CDS 2020: The Union Public Service Commission, under the constitution of India, is required to conduct nation-wide Combined Defense Services (CDS) examination to select eligible candidates for the Indian Military Academy, National Defense Academy, Air Force Academy, the Officers Training Academy and the Naval Academy. Eligible women candidates absorb into the Officers Training Academy. Just read the below here we are giving the details CDS 2020-21 Application Form, Exam Dates, Exam Pattern, Eligibility, etc
CDS 2020 Notification – Released:
- CDS 1 2020 & CDS 2 2020 notification has been released.
- CDS 1 2020 notification will be released on 30th October 2019 & CDS 2 2020 notification will be released on 05th August 2020.
CDS Exam 2020 Highlights:
|Exam Name||CDS – Combined Defence Services Exam|
|Conduct By||UPSC – Union Public Service Commission|
|Type of Exam||National Level Recruitment Test|
|CDS Exam Date||February 2 2020 & November 8 2020|
|Eligibility||Bachelor’s degree in Engineering required for IMA, INA, and AFA|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|CDS 1 2020 Exam Date||2nd February 2020|
|CDS 2 2020 Exam Date||8th November 2020|
|CDS Helpdesk||011-23098543 /23381125 / / 23385271 / 23098591|
CDS 1 2020 Application Form:
- The candidates require applying online for all the UPSC examinations including the CDS I and II.
- The online application forms portal reach via the official website of the UPSC.
- It is active when the official notification of the examination provides.
- The application process divide into two parts.
- Part I requires the candidate to furnish personal, educational and residential details for registration purposes.
- A valid and correct phone number and email address must be provided for the same.
- The examination fee is Rs 200 (no fee for women and reserved category students), then paid via an online gateway provided, or via SBI challan generated from the website.
- The challan is to be submitted with cash at the SBI Cash counter the next day.
- Part II of the application filling procedure requires the candidate to scan the photograph and signature images and restrict the size according to the guidelines and upload them on the website.
- Before clicking the submit button the candidate is advised to, take the printout of the filled in the application form for future reference.
- The availability of admit cards is notified on the website accordingly.
CDS 1 2020 & CDS 2 2020 Exam Date:
Find below the about the CDS 1 2020 Exam Date & CDS 2 2020 Exam Date, Candidates also check below the Application form submission date, Deadline to submit an application form, Admit card release date, etc:
|Events ||CDS 1 2020 Exam Date||CDS 2 2020 Exam Date|
|CDS 1 & CDS 2 Notification Release||30th October 2019||05th August 2020|
|Deadline to submit the application||19th November 2019 ||25th August 2020 |
|Issue date of CDS 1 & CDS 2 Admit Card||11th January 2020||11th October 2020|
|CDS 1 2020 & CDS 2 2020 Exam Date||02nd February 2020||08th November 2020|
|Result Date Announcement||23rd March 2020 (announced) ||December|
|Interview conducted on||For IMA August 2020|
For OTA November 2020
|To Be Notified|
|CDS 1 2020 & CDS 2 2020 Final Result Published||To Be Notified||December 2020|
Number of Vacancies for CDS 1 & CDS 2 Exam:
|Indian Military Academy, Dehradun||100|
|Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala||45|
|Air Force Academy, Hyderabad||32|
|Officers’ Training Academy, Chennai||225|
|Officers Training Academy, Chennai Women (Non-Technical) Course||16|
CDS 2020 Eligibility Criteria:
- An Unmarried male who is born between January 1994 to January 1998 ( aged between 20 to 24 years as on January 2020) is eligible to apply for the CDS I 2020 Examination for gaining entry into the Indian Air Force Academy.
- The Indian Military applies the age limit as 19 to 24 years as of January 2020.
- For the Officers, Training Academy, unmarried or widowed male/female candidates must not be older than 25 years and younger than 19 years of age, as in January 2020.
- For the CDS II examination, the candidate must be born between July 1994 to July 1999.
- The educational qualifications required for, candidates interested in the Indian Military and the Air Force is a degree (10+2) from any recognized university.
- For the Indian Navy, an engineering degree from a recognizes university is sought. For age relaxation norms refer to the notifications for the CDS I and II examinations.
CDS 2020 Exam Pattern:
- The examination of the candidates who chose the Officer’s Training Academy for recruitment tests the candidate in English and General Knowledge for maximum marks of 200.
- The mode of the exam will be Offline (Pen-Paper).
- The candidates aiming to admission into Indian Military, Navy, or the Air Force must prepare English, Elementary Mathematics and General Knowledge.
- The candidates allot two hours for each subject and a maximum of 100 marks is awarded in each subject.
CDS Exam Pattern for IMA, INA & OTA:
|General Knowledge||100||2 hours|
|Elementary Mathematics||100||2 hours|
CDS Exam Pattern for Officer Training Academy (OTA):
|General Knowledge||100||2 hours|
UPSC CDS 2020 Syllabus & Answer Key – Click Here
CDS 2020 Admit Card Download:
The CDS-1 2020 Admit Card will be released on 11th January 2020. Candidate must have to download & take a print out the admit card from the official website. The Admit has the details related to the exam venue, exam date, candidate name, roll no, etc.
Steps to download the Admit Card:
- Go to UPSC Official Website – www.upsc.gov.in.
- You find here CDS Examination 2020 click this.
- You will see there login ID & Password. Enter both User ID & Password.
- There you will see E-Admit Card click this you will see on the screen Admit Card, Download it.
CDS 2020 Result:
CDS 2020 Result will be announced on the official website. The authority also sends the mail to the candidate who qualifies the exam. After the result candidate will be called for the SSB/Interview.
|Download UPSC Previous Years Solved Papers – Click Here|
Steps to download the Result:
- Visit the official website of Union Public Service Commission (www.upsc.gov.in)
- Then click on the “Results” link.
- Now check the link for “UPSC CDS I Result” and click on it.
- Enter the details such as Registration Number & Date of Birth.
- Click on the “Submit” button.
- Check your Result & download it.