JEST 2023: JEST stands for Joint Entrance Screening Test. Joint Entrance Screening Test is conducted by the Science & Engineering Research Board (SERB). Which are a national level examination for providing admission into Ph.D. and various integrated Ph.D. programmes. The test is commenced in February month and the application form will be provided from Nov to Dec. Some of the crucial details about the examination are mentioned here such as JEST Exam Date, Notification, Eligibility Criteria & counseling.
JEST 2023 Notification:
- JEST 2023 notification will be released in the 2nd week of November:
JEST Exam 2023 Highlights:
|Name of Exam||JEST – Joint Entrance Screening Test|
|Type of Exam||PG Level|
|Level of Exam||National Level|
|Conducting Body||Joint Entrance Screening Test|
|Courses Offered||Science & Engineering|
|Application form Submit mode||Online|
|Mode of Exam||Online Mode|
|JEST 2023 Exam Date||February 2023|
|Duration of Exam||3 hours|
JEST 2023 Application Form:
Only the JEST 2023 Application Form submission is accepted. Besides this, read the instructions carefully for avoiding any sort of complication later. For applying via an online process, first of all, create an account with the applicable email address. The email ID will work for one month only i.e. from the day of creation until the announcement of the result. The email ids are interlinked to the creation of the account and used for communicating with the aspirants. Thus, the email address needs to be active and not changed in this time period. For form submission, ensure to log in to the created account. Once the form submission gets over, you will get a unique submission number at your email address. It is advised to save all the emails as well as the unique submission number by the applicant for the purpose of communication with the exam conducting authority.
JEST 2023 Exam Date:
Candidates who are interested in JEST. They can see below the JEST 2023 Exam Date Schedule.
|Application Form Date Announce:||November|
|Online Application Form Last Date to Submit:||December|
|Last date to submit Application form Fee:||December|
|Admit Card download date Announced:||January 2023|
|JEST Exam Date 2023:||February 2023|
|Answer Key Release Date:||February 2023|
|Last date for any objection against answer key:||February 2023|
|Declaration of Results:||March 2023|
|Interview Conduct:||April 2023|
How to Submit the JEST 2023 Application Form?:
- Before you sign in, ensure to register.
- In order to register, click the ‘register to appear for the exam’ link available on the Home Page. You will come across an email with account info post the registration with some valid email addresses. Use the instructions available in the email in order to reset the password as well as sign in to the account.
- Then sign in to the JEST Homepage using an email address and password. Then fill the form and save. Click on the ‘Submit Application’ button Only while inserting and check the crucial entries carefully
- Make a payment of the application fee via SBI Epay
- After you are done with the online application form submissions and payment of the application form, you are done with the complete process. After this, you can make no modifications at all.
- While filling the form, upload the photo and signature. The size of the photograph must not go beyond 50 KB. Before the uploading of the photos as well as signature, ensure to give a nice name to the file. You can make use of alphabets, numbers, underscores, special characters, to give a name to the file. If you make use of the logical naming system then it will be printed with no errors at all.
- Your signature will be scanned with the digital scanner and will be saved as a .jpeg file while uploading. In case if the file is produced by the scanner then it will exceed 100 KB. The image dimension should be 100 X 125 pixels or 240 x 300 pixels. However, 150 x 30 pixels for signature
For Latest Updates Follow Us on Instagram – Click Here
JEST Exam Application Fee:
Those who belong to the General category need to make payment of Rs Rs.400/ – and SC and ST category candidates need to make payment of Rs 200/-. Make payment for the application fee via modes such as Credit card, net banking, and debit card.
The Process to Apply JEST Exam 2023 Form:
- Applicants applying for Physics/ Theoretical Computer Science/Neuroscience can apply via online mode. Other modes considered inapplicable
- Applications need to submit through online mode once the JEST 2023 Official Notification released.
- Before filling the application form, read the instructions so that no trouble appear later
- Make sure to go to a website such as www.jest.org.in
JEST Eligibility Criteria:
- Integrated Ph.D. Program at IISER, Thiruvananthapuram: Candidates must have completed graduation in Engineering, Technology, and Physics if applying for Integrated Ph.D. Program in Physics
- For Integrated M.Tech-PhD Program at IIA: Candidates must have completed BTech, BE, and M.Sc Optoelectronics in Optics and Radio, Electronics, and Physics(Applied Physics) if applying for Integrated M.Tech-PhD Program at IIA
- For Theoretical Neuroscience/Computational Biology/Computer Science:
- Those who have done MCA in Computer Science, M.Tech, M.Sc, or ME can apply for the examination
- Those who have completed M.Tech, M.Sc or ME or MCA into any of the Science or Engineering with great numerical aptitudes at IMSC can apply for the Theoretical Neuroscience/Computational Biology/Computer Science exam
For Ph.D. Program in Physics:
- While applying for Ph.D. Program in Physics, make sure that candidate must have completed M.Sc in Physics, M.Tech, M.Sc or M.E
- Candidates who have completed M.Sc. in Applied Physics, Applied Mathematics, or Optics and Instrumentation or Photonics or Electronics considered as IIA.
- Besides this, BE and B.Tech considered at IUCAA, ICTS-TIFR, IMSc, IISc, RRI, NCRA-TIFR, JNCASR, IISER Mohali, IISER Thiruvananthapuram, IISER Pune, and TIFR-TCIS
- Those who are showing the last year of Graduation in Science or giving the first year of M.Sc in Astronomy, Applied Mathematics, Physics, Electronics can apply for the examination
- If you have completed Engg Physics or Physics, M.Sc in Applied Physics then it will be considered at IPR, at TIFR. Those who have completed Engineering Physics, B.Tech, and M.Sc Physics can apply for the examination
For Integrated M.Sc/M.Tech-PhD Program:
- A candidate who has completed graduation in Science then will consider for Integrated M.Sc, Ph.D. in Physics at HRI, NCRA-TIFR, SNBNCBS, IISER-Pune, ICTS-TIFR, TIFR-TCIS.
- Those who have completed unhitched Bachelor’s degrees in Science, Maths, Computer Science, Statistics and Engg IT will consider for affirmation in Ph.D. Physics, Theoretical Computer Science.
- The student who has completed a Bachelor’s degree in Science, Maths, and Computer Science, Engineering IT, Statistics, will consider for affirmation in Theoretical Computer Science and Ph.D. in Physics.
- There is no age bar for the JEST 2023 Entrance Test.
Find below the JEST 2023 Exam Pattern. Candidates must check before submitting the application form:
- Exam Mode: The exam will be in Offline mode.
- Types of Questions: The question paper will be a multiple choice question paper.
- Total Questions: There will be 50 questions in the Exam.
- Duration of Exam: Candidates must have completed your question paper for 3 hours.
- Question Paper Language: The question paper formate will be in the English Language.
- Marking Scheme: Part A: Candidates will receive 1 point for each correct answer. 1 point will be deducted for a wrong answer, Part B: The candidate will receive 3 points for a correct answer. There will be no negative marking in this section and Part C: The candidate will receive 1 point for the correct answer. 1/3 point will be deducted for an incorrect answer.
|Part A||15 questions|
|Part B||10 questions|
|Part C||25 questions|
JEST Syllabus 2023:
- Vector Algebra and Vector Calculus
- Curvilinear Coordinate Systems
- Linear Algebra
- Linear Differential Equations
- Elements of Sturm–Liouville Theory
- Special Functions
- Complex Analysis
- Fourier Series And Fourier Transforms
- Laplace Transforms
- Elementary Properties of Discrete Groups
- Elements of Probability Theory
- Error Analysis
- Newton’s Laws
- Conservation Of Energy and Momentum
- Generalized Coordinates
- Principle of Least Action
- Lagrangian and Hamiltonian Formulations of Mechanics
- Symmetry and Conservation Laws
- Central Force Problem
- Kepler Problem
- Small Oscillations and Normal Modes
- Special Relativity in Classical Mechanics
Electromagnetism & Optics:
- Electrostatics and Magnetostatics
- Boundary Value Problems
- Multipole Expansion
- Fields in Conducting
- Diamagnetic and Paramagnetic Media
- Faraday’s Law and Time-Varying Fields
- Displacement Current
- Maxwell’s Equations
- Energy and Momentum of Electromagnetic Fields
- Propagation of Plane Electromagnetic Waves
- Reflection, Refraction
- Electromagnetic Waves in Dispersive And Conducting Media
- Uncertainty Principle
- Schrodinger Equation
- Central Potentials
- Hydrogen Atom
- Orbital and Spin Angular Momenta
- Addition of Angular Momenta
- Matrix Formulation of Quantum Theory
- Unitary Transformations
- Hermitian Operators
- Variational Principle
- Time Independent Perturbation Theory
- Time-Dependent Perturbation Theory
Thermodynamics & Statistical Physics
- Laws of Thermodynamics
- Work and Heat
- Thermodynamic Potentials
- Elements of Kinetic Theory
- Maxwell’s Relations
- Statistical Ensembles
- Partition Function
- Classical Ideal Gas
- Harmonic Oscillators
- Classical and Quantum Statistics
- Fermi and Bose gases
- Black Body Radiation
- Statistics of Paramagnetism
- Basics of Semiconductor
- p-n Junctions
- LCR Circuits
- Active Filters and Oscillators
- Basics of OPAMPS and their Applications
- Basics of Digital Electronics
The JEST Admit Card has been released on January 2023 through online mode. The candidate must download it and take a print of it. Carry this Admit Card to the exam center. Admit card will have the information about the candidate roll number, exam venue, exam date, etc.
Steps to Download the Admit card:
- First, Visit the official website of the Joint Entrance Screening Test (JEST) 2023.
- Then enter Login ID and Password.
- Now a screen will open of the candidate JEST Admit Card.
- Then download the Admit card and take a print out.
JEST 2023 Result:
The JEST Result 2023 will be announced in March 2023. Candidate can check their result on the official website.
Steps to check the Result:
- Visit the official website of Jest.
- Then, click on the ‘JEST 2023 Result’ link.
- Now, Enter the Roll Number and Date of Birth.
- Then check your result and download it.
The process of JEST 2023 Counseling will start from the month of April 2023. During the process, the applicant will go through eligibility, documents verification, semester fee, and making choice for the institute according to AIR.
Get the Latest Update Join Us on Telegram – Click Here