burdwan, West Bengal
- Kharagpur, West Bengal
- Kolkata, West Bengal
- To apply for Integrated Ph.D., the candidate must have done BA/ BSc/ BE/ BTech
- To opt for Ph.D., the applicant must have done MA/ MSc/ MTech
- For Integrated Ph.D., the candidate must have done ME/ MTech/ BSc/ BS/ BE/ BTech/ BChem in Physics, Engineering Physics, or equivalent degree, on completion of a course.
- For PhD course, the applicant must have done MSc/ MS in Physics, or equivalent, on completion of a course whose duration is not less than five years in total.
- To apply for an Integrated Ph.D., the applicant must have done BSc/ BPharma/ BS or equivalent degree
- To apply for Ph.D., the applicant must have done MSc/ BE/ BTech/ MPharm or equivalent degree
- To apply for Integrated Ph.D./ MSc, the applicant must have done Bachelors in Basic Science (Physics/ Chemistry/ any branch of Biology)
- Any four-year degree program that awards a Bachelor’s degree including BTech, BE, BVSc, BPharma (4-year course)
To apply for Ph.D., the applicant must have done Post Graduation in Basic Science (MSc Physics/ Chemistry/ any branch of Biology) or Bachelors in Applied Science including MSc (Ag), BTech, BE, BVSc, BPharma (four-year course), MBBS, BDS, MPharma
Computer & System Sciences (including Communications and Applied Probability):
To apply for PhD course, applicant must have done BTech/ BE/ MTech/ ME/ MCA/ MSc or equivalent degree in Computer Science/ Electronics & Communications Engineering/ Electrical Engineering or related branches.
Those who are exceptionally well in BTech/ BE/ MTech/ ME/ MSc degree courses in other disciplines may also apply. Besides, those who have done well in a three-year degree course in related subjects may also apply for an integrated Ph.D.
The exam pattern will be different according to the subjects. Check the complete details in this regard below:
- Part I, 30 Objective Type questions to be completed in the duration of 90 minutes
- Part II, 10 Subjective Type questions to be completed in the duration of 90 minutes
Chemistry and Physics:
- Paper will have Multiple Choice Questions to be completed in the duration of 3 hours. There will be negative marking on the paper.
Computer & Systems Sciences:
- Part A (Mathematical Aptitude), Part B (Computer Science), and Part C (Systems Science) to be completed in the duration of 180 minutes.
Check subject wise syllabus below:
- Algebra will be consisted of topics such as Definitions and examples of the group (finite and infinite, commutative and non-commutative), cyclic groups, subgroups, homomorphisms, quotients. Definitions and examples of rings and fields. Basic facts about finite-dimensional vector spaces, matrices, determinants, and ranks of linear transformations. Integers and their basic properties. Polynomials with real or complex coefficients in 1 variable
- Under Analysis, prepare from topics such as Basic facts about real and complex numbers, the convergence of sequences and series of real and complex numbers, continuity, differentiability and Riemann integration of real-valued functions defined on an interval (finite or infinite), elementary functions (polynomial functions, rational functions, exponential and log, trigonometric functions).
- Under Geometry/ Topology, prepare from topics like Elementary geometric properties of common shapes and figures in 2 and 3-dimensional Euclidean spaces (example: triangles, circles, discs, spheres, etc). Plane analytic geometry (= coordinate geometry) and trigonometry. Definition and basic properties of metric spaces, examples of subset Euclidean spaces (of any dimension), connectedness, compactness. Convergence in metric spaces, continuity of functions between metric spaces.
- Under General, topics included are Pigeon-hole principle (box principle), induction, elementary properties of divisibility, elementary combinatorics (permutations and combinations, binomial coefficients), elementary reasoning with graphs.
Topics for Physics includes Classical Mechanics, Mathematics relevant to Physics, Electricity and Magnetism, Quantum Mechanics, Heat, Thermodynamics and Statistical Physics, General Physics, Modern Physics, and Electronics and Experimental Physics
Topics covered under Chemistry will be Physical Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Electro Chemistry, Quantum Chemistry, Biophysics, Thermodynamics, Spectroscopy (NMR, fluorescence, IR, UV, and X-ray), Logic & statistics & mathematical methods
Admit card is important to have candidates while appearing for an examination:
- Visit the official website of TIFR GS.
- Then click on the Student Login tab.
- Enter the username and password.
- Click the Login button.
You will find details such as Name of Candidate, Age, Phone Number, Application Number, Exam Centre, Exam Code, and Course Opted for, Time, Date, and Venue
|NDA eBook For Current Affairs, Mathematics, etc – Buy Now|
|CDS Exam eBook with Solved Paper – Buy Now|
|Admission Enquiry Form – Apply Now|
Check the steps to check exam results:
- First, go to the official website of the TIFR GS exam.
- Then Click on GS 2022
- Click on the course’s name
- The merit list will appear on the screen
The result includes the names of the candidates who have qualified the TIFR GS 2022 exam. Go to the official website and know about the scores acquired. After the result, applicants will appear for interviews to be held in months – March and April.
A merit list will be provided consisted of Average marks secured and seats offered. In the case of two candidates who attained the same marks, then the elder in age will be given the seat.