UPSC CMS 2022: Union Public Service Commission Combined Medical Service Exam is known by CMS. If somebody is applying for UPSC CMS 2022 then it would be a matter of high respect and excellence for the person. If you are applying for UPSC CMS then the candidate will get the position of Chief Medical Officer. This reputed examination takes place once in a year. You get several benefits if you get selected for this post. Other than this, there are immense opportunities provided to the candidate ahead.
UPSC CMS 2022 Notification:
- UPSC CMS 2022 Notification will be released on 6th April 2022.
CMS 2022: Highlights
|Exam Name||Combined Medical Services Examination (CMSE)|
|Conducting Body||Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)|
|Exam Mode||Computer-Based (Online)|
|UPSC Calendar 2022||Click here|
UPSC CMS Exam Dates 2022:
|General Knowledge Online Quiz – Play Now|
|Notification Release date||6th April 2022|
|Application Form Released||6th April 2022|
|Last date for the application process from||26th April 2022|
|Applications Form can be withdrawn||To be announced|
|Last date to submit online payment||To be announced|
|Admit card Download||To be announced|
|UPSC CMS 2022 Exam Date||17th July 2022|
|Declaration of the results||To be announced|
UPSC CMS 2022 Application Form:
To apply for UPSC CMS 2022, the candidate is required to fetch the application form which is available at the official website. There are two phases of the examination Phase I, and Phase II. You need to register and provide educational information as well as personal details. Fill the application form and make sure to choose the exam centre according to your convenience. Attach the documents asked for with the application form. Get the scan copy of the passport size photo and thumb impression and signature. Lastly, submit the application form along with the application fee.
|Current Affairs Quiz – Play Now|
- Candidates of Indian National can apply and no one else and Those who are from Nepal and Bhutan are also eligible to apply.
- A candidate for this examination must not have attained the age of 32 years as of 1st August 2021.
- For admission to the examination, a candidate should have passed the written and practical parts of the final M.B.B.S. Examination.
Find below the UPSC CMS 2022 Exam Pattern for Paper I, Surgery, etc:
Exam Pattern for Paper I:
The exam is meant to be commenced in two different parts paper I paper and paper II. There will be negative marking for incorrect answers. The exam time duration will be for 120 minutes.
- Pediatrics for 20 marks
- General Ability for 30 marks
- General Medicine for 70 marks
- Gynecology and Obstetrics for 40 marks
- Surgery for 40 marks
- Preventive Social and Community Medicine for 40 marks
As Soon as Written Test Gets Over, Candidates Will be Called for Personal Interview:
Part 1 will be Computer Based Test which will be commenced via online mode. The maximum marks will be 500. Each paper comprises of 250 marks each. Exam duration will be for 4 hours and 2 hours will be given each to both the papers. Overall there will be 240 questions. 1/3rd of the marks will be deducted for incorrect answers.
Marks Distribution in Part I as follows:
- Paper 1, Pediatrics with 24 questions, General Medicine with 96 questions
- Paper 2, Gynecology & Obstetrics with 40 questions, Surgery with 40 questions, Preventive & Social Medicine with 40 questions.
Marks Distribution in Part II (Personality Test) as Follows:
Those who clear Part I will move for the next part which is basically an interview/ personality test. The interviewer will test the mentioned below abilities of the candidate:
- Academic Knowledge
- Balance of Judgement
- Initiative and capability for leadership
- Integrity of character
- Alertness of mind
- Intellectual curiosity
- General Knowledge
- The ability for social cohesion
- Critical powers of assimilation
- Intellectual curiosity
UPSC CMS Syllabus:
Candidates can find below all topics UPSC CMS 2022 Syllabus for the General Ability, General Medicine, Paediatrics, Syllabus for Paper I, etc:
|GK Book for All Competitive Exams – Buy Now|
Exam Syllabus for General Ability:
This section covers various topics such as Economy, Indices and the Human Development, Indian Society, Polity, Programmes, economy, The effects of changing demographic trends on health, environment and society, Indian Agriculture, Industry, Transportation, and Service Sectors, Food distribution & adulteration, Recent trends in Science, Storage of Food and their relevance to public health and Technologies, exploitation, Basic concepts of Ecology, Natural and man-made disasters and their management, Natural Resources, conservation and related issues, and Environment and their impact on health.
Exam Syllabus for General Medicine:
This section is also inclusive of several topics like Neurology, Endocrinology, Hematology, Cardiology, Genito-Urinary, Gastro-intestinal, Respiratory diseases, Metabolic disorders, Infectious/Communicable Diseases, Nutrition / Growth, Psychiatry, Musculoskeletal System, Diseases of the Skin (Dermatology), General.
Exam Syllabus for Paediatrics:
Short stature, Growth and development, precocious and delayed puberty, Normal newborn, Low Birth Weight is newborn, Impaired learning, Neonatology, Developmental Delay, Complementary Feeding, Nutrition, Lactation management & Renal.
Syllabus for Paper II:
Find below the UPSC CMS 2022 Exam Syllabus for Surgery, Gynaecology & Obstetrics:
Blood vessels, Wounds, Spleen, Abdominal wall, Infections, Lymphatic, Thoracic surgery, Bile, Alimentary tract-Liver, Abdominal injuries, Pancreas, Orthopedic surgery, Neuro Surgery, Anesthesiology, Peritoneum, Urological Surgery, Otorhinolaryngology Ophthalmology, Traumatology
Syllabus for Gynaecology & Obstetrics:
- Ante-natal conditions, Post-natal conditions, Intra-natal conditions, and complicated labor, and Management of normal labors.
- Gynecology: Questions on infections in the genital tract, Questions on applied anatomy, Questions on Applied physiology of menstruation and fertilization, Questions on neoplasia main the genital tract, Questions on the displacement of the uterus.
- Family Planning: oral pills, Conventional contraceptives, Medical Termination of Pregnancy, sterilization & organization of programs in the urban and rural surroundings
Syllabus For Community Medicine & Preventive Social:
The concept of Health, Disease and Health Administration, Social and Community Medicine, General Epidemiology, Demography and Health Statistics, Preventive Medicine and Planning, Environmental Health, Nutrition and Health, Communicable Diseases, Non-communicable diseases, Occupational Health, Medical Sociology, Genetics and Health, International Health and Health Education, Maternal and Child Health, National Programmes.
Get a View of Exam Centers:
Examination centre is located in Aizawl, Agartala, Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Bareilly, Gangtok, Hyderabad, Itanagar and several other places of India.
Application Fee Info:
The application fee structure is mentioned below:
- Rs 200/- is the valid amount for the candidates belonging to General or OBC categories
- Female/ ST/ SC/ PH candidates are not required to make payment for the application fee.
Mode of Payment:
- Candidate can make payment via various provisions such as RuPay Credit/ Visa/Master/Debit Card or internet banking.
- They can also make payment in cash and in this case, the candidate is required to pay by cash at any branch of SBI.
Download the admit card from the official website of UPSC. Candidate can collect admit card at least three weeks prior to the date of examination. This card consisted of details such as date, time and exam venue. If a candidate fails to fetch the admit card then quickly contact the UPSC authorities as no candidate will be permitted to appear in the examination without admit card.
|UPSC Previous Years Solved Papers (Hindi) – Buy Now|
|Civil Service General Studies 20 Years Solved Papers – Buy Now|
|GK Book for UPSC & PCS Exam (English Medium) – Buy Now|
UPSC 2022 Related Exams:
|NDA eBook For Current Affairs, Mathematics, etc – Buy Now|
|CDS Exam eBook with Solved Paper – Buy Now|
- Civil Services Exam 2022 Application Form
- IES/ISS Exam 2022 Application Form
- IFS Exam 2022 Application Form
- CDS 2022 Application Form
- UPSC IES/ESE 2022 Application Form
- UPSC GEOSCIENTIST 2022 Application Form
- CISF AC 2022 Application Form
- UPSC CAPF AC 2022 Application Form
- NDA 2022 Application Form
UPSC CMS 2022 Result:
Check the official website to collect the exam result. Enter your name and roll number. As soon as the result will be announced, the candidate needs to fill and submit the Detailed Application Form (DAF) to appear for the further rounds of the selection procedure.