UPSC ESE/IES 2021: Union Public Service Commission conducts Civil services examination for various positions like Indian police service (IPS), Indian administrative service (IAS), etc. UPSC conducts the engineering services examination for the recruitment of various posts of engineering departments of the Ministry of Telecommunication and Information Technology, Central Public Works Department, Ministry of Railways, Geological Survey of India, Military Engineer Services, and many others.
UPSC conducts the Engineering Services Examination for the recruitment of various posts of engineering departments of the Ministry of Telecommunication and Information Technology, Central Public Works Department, Ministry of Railways, Geological Survey of India, Military Engineer Services, and many others. Candidate’s interested need to fill the application form through online mode. The application form will get released on 7th April 2021. To get complete details of the ESE Exam 2021 to check the given article.
UPSC ESE 2021 Notification:
- 17th June 2021: UPSC IES 2021 Exam will be conducted on 18th July 2021.
- 27th April 2021: The Last date to apply for UPSC ESE/IES Recruitment 2021.
- 7th April 2021: UPSC has been released the Application Form for ESE (Engineering Services Examination) 2021. The ESE Prelims Exam will be held on 18th July 2021 & the mains exam will be held on 10th October 2021.
IES 2021 Recruitment:
- Category I – Civil Engineering
- Category II – Mechanical Engineering
- Category III – Electrical Engineering
- Category IV – Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering
UPSC ESE/IES 2021: Highlights
|General Knowledge Online Quiz – Play Now|
|Exam Name||Indian Engineering Services/ Engineering Services Examination|
|Commonly Known as||IES|
|Conducting Authority||Union Public Service Commission|
|Frequency||Once a year|
Including 07 vacancies for the Persons with Benchmark Disabilities (PwBD) ( 03 vacancies for Locomotor Disability including Leprosy cured, Dwarfism, Acid Attack victims and Muscular Dystrophy & 04 vacancies for Hard of Hearing).
|Application Mode||Online Mode|
|Exam Mode||Offline Mode|
UPSC ESE 2021 Exam Date:
The dates for the UPSC ESE exam are provided below. The interested candidates can check the tentative schedule from the table:
|Events||Exam Dates (Announced)|
|Announced date of IES Exam 2021 Notification:||7th April 2021|
|Application Form Released||7th April 2021|
|Deadline to submit Online Application Form||27th April 2021|
|Preliminary exam Admit Card Released||—|
|Preliminary Exam of ESE / IES2021 (Objective Paper):||18th July 2021 (1 Day)|
|Admit Card released for Mains Exam:||—|
|Preliminary result date||—|
|Main Exam ESE /IES2021 (Conventional Type Papers):||10th October 2021 (1 Day)|
|Main exam date||—|
UPSC ESE/IES 2021 Application Form:
|Current Affairs Quiz – Play Now|
The candidates interested to apply for ESE 2021 can apply for it by filling the application form. The IES 2021 Application form will release through Online Mode.
The guidelines to fill the form are given below:
- Open the official website of UPSC: www.upsconline.nic.in
- Click on notifications and read carefully
- After that register yourself by clicking on “new registration”.
- Provide all the verified details asked in the application form.
- Upload the scanned documents like photograph and signature.
- Make the payment of the application fee.
- Submit your application form.
- Take out the printout of the application form.
ESE Application Fee:
All the candidates(excepting Female/SC/ST/ PH are exempted from application fee payment) are needed to pay a fee of Rs.200/‐either by depositing the money in any Branch of SBI via cash or via using the net banking facility of State Bank of India.
|GK Book for All Competitive Exams – Buy Now|
|UPSC IES 2021 Notification||Click here|
|UPSC IES 2021 Application Form||Click here|
ESE Exam 2021 Eligibility Criteria:
The candidates are suggested to check their ESE Eligibility before applying for the exam. The ESE Eligibility criteria have been given in the following points:
- All the citizens of India are eligible to apply for the ESE 2021.
- Candidate must have done engineering/diploma from a recognized university or Institute.
- Candidates IES Age Limit 2021 must be 21 to 30 years.
- Candidates belonging to the reserved category will be offered relaxation in the upper age.
- The age relaxation in the upper age will be 3 years for OBC candidates and 5 years for the SC and ST candidates.
- Applying Candidates must be physically fit according to physical standards set by UPSC for the Engineering Services Examination, 2021.
UPSC ESE/IES 2021 Exam Pattern:
The ESE examination would be held in three stages. The details of the Exam Pattern has been given below:
- The first stage of the ESE examination is the Preliminary examination.
- The duration of the exam is of 2 hours.
- The Preliminary examination will be an objective-type paper with 2 sections.
- The total questions will be 500 marks of which 200 Marks are for Paper 1 and 300 marks for Paper-II.
- The second stage of the examination will be the Mains Exam.
- The ESE Mains 2021 will be a descriptive test of subjects having 2 question papers.
- The total marks for the Mains exam will be 600 of which, 300 marks are for each question paper.
- The Final Stage will be the Personality Test of 200 marks which must be qualified by the candidates.
Stage-I: Preliminary Examination (Objective Papers)
|PAPER-I||GENERAL STUDIES AND ENGINEERING APTITUDE||02 HOURS||200|
Stage-II: Mains Examination (Conventional Papers)
|TOTAL MARKS (MAINS)||600|
|TOTAL MARKS (MAINS + PRELIMS)||1100|
Stage-III: Personality Test
|STAGE-I+ STAGE-II+STAGE III||1300|
ESE / IES 2021 Syllabus:
Find below the IES Syllabus according to below topics candidates can prepare for IES Exam 2021 Examination:
|UPSC Previous Years Solved Papers (Hindi) – Buy Now|
|Civil Service General Studies 20 Years Solved Papers – Buy Now|
|GK Book for UPSC & PCS Exam (English Medium) – Buy Now|
- Engineering Mathematics and Numerical Analysis.
- Engineering Aptitude covering Logical reasoning and Analytical ability.
- Basics of Project Management.
- Basics of Engineering and Material Science.
- Quality practices and standards in Production, Construction Maintenance, and Services.
- Information and Communication Technologies based applications and their Tools in Engineering such as E-governance, Technology-based Education, Networking.
- Values and ethics in the profession of Engineers.
- Basics of Energy & Environment: Environment Pollution, Environment Impact Assessment, Conservation, Degradation, and Climate Change.
- Current topics of national and international importance related to economic, social, and industrial development.
- General Principles of Design, Drawing, and Importance of Safety.
UPSC ESE/IES 2021 Admit Card:
The UPSC IES 2021 Admit Card of pre and mains will be released separately. The admit card won’t be sent to any candidate through the post. Candidates can download it from the official site. The admit card will get released a few days before the examination. The candidates can download the admit card using the application number and password/date of birth. The candidate needs to carry the admit card along with them to the examination venue. Also, carry any ID proof along with you.
|NDA eBook For Current Affairs, Mathematics, etc – Buy Now|
|Admission Enquiry Form – Apply Now|
Centres of Engineering Services (Preliminary) Examination:
- PANAJI (GOA)
- KOCHI (COCHIN)
- PORT BLAIR
Centres for Engineering Services (Main) Examination:
The ESE 2021 Result would be declared on the official website after the completion of each phase. Candidates need to visit the official website of UPSC to check the result. All the candidates can check their results by entering the roll number and password.