|Exam Dates||Application Form||Eligibility Criteria||Exam Pattern||Syllabus|
UPSC ESE/IES 2022: Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) conducts the Engineering Serving Examinations (ESE/IES) to select the Engineering Graduates to work in the Government sector. The UPSC IES 2022 Notification will be released on the official website of the UPSC. The selection process will depend on the three stages- Preliminary Exam, Mains Exam, and Interview. The aspiring candidates can check the given below details about the UPSC IES 2022.
Four branches of engineering:
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
UPSC ESE/IES 2022 Notification:
- 1st February 2022: UPSC IES 2022 Admit Card has been released. Click here to download the Admit Card.
- 12th October 2021: The last date to apply for UPSC IES 2022 Application Form is 12th October 2021.
- 23rd September 2021: IES 2022 Application Form has been released on 22nd September 2021 and the last date to apply is 12th October 2021.
UPSC ESE/IES 2022: Highlights
|General Knowledge Online Quiz – Play Now|
|Exam Name||Indian Engineering Services/ Engineering Services Examination 2022|
|Commonly Known as||IES/ESE|
|Conducting Authority||Union Public Service Commission|
|Frequency||Once a year|
|Application Mode||Online Mode|
|Exam Mode||Offline Mode|
|Application Release date||22nd September 2021|
|Last date||12th October 2021|
|Exam Date||20th February 2022 (Prelims)
26th July 2022 (Mains)
|UPSC Calendar 2022||Click here|
|Notification Release Date||22nd September 2021|
|Online IES Exam Application Form Released||22nd September 2021|
|Application Form last date for submission||12th October 2021|
|Withdraw the Application Form||20th to 26th October 2021|
|Admit Card||31st January 2022|
|IES Exam Date (Preliminary )||20th February 2022|
|IES Exam Date (Main)||26th July 2022|
|Result Date announcement||July 2022|
|Interview Date||August 2022|
|Announcement of Final result||August 2022|
|Current Affairs Quiz – Play Now|
The Application Form will be available on the official website where the candidates can download it with ease. The candidates are required to fill the UPSC IES/ISS/ Application Form as per requirements with all the details. They should scan their recent photograph and signature and upload them in the application form.
Aspirants must check carefully the entire form before submission. The candidates are also required to pay the application fees at any branch of SBI after taking the printout of the challan. The system of online applications creates a unique registration number for each applicant. The candidates should fill in the challan number along with the registration number and press enter to complete the task.
GK eBook for All Competitive Exams – Buy Now
The application fee is 200 INR for General and OBC candidates. The fee is not charged from candidates belonging to SC, ST, PH, and females. Payments can be made either online or offline mode. Credit card, debit card or internet banking can be used for the payment of application fees in the online mode. For offline payment of the fee, e-challan via any branch of SBI can be used.
Click Here – Free Mock Tests
How to Apply for UPSC IES 2022:
- Visit Official Website – http://upsconline.nic.in/mainmenu2.php.
- Here you will see the link “Apply Online” – Click This Link.
- Fill in the Personal & Education qualification details such as Your Name, address, Phone Number, Date of Birth, Age, and Educational Qualification.
- After submitting all details candidates can make payment through online mode.
- Candidates must upload the .jpe formate scanned copy of Passport size Photograph & Signature.
- Aspirants can choose the exam center also.
- For the future candidates can take a print out an application form.
The details of the IES Exam Pattern has been given below:
- The candidates must have completed the B.E., B.Tech or passed the Section A and B examination of the Institution of Engineers (India).
- Must have acquired the Degree or Diploma in engineering from a Foreign University, College or Institution recognized by the Government of India.
- Candidates Must have successfully completed the Graduate Membership Examination of the Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication of engineers of India.
- Must have passed the Associate Membership Examination Part II and III / Section A and B of Aeronautical Society of India.
- Must have passed the Graduate Membership Examination from the Institution of Electronics and Radio Engineers, London.
- Sc. Degree or its equivalent with Wireless Communication, Electronics, Radio Physics and Radio Engineering as a special subject or Master’s Degree in Science with Physics and Radio Communication or Telecommunication as a special subject.
Nationality: The candidates must be a citizen of India or a subject of Nepal, or a subject of Bhutan or a refugee from Tibet who shifted to India before January 1962 and settled permanently in India or a person of Indian origin who migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka or the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or East African countries of Kenya and Uganda or from Vietnam with the intention of settling permanently in India provided they had been issued a certificate of eligibility by the Government of India.
Age Limit: The interested candidates should have their age between 21 to 30 years on the year of examination. There are three years of relaxation in the upper age limit for OBC. A relaxation of 5 years is granted in the upper age limit for ex-servicemen and people belonging to SC/ST category. Furthermore, 10 years of relaxation is granted in the upper age limit for physically handicapped and disabled candidates.
The number of vacancies will be approximately 247 including, 08 vacancies for the Persons with Benchmark Disabilities (PwBD) (06 vacancies for Locomotor Disability including Leprosy cured, Dwarfism, Acid Attack victims and Muscular Dystrophy & 02 vacancies for Hard of Hearing). The number of vacancies is liable to alteration.
Centres of Engineering Services (Preliminary) Examination:
- PANAJI (GOA)
- KOCHI (COCHIN)
- PORT BLAIR
Centres for Engineering Services (Main) Examination:
The Process of selection for ESE includes 3 stages i.e,
- Stage‐I: Engineering Services (Preliminary/Stage‐I) Examination (Objective Type Papers) for the selection of candidates for the Stage‐II: Engineering Services (Main/Stage‐II) Examination;
- Stage‐II: Engineering Services (Main/Stage‐II) Examination (Conventional Type Papers) and
- Stage‐III: Personality Test
The ESE examination will be held in three stages. The details of the Exam Pattern has been given below:
- The first stage of the ESE examination is the Preliminary examination.
- The duration of the exam is of 2 hours.
- The preliminary examination will be an objective-type paper with 2 sections.
- The total questions will be 500 marks of which 200 Marks are for Paper 1 and 300 marks for Paper-II.
- The second stage of the examination will be the Mains Exam.
- ESE Mains 2022 will be a descriptive test of subjects having 2 question papers.
- The total marks for the Mains exam will be 600 of which, 300 marks are for each question paper.
- The Final Stage will be the Personality Test of 200 marks which must be qualified by the candidates.
Find below the IES Syllabus according to the below topics candidates can prepare for IES Exam 2021 Examination. The following subjects should be taken into consideration for the preparation of the UPSC ESE:
- Quality practices and standards in Production, Construction Maintenance, and Services.
- Basics of Energy & Environment: Environment Pollution, Environment Impact Assessment, Conservation, Degradation and Climate Change.
- Basics of Project Management/ Basics of Engineering and Material Science.
- Information and Communication Technologies based applications and their Tools in Engineering such as E-governance, Technology-based Education, Networking.
- Values and ethics in the profession of Engineers.
- Current topics of national and international importance related to economic, social and industrial development.
- Engineering Aptitude covering Logical reasoning and Analytical Ability.
- Engineering Mathematics and Numerical Analysis
- General Principles of Design, Drawing & Importance of Safety.
Syllabus for Different Branches:
|Paper||Civil Engineering||Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering||Mechanical Engineering||Electrical Engineering|
|Paper (I)||Building Materials,
Design of Steel Structure,
Construction Practice & Management,
Design of Concrete and Masonry Structures
|Basic Electrical Engineering,
Electronic Measurements & Instruments,
Analog and Digital Circuits,
Basic Electronics Engineering,
Thermodynamics & Heat Transfer,
Air Conditioning, Refrigeration,
Renewable Sources of Energy,
Power Plant Engineering
Electric Circuits and Fields,
Basic Electronics Engineering,
Electrical and Electronic Measurements,
|Paper (II)||The flow of Fluids,
Hydrology and Water Resource Engineering,
Environmental Engineering, Surveying & Geology,
Geotechnical Engineering & Foundation Engineering,
|Analog and Digital Communication System,
Computer Architecture and Organisation,
Advanced Electronics Topics,
Advanced Communication Topics
Mechanism & Machines,
Design of Machines Elements, Manufacturing, Maintenance,
Mechatronics and Robotics,
|Analog and Digital Electronics, Systems and Signal Processing,
Power Electronics and Devices
After submission of the UPSC IES Application Form, the candidates have to wait for some time before the admit card for the Preliminary examination is released. Those candidates who clear the preliminary examination are issued the Main examination admit card. The candidates cannot enter the examination centre without an admit card. Hence it is mandatory for each candidate to carry the admit card to the examination centre. The admit card can be downloaded from the official website.
UPSC 2022 Related Exams:
- UPSC CSE 2022 Application Form
- IES/ISS 2022 Application Form
- IFS Exam 2022 Application Form
- CDS 2022 Application Form
- UPSC GEOSCIENTIST 2022 Application Form
- UPSC CMS 2022 Application Form
- CISF AC 2022 Application Form
- UPSC CAPF AC 2022 Application Form
- NDA 2022 Application Form
The Result will be declared on the official website after the completion of each phase. Candidates need to visit the official website of UPSC to check the result. All the candidates can check their results by entering the roll number and password.
Get the Latest Update Join Us on Telegram – Click Here